Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
    Considering the fact that we don't have a huge amount of needs and that we may be picking alot earlier than we would like...

    It is worth trading up to pick a guy like Eric Berry?

    If we add someone like Berry at FS (shifting Phillips to SS), this defense looks extremely formidable.


    Eg: If we end up at say #16, by the trade value chart, we could trade our 1st, 2nd and 2010 2nd and end up in the #5 area. There are alot of teams around there in need of alot of help and could really use the extra picks.

    Just thinking on this a little further...

    If we could trade up to get to somewhere around the top 5, who do you think we should get (assuming they are available)

    S Eric Berry, OT Russel Okung, DT Ndamukong Suh, DT Gerald McCoy or maybe even WR Dez Bryant?

    Comment


    • If we had a top 5 pick I'd go Suh.
      #Chop


      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • Yeah, if we get a top 5 pick (highly unlikely though), I want Suh.


        A realistic option in the draft for us is Dan Williams. I think he's a pretty good NT, and we need one of those. We'll be fine at UT with Canty, but we need a true NT. We haven't had one of those in a long time.

        And Williams can create a push too. He's not just a run clogger.

        We have options. I think theres no question though that we need to address MIKE, SS, and NT in the draft.

        Comment


        • It wouldn't surprise me if the Giants went after Greg Hardy though. I love Hardy, and have been a fan of his for awhile, but I would be upset at that move if we made it.

          We have more pressing needs. But it wouldnt shock me if the Giants nabbed him anyway.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Yeah, if we get a top 5 pick (highly unlikely though), I want Suh.

            A realistic option in the draft for us is Dan Williams. I think he's a pretty good NT, and we need one of those. We'll be fine at UT with Canty, but we need a true NT. We haven't had one of those in a long time.

            And Williams can create a push too. He's not just a run clogger.

            We have options. I think theres no question though that we need to address MIKE, SS, and NT in the draft.
            Definitely agreed that Suh is the prospect who would most benefit this team.

            As for our NT situation I've been on the Vince Oghobaase bandwagon for a while, he's long, but plays with great strength and leverage which is why I think he'll be a great fit at NT in a 4-3.

            I'm going to disagree on MIKE being a need, sure if there's no great value at SS or DT and we have a shot at a guy like McClain or Spikes who would be great fits for our D I would go in that direction, but I think we should give the Goff/Kehl duo a shot at the job since I think Goff would make a great run thumper in the middle of our D while Kehl could be the third down mike since he's more fluid and a better cover backer. Sure we could use a stud here but that's more of a luxury than a need.
            Last edited by Rosebud; 11-16-2009, 04:52 AM.

            BK

            Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              Definitely agreed that Suh is the prospect who would most benefit this team.

              As for our NT situation I've been on the Vince Oghobaase bandwagon for a while, he's long, but plays with great strength and leverage which is why I think he'll be a great fit at NT in a 4-3.

              I'm going to disagree on MIKE being a need, sure if there's no great value at SS or DT and we have a shot at a guy like McClain or Spikes who would be great fits for our D I would go in that direction, but I think we should give the Goff/Kehl duo a shot at the job since I think Goff would make a great run thumper in the middle of our D while Kehl could be the third down mike since he's more fluid and a better cover backer. Sure we could use a stud here but that's more of a luxury than a need.
              I haven't caught any of Oghobaase yet. The thing I like about Dan Williams is that he plays in a good program and against better competition. And he's looked damn good doing it.

              He'd look good on our front.

              If we're going to roll with Goff or Kehl, then they MUST start at some point this season. We can't go into the offseason blind about what we have in them. Gotta see what they can do before that.

              If they don't get any snaps, then you have to assume that we need a MIKE. At the end of the day, they were 4th and 5th round picks. A MIKE like Brandon Spikes would do wonders for this defense.

              Especially since AP can't shed a bock, and has been taking horrible angles this year. The few times Ive gotten to see some endzone cam on tv or whatever, every time AP looked god awful against the run.

              So MIKE is a huge need. We don't know if we have the answer in house. Why gamble?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Yeah, if we get a top 5 pick (highly unlikely though), I want Suh.


                A realistic option in the draft for us is Dan Williams. I think he's a pretty good NT, and we need one of those. We'll be fine at UT with Canty, but we need a true NT. We haven't had one of those in a long time.

                And Williams can create a push too. He's not just a run clogger.

                We have options. I think theres no question though that we need to address MIKE, SS, and NT in the draft.
                Not sure if you saw this or not in the Cowboys draft thread, but I've been tracking Dan Williams since before the season started. Every week, I add 3 new players to the watch list. Dan Williams was in the very first post along with Bryan Bulaga and Geno Atkins (I actually meant Jeff Owens, but got mixed up). You can see a brief commentary on stuff about him, but I think you might find it interesting. If not, not. But I thought I'd share.

                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...3&#post1876023

                Comment


                • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Not sure if you saw this or not in the Cowboys draft thread, but I've been tracking Dan Williams since before the season started. Every week, I add 3 new players to the watch list. Dan Williams was in the very first post along with Bryan Bulaga and Geno Atkins (I actually meant Jeff Owens, but got mixed up). You can see a brief commentary on stuff about him, but I think you might find it interesting. If not, not. But I thought I'd share.

                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...3&#post1876023
                  Good stuff D. I'll definitely start checking this out more often as the year goes on.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    It wouldn't surprise me if the Giants went after Greg Hardy though. I love Hardy, and have been a fan of his for awhile, but I would be upset at that move if we made it.

                    We have more pressing needs. But it wouldnt shock me if the Giants nabbed him anyway.
                    I am not sold on Hardy, I think Derek Morgan or Greg Romeus are better fits to be honest.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Good stuff D. I'll definitely start checking this out more often as the year goes on.
                      Dan Williams is someone I have been keeping an eye on for the Giants, I think he would be a real nice fit here

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                        I am not sold on Hardy, I think Derek Morgan or Greg Romeus are better fits to be honest.
                        I'm a big Derrick Morgan fan. But I doubt he'd last to the 20s. He's a pick in the teens, and at that point, I'm definitely not thinking about DE.

                        Comment


                        • Ballin's Draft
                          Needs to address Offensively:

                          -C,G,T- best case scenario, Beatty develops into the left tackle we need, we move Diehl to LG, if McKenzie goes down Diehl moves to RT and Seubert backs up at G and C.

                          -PLAYMAKER- WR/RB type guy, not needed but would be very useful on offense and special teams and hard to match up to.

                          Needs to address Defensively:

                          -DT/NT- Where has our defensive line pressure been? are our FA signings just stopgap players? We need a guy that does what Ratliff did to us.

                          -MLB- Pierce looks awful, he knows what he has to do, he just cant do it with as much power and quickness as he needs to. Goff looks big, but do we have enough trust in him?

                          -CB/S- Im sorry, but im not as optimistic about Aaron Ross playing safety as you guys are, he isnt displaying the physicality he had in college at all. Antrel Rolle and him are very similar players but we cant afford a bad tackling safety.

                          There is no way that i let Rolando McClain slip away from us this draft. Seen too many ILB come straight from the draft and produce recently, we need one.

                          Also Kiwanuka is not benefiting at all by staying in NY, i love him, but i dont think we'll be able to hold on to him, pretty sure he's an RFA so we can trade him.

                          *3-4 Defense trades for Kiwanuka, suffers 1st and 5th rounders.

                          1.(trade away our first, future first, 4th) Rolando McClain
                          Yes we're going to miss out next year, but McClain is a talent that fits what we want and more.

                          1. (From Kiwi trade) Sergio Render- Yes a guard, we're losing our push as an offensive line, he can play guard or RT, its a fit.

                          2. Jahvid Best- there's no doubt in my mind that he will come out, he has alot going for him. He is going to be that burst that we need, Jacobs is losing a step, Bradshaw isnt producing ,enough Ware better prove himself.

                          3. Trevard Lindley- he is a good cover guy with height and physicality, seems like a FS to me.

                          5. Chris McGaha- next jordyzzzz nelsonzzz

                          5. ED WANG- we need an AZN lineman

                          6. Stevenson Sylvester- last year he really stuck out to me in that bowl game, he looked like a monster, a guy with a high motor, SP teams/guy who could develop into the WILL in our system.

                          7. KICKER/PUNTER
                          Last edited by BaLLiN; 11-17-2009, 09:03 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Ahmad's on pace for a 1000 yard season with 5 ypc and 7 rushing TDs. How is he not producing?

                            And we need a SS, Phillips and MIchael Johnson have FS covered.

                            BK

                            Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              Ahmad's on pace for a 1000 yard season with 5 ypc and 7 rushing TDs. How is he not producing?

                              And we need a SS, Phillips and MIchael Johnson have FS covered.
                              okay, i meant when we need him. I liked the guy since before we drafted him, but im starting to question if he can ever be as good as he was last playoff season. We need him when we face teams that can beat us, not just when we're facing teams like Oakland, Kansas City, etc..

                              SS and FS should be relatively interchangeable. Michael Johnson has been brilliant sometimes, and others almost as awful as CC. I think Phillips should be SS with his body size and more reliability in tackling, we really need a safety that has range and can make plays. Im not asking for ed reed here, but someone to challenge those deep passes and make the opposing OC think twice before he goes long.

                              Comment


                              • i wouldn't mind trading the farm for McClain. He's the next Patrick Willis.

                                We can nab a safety in the mid rounds, or even in FA. we don't need a stud safety, just a solid SS who can support the run and provide decent pass coverage.

                                Worst case scenario KP's career is done, Johnson is very solid at FS, but we need a SS to compliment him.

                                We can find that in various ways.

                                A stud MIKE is hard to find. 2 guys I really like are McClain (obviously), and Brandon Spikes.


                                Brandon Spikes is more realistic.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information