2007 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
    Key word there is possible. If you look at my latest mock draft, you will see that I in fact have us taking a WR in round 4. If this class was weaker, i'd have us taking a WR in round 1 or 2.

If I had to choose Dwayne Bowe or Levi Brown, I'd take Bowe in a second. One guy you forgot to mention is Robert Meachem. He is the second best WR in this draft IMO, and if he falls to us, i'd take him.
    excuse me while i go laugh myself to death. good thing your not our gm.

Comment

Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
      you know sometihng your right i am a dumbass
      Well we all agree then. Now that we've established that, allow me to help you with your grammer and punctuation. Here are some tidbits.

1. When begining a sentence, remember to capitalize the first letter of the first word.

2. The letter "i" should always be capitalized when used as a pro noun.

3. End your sentences with punctuation such as an period or question mark.

4. Re-read your posts and look for spelling errors before posting.

Why does a community college student have to teach grammer to a Notre Dame graduate?

Comment

excuse me while i go laugh myself to death. good thing your not our gm.
        Feel free to do so at any time.

Comment

check your grammar because you only use an when a word begins with a vowel and in grammar rule #3 you have an period. Plus, why would you take a franchise left tackle over an alright not amazing wide out. We do need a wide receiver but we need the major talent on the O-line and linbacer. We can deal with this season having an alright wide receiver core. Again we need to draft a WR in the first round next year, because this year there are way more important needs

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
            Well we all agree then. Now that we've established that, allow me to help you with your grammer and punctuation. Here are some tidbits.

1. When begining a sentence, remember to capitalize the first letter of the first word.

2. The letter "i" should always be capitalized when used as a pro noun.

3. End your sentences with punctuation such as an period or question mark.

4. Re-read your posts and look for spelling errors before posting.

Why does a community college student have to teach grammer to a Notre Dame graduate?
            omg man you seriously are a riot. this is the internet lol...im not doing all of that. what does spelling and punctuation have to do with anything. go point out something i spelled wrong and i will correct it for you. besides spelling has little to do with being intelligent and i dont know what this has to do with anything other then you changing the subject. you rather take bowe over levi brown. you rather not solidify our o-line. you rather take a player that will not make an impact. i dont understand your logic.

Comment

WR, OLB, and CB are all at the same level of need IMO. Whether we take a WR in round one all depends on who is available when we pick. My realistic big board for pick number 20.

1. Leon Hall - The only CB that can start for us next year.
              2. Chris Houston
              3. Lawrence Timmons
              4. Robert Meachem
              5. Darrelle Revis
              6. Dwayne Bowe
              7. Ben Grubbs

The point I tried to make was that a WR in round 1 is not out of the picture. It all depends on how the draft unfolds. I actually have us taking a WR in round four in my recent mock draft.
              http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=2110

Comment

Was there seriously an argument about grammar and punctuation on this discussion board. i believe we are talking about football here fellas relax
                Orlovsky, Fincher - UConn football '05 Draft
                Deon Anderson, FB - 6th Round 195th overall 07' Draft - Cowboys
                2008 UConn draft picks - Tyvon Branch CB - 4th Round 100th overall - Raiders and Donald Thomas G - 6th round 195 overall - Dolphins
                2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
                2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue58KiperIII View Post
                  Was there seriously an argument about grammar and punctuation on this discussion board. i believe we are talking about football here fellas relax
                  seriously.

Comment

I'm going to throw this out here, because we're sort of in the "wide receiver phase". What would you guys think of taking Matt Trannon in the 7th round? I've seen him play, he's extremely underated, and is the new age basketball/football wide receiver who really attacks the football. What intrigues me about this guy is if he put on some pounds, he could even be a good second string Tight End with Shiancoe gone.

I mean, really, the fellow is 6'6 and ran a 4.58, which isn't the worst 40 I've seen for a wide receiver. Having another huge target for Eli would be nice if we run four wide receiver sets. Burress, Toomer, Moss and Trannon would be a nice combination if you ask me. He can catch better than Tim Carter at the very least..

It's just a thought, would solve perhaps our tight end and wide receiver problem.
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

I dont think anyone would really mind who we draft in the 7th round.

I dont know much about Trannon but I think if he has those measurable its worthy of a 7th rounder

Comment

Sounds like he is definately worth a late round flyer...
                        I could see us getting a WR in the first too although i'd much prefer an impact defensive guy. There might be a top flight WR at 20 that might be too good to pass up. I wouldnt be crushed if we got any of the top 5 Wrs out there. My choice would be Jarrett or Bowe, especially if we somehow traded down a few spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                          I'm going to throw this out here, because we're sort of in the "wide receiver phase". What would you guys think of taking Matt Trannon in the 7th round? I've seen him play, he's extremely underated, and is the new age basketball/football wide receiver who really attacks the football. What intrigues me about this guy is if he put on some pounds, he could even be a good second string Tight End with Shiancoe gone.

I mean, really, the fellow is 6'6 and ran a 4.58, which isn't the worst 40 I've seen for a wide receiver. Having another huge target for Eli would be nice if we run four wide receiver sets. Burress, Toomer, Moss and Trannon would be a nice combination if you ask me. He can catch better than Tim Carter at the very least..

It's just a thought, would solve perhaps our tight end and wide receiver problem.
                          sounds like a good prospect at 6'6 running a 4.58. can he catch?

Comment

He played basketball at Michigan State so he can obviously jump, is athletic, and can snatch the ball out of the air. He never became the tyof offensive weaapon everyone thought he would be early in his college career. he is sort of an Anthony Mix type to compare it so someone on our roster, maybe a little more speed and fluidity than Mix, definitely worth a look in the final round or as an UDFA
                            Orlovsky, Fincher - UConn football '05 Draft
                            Deon Anderson, FB - 6th Round 195th overall 07' Draft - Cowboys
                            2008 UConn draft picks - Tyvon Branch CB - 4th Round 100th overall - Raiders and Donald Thomas G - 6th round 195 overall - Dolphins
                            2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
                            2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title

Comment

Giants | R. Bartel has workout with team
                              Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:50:35 -0800

KFFL has learned Tarleton State QB Richard Bartel had a private workout with the New York Giants Wednesday, March 14.

Comment

Giants | R. Bartel has workout with team
                                Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:50:35 -0800

KFFL has learned Tarleton State QB Richard Bartel had a private workout with the New York Giants Wednesday, March 14.
                                Somebody else posted that we had Dwayne Jarrett come in for a private workout. Where can we find a list of all the players that the Giants have worked out?
                                Last edited by ricky bobby; 03-14-2007, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information