No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mclain ran a 4.6 and 4.7 40. He apparently looked good in the drills as well. He has Krohn's disease, but that should not hurt his draft stock.

Comment

• Anthony Davis

His Proday did not go smoothly at all. He said he felt sick and that he had a pulled Hammy. They had to get him from his room to do some drills.

Comment

• Originally posted by touchdownmaker View Post
        His Proday did not go smoothly at all. He said he felt sick and that he had a pulled Hammy. They had to get him from his room to do some drills.
        good, let him fall to us. everybody wins.
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
          good, let him fall to us. everybody wins.
          Would rather have defense. Although would rather have Davis than the DT's who will likely be available at our pick.

Realistically, I think I'd like, 1. McClain, 2. Weatherspoon, 3. Davis with our first. I'd be happy with any of those picks. I wouldn't really even be upset if we took Price or Williams, I'd just prefer not to.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
            Would rather have defense. Although would rather have Davis than the DT's who will likely be available at our pick.

Realistically, I think I'd like, 1. McClain, 2. Weatherspoon, 3. Davis with our first. I'd be happy with any of those picks. I wouldn't really even be upset if we took Price or Williams, I'd just prefer not to.
            I think I'd like (for the best of this team) 1. 'Spoon 2. Davis 3. McClain 4. Williams/Price
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I don't think Reese will take Davis. He'll be afraid that since Davis is close to home he is more of a risk to get into trouble.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm curious to know if we're going McClain or Spoon.

If we're going McClain, that is a clear indication that we are not running Tampa 2.

I would not mind McClain as I've stated in the past, but I just like Spoon more. Regardless of scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I'm curious to know if we're going McClain or Spoon.

If we're going McClain, that is a clear indication that we are not running Tampa 2.

I would not mind McClain as I've stated in the past, but I just like Spoon more. Regardless of scheme.
                  Plus we'd get to call him Spoon which is quite fun as well.

In all seriousness though I like both players and think they'd both fit well here in NY.

Taking Spoon may not indicate defensive preference either depending what we do with Sintim. Spoon could be an OLB for us too if
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                    Plus we'd get to call him Spoon which is quite fun as well.

In all seriousness though I like both players and think they'd both fit well here in NY.

Taking Spoon may not indicate defensive preference either depending what we do with Sintim. Spoon could be an OLB for us too if
                    Yeah BBD i dont think it really gives significant insight into what we'll do defensively. Rolando would be ok in a tampa 2, hes not meant for it at all though. Spoon is more scheme versatile, but he could be a OLB in either scheme, or a MLB in either scheme, its just he would be better outside.

Comment

• Thoughts on Atkins? I'm not a big fan although he clearly has a lot of potential as a pure UT. The problem it seems he'll be a second rounder and frankly I'd much rather have Lemarr Houston if we're picking a tackle in the second and if he's available, which I think he might be. Since I think Suh, McCoy, Dan Williams, Price, Mount Cody as a NT and Odrick as a 3-4 DE will go ahead of him, I think there's a good chance he's at our pick and I like him better than those last two in a 4-3.

Also supposedly Brian Price could fall. News like that almost makes me wish we had a more aggressive GM, I'd give up a future first rounder and a fourth this year for him if he's falling to pair with Dan Williams and Daryl Washington, who'd be able to play MLB with DW, Canty and Price in front of him. Add Matt Tennant in the third and I wouldn't care about anything else we did until Camp.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Theres no way all those DTs go in the 1st round. Especially in this draft.

Thats why part of me wants us to trade our 1st for a late 1st and another 2nd. Compile picks. There are going to be some serious quality guys still in the 2nd round.

A lot of 1st round graded guys will be there in the 2nd.

Your boy Price might be there for us in the 2nd. I think a lot of 4-3 quality defensive talent will fall in this draft. The 4-3 has become what the 3-4 used to be: quality players that fit the scheme slipping because less teams are looking for their particular skill set.

4 years ago, Daryl Washington would be a top 15 pick. This year, he's a 2nd rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Theres no way all those DTs go in the 1st round. Especially in this draft.

Thats why part of me wants us to trade our 1st for a late 1st and another 2nd. Compile picks. There are going to be some serious quality guys still in the 2nd round.

A lot of 1st round graded guys will be there in the 2nd.

Your boy Price might be there for us in the 2nd. I think a lot of 4-3 quality defensive talent will fall in this draft. The 4-3 has become what the 3-4 used to be: quality players that fit the scheme slipping because less teams are looking for their particular skill set.

4 years ago, Daryl Washington would be a top 15 pick. This year, he's a 2nd rounder.
                          Man I sure hope so. I'm convinced that all 4 of Suh, McCoy, PRice and Dan Williams will be great starters. If we can trade back and still get one of those 4 I'd be giddy. Hell I want us to trade a future first and up to a 4th this year to get Price if he falls out of the top 20, even if we grab Dan Williams at 15.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Sounds like Spikes didn't run so fast. 5.01 or 4.96 is what I'm reading.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Sounds like Spikes didn't run so fast. 5.01 or 4.96 is what I'm reading.
                              hmm, could be available mid/late second, thats downright awful for a pro day tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                                I think I'd like (for the best of this team) 1. 'Spoon 2. Davis 3. McClain 4. Williams/Price
                                that's my bigboard as well, just switch Davis and McClain

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information