No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemarr Houston is another guy to look for in rounds 2 or 3. I still want to see us grab a first round DT and then another guy later, but if we go LB first and then go with back to back DTs like Houston or Adkins and Thomas or Troup.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• BBD, where'd you see Reese say Canty will be our 3-tech?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
        Lemarr Houston is another guy to look for in rounds 2 or 3. I still want to see us grab a first round DT and then another guy later, but if we go LB first and then go with back to back DTs like Houston or Adkins and Thomas or Troup.
        I have a feeling we go LB first round, and then DT bc the depth at DT far outweighs the depth at ILB.

This is a fairly weak ILB draft. You'd get much better value if you go LB in the 1st and DT in the 2nd then the other way around.

Unless you want to aggressively move up in the 2nd and get Spikes, but theres no guarantee of that, and no history of it to indicate that Reese would consider such a move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
          BBD, where'd you see Reese say Canty will be our 3-tech?
          it was part of Reese's latest press conference. he said that canty is a guy who they feel can play all around the dline, but will primarily be a 3 technique and thats what they plan on using him as.

Reese on DT Chris Canty: “Obviously we expected more, but he was injured most of the season. We’re hopeful he’ll be healthy and come in and be a starter for us and contribute in a big way on our front. He’s a big-bodied guy that can definitely play a three-technique in our defense,” Reese said. “And he can swing and play some of the defensive end stuff. We like interchangeable guys on our front. We thought he could play several positions in our front. But primarily, we think he’s going to be a three technique for us. He’s been in almost every day. He’s been working hard trying to get back. He’s driven to come back and prove that we made the right decision with him. So we expect big things from him.”

from his press conference.

Comment

• Thanks BBD.

I'm not really a fan of any DT in this draft other then Suh. It is a shame that Maake Kemoeatu has been injured. I'd think he'd be the perfect 2 down player for us. Shell of his former self though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
              Thanks BBD.

I'm not really a fan of any DT in this draft other then Suh. It is a shame that Maake Kemoeatu has been injured. I'd think he'd be the perfect 2 down player for us. Shell of his former self though.
              i was upset we didn't trade for Corey Williams. I mentioned him a month or so ago, and Detroit pulled the trigger instead.

I think Corey would thrive in a 4-3 again, and has some gas left in his tank.

Drafting DTs is probably the hardest position to get right. So many bust out or disappoint.

Or if they do dominate, their shell life isn't very long. It's hard to get it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                I have a feeling we go LB first round, and then DT bc the depth at DT far outweighs the depth at ILB.

This is a fairly weak ILB draft. You'd get much better value if you go LB in the 1st and DT in the 2nd then the other way around.

Unless you want to aggressively move up in the 2nd and get Spikes, but theres no guarantee of that, and no history of it to indicate that Reese would consider such a move.
                I think Spikes will make it to our second rounder in either case if we want him, but what I'm really hoping for is that we grab Dan Williams and another DT in like the fourth so that we have the tackles to keep our LBs clean that lets us grab Washington, who right now is too wittle to play MLB, but still has room to bulk up. We could either give him a shot at MIKE while Goff moves outside to battle Kehl and Sintim for the SAM spot or we could really move guys around and put Boley back at SLB, where he originally broke out with Atlanta, have Washington at WILL and then have a Goff/Blackburn combo hold down the middle. That may seem like a little soft LB corps., but if our DTs get improved big time I don't think that's going to be a major problem, especially if Canty has a big year.

I just remember watching games this season and becoming so disappointed and upset by our atrocious DT play that I desperately want us to upgrade the position big time, way more than I want to see us improve our LB play. Because if our LBs don't improve on last year we could still be a top end team, but if our DT play doesn't improve we just can't be a top team, we'll get pushed around and our redzone D will once again be epically bad.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Here's a pipedream I like
                  NYG Trade: Osi Umenyiora, 3rd round pick and conditional 2011 pick
                  NYG Receive: Ryan Pickett and AJ Hawk

It'll never happen but if the packers have trouble working out a long term deal with Pickett I think this trade would help everyone involved. The packers re-coup some picks, get a talented veteran pass rusher to play opposite Matthews while giving him advice, the move HAwk so that they can get a more traditional and cheaper 3-4 ILB to fill his spot, Osi get's to play in a 3-4 were he can focus on just rushing the passer. We get a vet who can start with Canty while we bring along some youth at the position and we get Hawk, who's very versatile and can let us do some different things with our 4-3.

BK

Comment

• http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/78297/

Fred Robbins a Ram

Comment

• Pro Days

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I really wish McClain had his pro day already so I can officially rate him as my #3 LB.

Anyone know when he and Spikes are having their pro days?
                      Pro days
                      Alabama March 10
                      Florida March 17

For others:
                      http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

Comment

• It's official, I want Spoon at 15, here's why:

-Spikes has taken a tumble ala Rey M, and will make a team in the 2nd round happy, but will be picked early 2nd
                        -McClain, who I feel isn't as good as Spoon, will be gone
                        -Spoon is a speedy, hard hitting animal who's "character concerns" are probably over-blown or non-existant. I mean Kenny Britt's "character issues" and "ego" really screwed the Titans over, right?
                        -He's a playmaker back there and I think fits the Giants so well and will bring a ton of energy and talent to this team.
                        -Anthony Davis won't fall to us.

That being said, I think we need to grab Spoon at 15, leaving us the rest of the draft to address DT, OL depth/youth and maybe some safety depth. I'm feeling Spoon could have that Brian Cushing type impact for us on the field and get us back on track, I really do.
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Mike Mayocks new rankings

I found these to be a bit strange, which leads me to believe that he is trying to shake things up, just to seem slightlt ahead of the curve. I swear by Mayock but these reaches were too transparent.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

The ILB, OLB, DT, and S were naturallu of most interst to me.

Inside linebackers
                          Rk Player School
                          1 Rolando McClain* Alabama
                          2 Sean Lee Penn State
                          3 Brandon Spikes Florida
                          4 Donald Butler Washington
                          5 Pat Angerer Iowa

Outside linebackers
                          Rk Player School
                          1 Sergio Kindle Texas
                          2 Sean Weatherspoon Missouri
                          3 Daryl Washington TCU
                          4 Jerry Hughes TCU
                          5 Navorro Bowman Penn State

Safeties
                          Rk Player School
                          1 Earl Thomas* Texas
                          2 Eric Berry* Tennessee
                          3 Taylor Mays Southern California
                          4 Chad Jones* LSU
                          5 Major Wright* Florida

Comment

• The one I have a problem with are the safties. Berry had better measurables, made more plays, and at worst has the same range as Earl Thomas. If you add Sean Lee as the second ranked ILB, then why isn't Rashad Jones ahead of Chad Jones?

Lee and Spikes both produced, and neither put up beastly number at the combine. What seperated Lee, was how he moved in the drills in the combine. He was very smooth and fluid, while Spikes was not. That is the only thing I can see that seperated the two. Now, R. Jones fits under this catagory. Jones looked a lot better in the drills than both Chad Jones, and Major Wright, yet he isn't on the list. Wright ran well at the combine, but Jones was far more polished.

Now perhaps Mayock put more of an emphasis on the little things he saw in film study, but if that were the case then Nate Allen would be on this list.

I also think that Wheatherspoon should be included in as an ILB as well as OLB.

Comment

• Daryl Washington is a prototype WILL. He's not a MIKE at all. It's not like the guy is small and needs to bulk up, he's already 240 lbs, he's decent in build, he's just not a MIKE. Bare in mind that he only did 17 reps as well, so theres a lack of strength that you look for in a MIKE.

He doesn't have the nastiness that a MIKE needs. He's the perfect WILL though. If we didn't have Boley, id love to have him. He's so smooth for a LB, I can't remember ever seeing a LB as fluid as him. He's got the feet of a DB, its amazing.

Amazing speed too. The guy is going to be a steal for somebody. I think the Colts steal him at the end of the 1st round.

As for Spoon, I think his charisma is a good thing. It actually reminds me an awful lot of Strahan. We need another vocal loud guy like that in the lockerroom. With Stray and Pierce gone, we need that guy who's going to keep yapping on the sideline. Spoon has that yap to him, but its not always a serious yap, but serious when it needs to be. That's why he reminds me of Strahan in that sense.

I think thats a good thing.

And him being labeled as a OLB doesn't bother me. Beason was an OLB too, he did fine inside. So did DeMeco Ryans. That's not an issue.

Daryl Washington is an ILB but its clear as day to me that he projects to the outside in the NFL, so I don't make too much of it.

Comment

• Yeah BBD but Beason didnt have as much trouble shedding blockers as Spoon does, which could be a tribute to the bigger Miami defensive line possibly. Its rough, i dont want Spoon as MLB quite just yet, but i want him on my team without a doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information