**WEEK 1: Sunday Night Giants at Dallas**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WEEK 1: Sunday Night Giants at Dallas**

Are you guys pumped for the game? I'm just hoping that we go out there and don't look like our heads are caught between our legs.

My biggest fear, oddly enough, is Tiki. He better behave himself or else...

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

I was waiting for this thread. I think we have a better chance than most people think we do.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I was waiting for this thread. I think we have a better chance than most people think we do.
      I agree. I see the Cowboys as ridiculously overrated. They have a very old and most likely soon to be injured wide receiving group as well as an overachieving QB and a running back (Marion Barber) who is being labeled as a top 5 rb in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
        I agree. I see the Cowboys as ridiculously overrated. They have a very old and most likely soon to be injured wide receiving group as well as an overachieving QB and a running back (Marion Barber) who is being labeled as a top 5 rb in the league.
        Barber isn't being rated as a top 5 RB in the league by anyone. I just think the Giants do best when the media underates them for whatever reason. Spags is going to be very agressive against Romo and I think it migght create about 2 INT's. Eli is very good in the first half of the season and I think he'll be even better this year since he will make a huge jump.
        Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 09-06-2007, 12:15 AM.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Tutlepower you have a very sheltered view of the cowboys.

most likely soon to be injured....wtf is that?
          isn't being an overachiever a good thing?
          MB3 top 5 back is laughable. Top 5 tandem maybe.

This will be a great matchup huge implications on the division. Dallas can afford to let the giants steal one let alone at home. If the giants do this is a huge booster in winning the division.

We both play attacking defenses now which should make this game full of game breaking opportunities. Whichever team can stop the run will win this game. If neither team does it will come down to special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
            Tutlepower you have a very sheltered view of the cowboys.

most likely soon to be injured....wtf is that?
            isn't being an overachiever a good thing?
            MB3 top 5 back is laughable. Top 5 tandem maybe.

This will be a great matchup huge implications on the division. Dallas can afford to let the giants steal one let alone at home. If the giants do this is a huge booster in winning the division.

We both play attacking defenses now which should make this game full of game breaking opportunities. Whichever team can stop the run will win this game. If neither team does it will come down to special teams.
            Can't you leave me with my Cowboy fan bias in peace. I will admit that most Cowboy fans on this board are pretty open-minded, but I go to school in AZ where there are plenty of bandwagon Cowboy fans who see Marion Barber as the second coming and Tony Romo as the third coming (or other way around). I respect you though for keeping a very unbiased mind on the game. I really do see it as a good game and I do agree that this game will be made on the running game. Good luck and Goodnight. =D

Comment

I'm really glad we have the Cowboys week 1. Because honestly, I don't think Phillips has this team preprared nearly as well as Parcells would coming into the season. He runs a soft camp and soft practices and I think that will show late in the game. Some of their LBers have already made comments about being somewhat worried of Jacobs tiring them out. And they already lack depth there.
              Last edited by Jughead10; 09-06-2007, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                Wow, Cowboys are "ridiculously" over-rated.

I guess people projecting us Wild Card once again is over-rating us.

What do you expect 6-10? That would justify "ridiculously."

But mroe importantly this is funny coming from a Giants forum with Media HOFers like Eli, Plax, Shockey and Brandon Jacobs.

Talk about over-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  I'm really glad we have the Cowboys week 1. Because honestly, I don't think Phillips has this team preprared nearly as well as Parcells would coming into the season. He runs a soft camp and soft practices and I think that will show late in the game. Some of their LBers have already made comments about being somewhat worried of Jacobs tiring them out. And they already lack depth there.
                  And just as importantly a rookie, wet-behind-the-ears OC.

I don't think they are worried about Jacobs though. Be more worried if his name was Tiki.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                    And just as importantly a rookie, wet-behind-the-ears OC.

I don't think they are worried about Jacobs though. Be more worried if his name was Tiki.
                    Tiki isn't as tiring on a defense. You guys only have 8 LBers on a 3-4 team. 2 of which probably won't play. Another who is a terribly inexperienced rookie. Bradie James was already making comments about how he won't be able to catch a breather and how the team should have kept at least 10 LBers.

Comment

Tiki isn't as tiring on a defense. You guys only have 8 LBers on a 3-4 team. 2 of which probably won't play. Another who is a terribly inexperienced rookie. Bradie James was already making comments about how he won't be able to catch a breather and how the team should have kept at least 10 LBers.
                      Well if it is any consolation Bradie James always has excuses. Marcus Spears too.

Still, not concerned.

We will see but I just don't think Jacobs is going to do much Sunday.

To me it is all about how many times Shockey can abuse Roy Williams.

Comment

Well if it is any consolation Bradie James always has excuses. Marcus Spears too.

Still, not concerned.

We will see but I just don't think Jacobs is going to do much Sunday.

To me it is all about how many times Shockey can abuse Roy Williams.
                        Looking at the stat sheet, I agree Jacobs probably won't look like he had a great game. But he is just so punishing. I could see it taking a toll in the 2nd half.

Comment

Interesting point. I never thought about it, but I kinda agree with you.
                          And yall need to quite saying things like, "We have a better chance than most people think (post 2)." I dont think anyone sees the giants as a doormat. With your defensive ends, yall could beat anyone on any given day.

But I hope that day is not Sunday. I want to see Eli cry.
                          I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                            Interesting point. I never thought about it, but I kinda agree with you.
                            And yall need to quite saying things like, "We have a better chance than most people think (post 2)." I dont think anyone sees the giants as a doormat. With your defensive ends, yall could beat anyone on any given day.

But I hope that day is not Sunday. I want to see Eli cry.
                            We are a 6 point dog at this point. Most people think we are going to finish in the bottom half of the NFL and you guys in the top half. So as I said in Post 2 I think we have a better chance than most people are giving us.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Wow, Cowboys are "ridiculously" over-rated.

I guess people projecting us Wild Card once again is over-rating us.

What do you expect 6-10? That would justify "ridiculously."

But mroe importantly this is funny coming from a Giants forum with Media HOFers like Eli, Plax, Shockey and Brandon Jacobs.

Talk about over-rated.
                              Media HOF'ers? coming from a team with the ultimate media HOF'er...

giants over-rated? that's why everyone is peggin us for the bottom half of the league...
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information