Giants Offseaon/Mock drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
    I like Booker, but no way in the 3rd.. I'd take Manny R before I take Booker, and I like Booker alot.
    I was the first to talk about Manny, back before he was even a day one thought. But let's calm it down a little bit with him. He is a road grader, nothing more. It's not like he is a G that won't ever be found in the draft again. I like the kid, but he I am not sold on him being an immediate starter just yet.
    Originally posted by Paul
    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
      I was the first to talk about Manny, back before he was even a day one thought. But let's calm it down a little bit with him. He is a road grader, nothing more. It's not like he is a G that won't ever be found in the draft again. I like the kid, but he I am not sold on him being an immediate starter just yet.
      Well that's good you knew of him. I know, personally i got that from a TT game i saw during the year, and than BBD brought him up and i remembered him again.

I think he helped himself at the combine and senior bowl week, which will open NFL scouts's eyes. As for finding more later in other drafts, I agree. I guess I liked Max jean Gilles last year, and still pissed the egurls took him.

Comment

How about this:

assuming we hold onto our RFAs, Grey ruegemer, and Feely

Sign:

Cato June- sign him to a 3 year deal for a decent amount of $$$

Dominic Rhodes- 2 year deal to backup Brandon Jacobs

Travis Fisher- a solid starting CB who isnt that old. Sign him to a 3 year deal.

Cato June (OLB)-would be a good pickup. He is a speedy LBer and still a young player. He obviously lacks size, but he brings the speed that we lack.

Dominic Rhodes (RB) is a nice pickup to backup Jacobs and split carries with. good pass catcher out of the backfield

Travis Fisher (CB) is a guy who should give us some help in the secondary and be a capable starter. Madison and Fisher is all rite and hopefully Underwood or Dockery shows something

Overall I think that it would help our Defense out tremendously and give us more options in the draft. June is a nice player and a fairly good fit. Fisher helps our secondary, and Rhodes is exactly what we should be looking add to compliment Jacobs.

Draft:

Round 1- Robert Meachem/Ted Ginn Jr./Dwayne Jarrett- I am a fan of all 3 of these guys. Chances are 1 of them is gone. But all 3 are going to be excellent players. Jarrett has great size, nice hands, great jumping ability, is physical, can block, and comes through in the clutch. Ginn has phenomenol speed and loads of potential, as well as an excellent return man. Meachem is the most well rounded of the 3 and is going to be an excellent player. anyone of them would be an excellent reciever for our team for years to come.

Round 2- Eric Weddle- a great safety who is gonna do great things in this league. since we got a CB, now we need a safety and Weddle would be great. Not gonna go in depth cause I am sure you guys know all about him.

Round 3- Stewart Bradley- Even though we signed June, we still have one major question mark in our LB core. While I think that Wilkinson or Blackburn will be able to play, I would still take Bradley in the 3rd. he has great intangibles and plays smart. he would be able to contribute on special teams and in a backup role. In a couple years, he should be able to become a nice starter.

Round 4- Manny Ramirez- strong player. Not gonna repeat this one. Can bench 550 though.

Round 5 Jonathan Wade- the guy has great potential. He had a nice senior year as well. He is very fast if nothing else and considering the division we play in, that will help.

Round 6- BPA RB/Yamon Figurs. Dont really know who would be available. Look for a RB to replace Ward, and a DT.

Round 7- BPA

Comment

I am going to have an updated mock offseason up in an hour.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

*I am doing a mock offseason starting from where we stand tonight...meaning the likes of O'Hara, Blackburn...etc already have been re-signed. And because of complaints last time, I will do a mock draft with no trades.

Cut

WR Tim Carter

Re-Sign

OL Grey Ruegamer-1 year-$900,000

Sign via FA

RB Dominic Rhodes-4 years-$14.5 million
            DT Ian Scott-4 years-$10.5 million
            OL Jordan Black-3 years-$5 million
            LB Tim Johnson-2 years-$1.3 million
            QB Brad Johnson-2 years-$2 million
            TE David Martin-3 years-$2 million

Draft

1-Aaron Ross-CB-Texas-4 years-$5 million
            2-Earl Everett-OLB-Florida-4 years-$3.6 million
            3-Johnnie Lee Higgins-WR-UTEP-4 years-$3.4 million
            4-Marvin White-FS-TCU-4 years-$2.6 million
            5-Anthony Waters-MLB-Clemson-3 years-$1.7 million
            6-Andrew Carnahan-OT-Arizona State-2 years-$700,000
            7-Marquice Cole-CB-Northwestern-1 year-$300,000

Giants Depth Chart

QB-Eli Manning, Brad Johnson, Jared Lorenzen

RB-Brandon Jacobs, Dominic Rhodes, Derrick Ward

FB-Jim Finn

WR-Plaxico Burress, Amani Toomer, Sinorice Moss, Johnnie Lee Higgins, David Tyree

TE-Jeremy Shockey, David Martin

OT-David Diehl, Kareem McKenzie, Guy Whimper, Andrew Carnahan

G-Chris Snee, Jordan Black, Rich Seubert

C-Shaun O'Hara, Grey Ruegamer

DE-Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Mathias Kiwanuka, Justin Tuck

DT-Barry Cofield, Fred Robbins, Ian Scott, William Joseph, Jonas Seawright

OLB-Gerris Wilkinson, Chase Blackburn, Earl Everett, Reggie Torbor, Tim Johnson

MLB-Antonio Pierce, Anthony Waters

CB-Sam Madison, Aaron Ross, Corey Webster, RW McQuarters, Kevin Dockery, EJ Underwood

SS-Gibril Wilson, Jason Bell

FS-Will Demps, Marvin White, James Butler

K-Josh Huston

P-Jeff Feagles

LS-Ryan Kuehl
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

To be quite frank with you Number 10, I don't like it.

Ross is going to be a 25 year old rookie.

Everett is too slow to play WLB for us after running a 4.88.

Higgins is alright but if Steve Smith, Allison, Davis, Allison or even Mike Walker are available, i'd go with them.

Marvin White is a reach.

Waters is alright, even though we don't need a MLB with Blackburn backing up Pierce.

Ian Scott and Brad Johnson were the only FA signing I liked.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                To be quite frank with you Number 10, I don't like it.

Ross is going to be a 25 year old rookie.

Everett is too slow to play WLB for us after running a 4.88.

Higgins is alright but if Steve Smith, Allison, Davis, Allison or even Mike Walker are available, i'd go with them.

Marvin White is a reach.

Waters is alright, even though we don't need a MLB with Blackburn backing up Pierce.

Ian Scott and Brad Johnson were the only FA signing I liked.
                -Ross is my #1 CB in this draft and option #1 would be to trade down to the 30-40 range and take him there, but like I said I kept trades out of this one.

-Everett is not slow. If you had any game tape on him you would know that. I don't value 40 times as much as some do, but let me say this. Evertett could have easily gone to one of these speed and quickness centers where they teach someone how to run a 40, technique wise so that it can be shaved by .2 seconds. However, that has nothing to do with in game speed which Everett already has. He plays laterally so well, and can drop into coverage smoothly. He is a better version of Wilkinson.

-I like Higgins a lot, very fast and very good mechanical WR. He is not just an athlete that happens to play WR. He also could be the return man we need. Allison is a late 2nd/early 3rd in my book along with Davis. I don't like Steve Smith as much as Higgins.

-White in the 4th a reach? ummmm....? At TCU's pro day, he impressed scouts again in the 40 and shuttle runs. He is also a instinctive cover man that can make plays on the ball. I am starting to think he may have to be picked in the 3rd if we want him because his stock is on the rise.

-I think Blackburn will be moved to SLB and will start the season there.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                  -Ross is my #1 CB in this draft and option #1 would be to trade down to the 30-40 range and take him there, but like I said I kept trades out of this one.

-Everett is not slow. If you had any game tape on him you would know that. I don't value 40 times as much as some do, but let me say this. Evertett could have easily gone to one of these speed and quickness centers where they teach someone how to run a 40, technique wise so that it can be shaved by .2 seconds. However, that has nothing to do with in game speed which Everett already has. He plays laterally so well, and can drop into coverage smoothly. He is a better version of Wilkinson.

-I like Higgins a lot, very fast and very good mechanical WR. He is not just an athlete that happens to play WR. He also could be the return man we need. Allison is a late 2nd/early 3rd in my book along with Davis. I don't like Steve Smith as much as Higgins.

-White in the 4th a reach? ummmm....? At TCU's pro day, he impressed scouts again in the 40 and shuttle runs. He is also a instinctive cover man that can make plays on the ball. I am starting to think he may have to be picked in the 3rd if we want him because his stock is on the rise.

-I think Blackburn will be moved to SLB and will start the season there.

mmmm Aaron Ross sucks.... I wouldnt even like him with our second round pick.

Everett is ok, but I think he is lower then our second rounder as of right now.

I like Jordan Black and Ian Scott. But overall a bad job in the draft and I would be very disappointed

Comment

My priorities are different than yours so my mock is different, but if they were alike, i'd draft like this...

If we go CB in the first it should be Hall, Houston or Revis. One of the three will drop to 20.

If we go LB in the second it should be Justin Durant. He worked out great, and had a very productive career at Hampton. Small School, but he has potential.

If we go WR in the third it should be Davis, Gonzo, Smith, Allison or Walker.

If we go S in the fourth it should be Josh Gattis. Watch out for Craig Dahl as a sleeper. Posted the fastest 60 yard shuttle out of ANY player at the combine and is 6'2" 215.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

I like Jordan Black and Ian Scott. But overall a bad job in the draft and I would be very disappointed
                      I'd love to hear your asessment on Ross.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

round1-----p.willis ILB can play the outside. (i was a timmons guy untill i heard he measured at 6'0 and did poorly in the quickness and agility drills and i hear he could fall into round 2).

round2-----Q.Pitcock DT/ M.McCauley CB/ B.Meriweather S/CB / B.Leonard FB i would be fine with anyone of these fine gentleman in round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

i disagree- ross does not suck, he won the thorpe award for best CB in the nation i do not think that is sucking
                          Earl Everett is going to b a good nfl player i think- the only objection i have to ur draft #10 is that i think u should just reverse a little- i think we can get a quality 2nd round CB like Josh Wilson, Daymeion Hughes, etc.
                          However i think LB is kind of thin and if do not nab lawrence timmons, beason, or paul poz we id b disappointed
                          i also object to taking a WR 3rd round and try to address Oline there

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                            i disagree- ross does not suck, he won the thorpe award for best CB in the nation i do not think that is sucking
                            Earl Everett is going to b a good nfl player i think- the only objection i have to ur draft #10 is that i think u should just reverse a little- i think we can get a quality 2nd round CB like Josh Wilson, Daymeion Hughes, etc.
                            However i think LB is kind of thin and if do not nab lawrence timmons, beason, or paul poz we id b disappointed
                            i also object to taking a WR 3rd round and try to address Oline there
                            Hmm, I like Ross. Would be a good addition to our roster, and I think it's been proven a lot of these Texas defensive backs have done well in the NFL as of recent.

I do not like the idea of getting Hughes though, he is way too slow for my taste. Last thing I think the Giants needs is a slow defensive back. I think with the aging Madison, McQuarters and even Webster isn't the quickest guy in the world. Dockery has some major speed that I liked though. However, don't be surprised to see Hughes lighting it up for a Cover 2 team.

I really like the idea of Ross, this way at least we know one of our corners won't drop a sure interception.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Ross is 25 years old. Unless he plans on stepping up his rookie season and making an impact, I don't want him. It takes corners a year or two to develop and he'll be 27 by that time. The draft is meant to bring young talent into the NFL, Ross isn't exactly young in comparison to most NFL rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                                Ross is 25 years old. Unless he plans on stepping up his rookie season and making an impact, I don't want him. It takes corners a year or two to develop and he'll be 27 by that time. The draft is meant to bring young talent into the NFL, Ross isn't exactly young in comparison to most NFL rookies.
                                The draft is not about what is going to happen 10 years from now. It is more about the 3-4-5 year plan and Ross will still be young then. Him being 25 is not a big deal at all. You are blowing it way out of proportion.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information