The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    How the **** is Gallo a #2? #2 guys are Russell Westbrook, Manu Ginobli, Tyreke Evans (not good enough to be considered a 1 at this point).

Star #2 options are the Gasols of the world.

Putting up good numbers on a 500 team doesn't make you a #2. David ******* Lee puts up better numbers for Golden State, is he a great player? **** no.

I bet you guys were saying the same crap about David Lee when he was a Knick. Please. Mediocre talent is mediocre talent. There are such thing as compilers in the NBA, putting up numbers doesn't make you a great player. You see it all the time, a player puts up 20 and 10 on a bad team, goes to a good team and disappoints. Why? Bc he was never that good, he was compiling numbers on a bad team.

That's what Gallo is. You go to the NBA forum and you ask all those people what htey think of Gallinari. I guarantee you more people agree with my description of him. He's not that good. Get over it Knick fans. He's a marginal player.

I know we sucked for a long time so we'll prop up good players on our team, but jeez, this is getting ridiculous. I never seen a more overrated Knick in my life time.
    Who is the #2 on the Knicks? Is GALLO. I didn't say he was one the best #2 options league wide. I said he is the #2 option on the Knicks. If he was #3 option for us obviously that would be better but we dont have another option right now

No I couldnt stand David Lee towards the end of his Knicks run cause all he was doing was stat padding and playing no defense. So nice try. Loved him when he was first drafted where he actually hustled made a effort on D though.

The NBA Forum? Really? Really? that's your defense? wow that's sad. Of course they would agree with your opinion that Gallo is crap cause Rosebud pissed everyone off with his Evil Nixon-Monta Ellis like love for Gallo. I am sure that isn't the only reason but I just has to throw it out there.

Why don't you actually try to prove a point and talk about an actual flaw in his game? Here I will give you an example your boy Wilson Chandler has an awful shooting selection and settles for way to many jumpers which is his weakness. He should be driving more to the hoop more.

See now you try what is your beef with his game? See if you an actually discuss what you feel his problem basketball wise people would probably respect your opinion more when it comes to basketball.

You are right now the Knicks equivalent of a guy saying Eli is a bad leader cause you don't like the look of his face.

Edit: I forgot yes Tyreke Evans is the #1 option on the Kings even though that has no bearing on the Knicks or your Gallo rants
    Last edited by LTgiants; 02-01-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• I've broken down Gallo plenty of times in the past. I said he settles for too many jumpers, he's a streaky shooter, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't block shots, he's heavy footed on defense (he has effort but he's not a great defender), and he can improve his passing.

The guy is 6 11", you expect him to do a better job of rebounding and blocking shots.

Him and Chandler are essentially the same, I prefer Chandler over him bc we can move Chandler to SG if need be.

Gallo isn't even tough enough to defend PFs. We put Chandler on them. How pathetic is that?

And FYI, Raymond Felton is our #2. If you're goign strictly by numbers, Felton is our 2nd scorer. Not to mention even from a purist sense, he's our #2.

And yeah, I am gonna mention the forum, bc where else can we go and take a poll? It's not like any of us know each other adn can ask the same people.

Comment

I've broken down Gallo plenty of times in the past. I said he settles for too many jumpers, he's a streaky shooter, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't block shots, he's heavy footed on defense (he has effort but he's not a great defender), and he can improve his passing.

The guy is 6 11", you expect him to do a better job of rebounding and blocking shots.

Him and Chandler are essentially the same, I prefer Chandler over him bc we can move Chandler to SG if need be.

Gallo isn't even tough enough to defend PFs. We put Chandler on them. How pathetic is that?

And FYI, Raymond Felton is our #2. If you're goign strictly by numbers, Felton is our 2nd scorer. Not to mention even from a purist sense, he's our #2.

And yeah, I am gonna mention the forum, bc where else can we go and take a poll? It's not like any of us know each other adn can ask the same people.
        If anyone mentions any Knick outside of Amare most people there will hate on them there so its not like your going to get a 100% unbiased opinion over there on Gallo.

How can Gallo be heavy footed on defense yet he is near the top of the league in charges taken? that's pretty much the opposite of heavy footed

No I don't expect a SF who comes from Euro ball to be a great rebounder height doesn't equal rebounding ability or what position you play on the court.

Him and Chandler are not the same at all in terms of style play they play the same position but that's about it.

and no Chandler can not play SG we tried that experiment and it was not good. He is to slow to guard them which is part of why he guards PF's and Gallo doesn't. Chandler is stronger then Gallo which also has to do with it.

I don't think its pathetic at all there are plenty of PF's that are smaller then Gallo.

No I wasn't going by #'s. Gallo is more of a threat then Felton on O which is why he is the 2nd option just cause Felton has been jacking up more jumpers lately doesn't equal he is the 2nd option.

Comment

I've broken down Gallo plenty of times in the past. I said he settles for too many jumpers, he's a streaky shooter, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't block shots, he's heavy footed on defense (he has effort but he's not a great defender), and he can improve his passing.

You do realize we play Gallo on the perimeter because unlike Wilson he can actually stay in front of his man right? I mean sure he's "heavy footed" but that doesn't stop him from getting in front of guys and not just getting blown past every time like guys like Chandler? I mean you can **** on Gallo all you want but for a guy who's in his second full season and the first where his athleticism is starting to look like it used to in Italy, yet he's going to the line like a star, makes good passes, knows how to pass off of the drive and can get so hot from 3 that teams regularly play their best perimeter defender on Gallo because he scares them.

He won't be LeBron but if he becomes more consistent, starts boxing out hard again and develops his midrange game Gallo will be a force. He's already our second biggest threat, judging purely based off of the attention he gets, and he's still inconsistent. He's a youngin who works really hard so expecting him to keep improving his consistency is just reasonable.

Basically I don't get why you hate on gallo. He can get hot and take over games, he's the only guy other than Stat who we can depend on in the half court to get a bucket against tough D, he's our best perimeter defender, he's a smart and very willing passer who's a good team-mate and has the eveything you'd want from a Championship level 3rd option and possible 2nd option on a team with a great 3rd option. He's got work to do and isn't a superstar yet, otherwise there'd be no use for Melo here at all, but he is a very useful and versatile player who's consistently improved in his little time with this team and has a skillset that gives him an exceptional ceiling.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• As for Gallo v Chandler

Wilson's strong with better hops, he's a midrange assassin and is very explosive attacking the rim when he's on his game. He's also mastered the transition block and is a very good help defender. He's however still a mediocre 3 point shooter, turrible perimeter defender, simple passer and has absolutely no skill at drawing fouls. He's a very good young player, but he's completely different from Gallo and frankly Gallo's weaknesses are not only Chandler's strengths, but also the one part of gallo's game that would be most simple to develop, his midrange game.

*shrug* I brought up Gallo because he's playing like the kid I feel in love with watching in Italy ever since he's come back from his injury. Taking it to the hoop hard and he's even got his athleticism back as you could see with that powerful dunk on I think Greg Monroe where he scorched Prince and then just powered past Monroe. That's a move he couldn't make last year as he was recovering from his back and re-building his core strength. Now that athleticism is back and at 6'11" with the ability to get unstoppably hot from 3 Gallo is playing like a force to be reckoned with and a guy who deserves favorable comparisons to a young Manu, which is what I've said I think his impact will be, a smart and efficient 2nd or 3rd option who can take over games ever now and again.
            Last edited by Rosebud; 02-01-2011, 11:27 PM.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• My main beef with Chandler is he can't drive to both sides of the ball. That's a major flaw in his game. His game has fell off lately since the Melo trade rumors, it's clearly effecting his game.

Truth be told, the way things are shaping up, it's a very realistic possibility that Melo becomes a Knick. And if that does happen, we're simply too deep at SF.

Bc there's just no room for both melo and Gallo/Chandler. Sure, we can go small and have

C: Stat
              PF: Gallo
              SF: Melo

but, that's probably the worst rebounding and defensive front court in the league.

If we get Melo, chances are we're going to have to trade both Gallo and Chandler. 1 in a package for Melo, and the other for a legit defensive rebounding Center.

Comment

• I'm a fan of both Gallo and Chandler but the Knicks need Melo if they want to take the next step into the NBA elite. It's really that simple. Stat & Melo would be a dangerous 1-2 combination.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                  I'm a fan of both Gallo and Chandler but the Knicks need Melo if they want to take the next step into the NBA elite. It's really that simple. Stat & Melo would be a dangerous 1-2 combination.
                  Pretty much. And if we do get Melo, whoever stays, be it Gallo or Chandler, either of them should be moved for a Center.

The only player that's untouchable to me is Stat. I really wish we can keep Fields too, but I doubt we can. He's almost guaranteed to be part of a trade for Melo.

Fields needs to work on that jumper though. He'll never be an elite player, but he'll always be a great role player. I'm gonna miss him if we lose him.

Comment

• Honestly, I've kind of soured on Melo a bit. His attitude isn't great, he's not an elite superstar, he's a excellent player and a superb scorer but he's just not a very good team player.

I really don't want to give up Gallo or Chandler for him. If he wants to come to the Knicks so badly he'll sign in the off-season.

Right now I'm more concerned with getting a big man who can play some defense, a back up PG, and maybe another outside shooter or two.
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Carmelo is 3X the player than Gallo or Chandler. 3x is probably an understatement.

Think of it this way, who was the best player Melo ever had on his team? He's never had a guy like Stat to play with. He's not on the same level as Lebron or Wade, but Melo is one notch below that.

And worst case scenario, you move him for another star player in the future. It's easy trading 1 star for another. This is a great opportunity to aquire a star player while only giving up role players for him.

These kind of opportunities don't present themselves all the time.

Comment

Carmelo is 3X the player than Gallo or Chandler. 3x is probably an understatement.

Think of it this way, who was the best player Melo ever had on his team? He's never had a guy like Stat to play with. He's not on the same level as Lebron or Wade, but Melo is one notch below that.

And worst case scenario, you move him for another star player in the future. It's easy trading 1 star for another. This is a great opportunity to aquire a star player while only giving up role players for him.

These kind of opportunities don't present themselves all the time.
                        I'm not trying to say Gallo or Chandler is better by any means. I just think if we want Melo we should wait to the off-season. It's clear he doesn't want to go to the Nets. It's also clear his number one team is the Knicks. Lets keep guys who can be great contributors or trade pieces in Gallo, Chandler and Fields and let the chips fall where they may in the off-season.

Worst case scenario he goes elsewhere and we package some players for another star who will inevitably want to get dealt.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                          I'm not trying to say Gallo or Chandler is better by any means. I just think if we want Melo we should wait to the off-season. It's clear he doesn't want to go to the Nets. It's also clear his number one team is the Knicks. Lets keep guys who can be great contributors or trade pieces in Gallo, Chandler and Fields and let the chips fall where they may in the off-season.

Worst case scenario he goes elsewhere and we package some players for another star who will inevitably want to get dealt.
                          In a perfect world we get Melo in the offseason, but I just don't see it happening. He'll eventually cave and sign that 65 mill extension.

Comment

• Honestly, I rather trade for Chris Paul than Melo.

Then trade Felton for a Center, or a SG. And sign a C/SG in the offseason. Guys I'd be interested in is Chandler and Dalambert at Center.

Rumor has it the Knicks aren't that interested in Melo to begin with. I forgot where I read that. They don't want to give up 5 guys in a deal for Melo. Supposedly 3 players and a draft pick.

Which will probably be:

Chandler
                            Fields
                            Curry's contract
                            1st for Randolph
                            Last edited by bigbluedefense; 02-02-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

My main beef with Chandler is he can't drive to both sides of the ball. That's a major flaw in his game. His game has fell off lately since the Melo trade rumors, it's clearly effecting his game.

Truth be told, the way things are shaping up, it's a very realistic possibility that Melo becomes a Knick. And if that does happen, we're simply too deep at SF.

Bc there's just no room for both melo and Gallo/Chandler. Sure, we can go small and have

C: Stat
                              PF: Gallo
                              SF: Melo

but, that's probably the worst rebounding and defensive front court in the league.

If we get Melo, chances are we're going to have to trade both Gallo and Chandler. 1 in a package for Melo, and the other for a legit defensive rebounding Center.
                              Melo guarded Kobe in the WCF. If he can do that he can play the 2 down the stretch in the playoffs. That's why I think it's so important to keep Gallo or Chandler, with Gallo being my preference. It lets us go small with Felton, Fields, Melo, Gallo and Stat or big with Felts, Melo, Gallo, Stat and a Center.

I think it's a mistake to give up one of Gallo or Chandler for a Center because we won't get a C good enough to replace the impact a guy like Gallo has on the game. If we could get a guy as good as Mark Gasol, Bogut or a prime Okur that'd be great and I'd do it, but we won't. Any C we get for Gallo or Chandler won't be complete and will either get in the way offensively, or be just a mediocre Defender or Rebounder at which point is he really that much better than a guy like Turiaf or possibly even Mozzie?

I just don't know who this magic C we could get is other than Nene, who I like, but isn't worth giving up Gallo for. Dallas won't trade Chandler and Dally would get in the way on O because he's not even a good passer like Turiaf is and isn't even a great enough Defender to make up for it. That's not a solution and would be a down grade from either Gallo or Chandler's impact on offense and our ability to get out and run.That's why so many of our rebounds go to our guards, we're trying to get out and run and so instead of waiting the few second it would take for Dally to find a guard and pass him the ball, our bigs will just box out and let the easy rebounds go to the guards so that we can start moving down the court faster.

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                              Honestly, I've kind of soured on Melo a bit. His attitude isn't great, he's not an elite superstar, he's a excellent player and a superb scorer but he's just not a very good team player.

I really don't want to give up Gallo or Chandler for him. If he wants to come to the Knicks so badly he'll sign in the off-season.

Right now I'm more concerned with getting a big man who can play some defense, a back up PG, and maybe another outside shooter or two.
                              I'd give up Chandler, but I really would hate to give up Gallo, you saw in the Miami game that the only guys we have who can score in the halfcourt against good D are Gallo and Amare. We could use another guy like that in Melo, but Melo's a guy I waffle on and that worries me when talking about giving up a king's ransom for a "superstar" we can sign in the offseason.
                              Last edited by Rosebud; 02-02-2011, 04:41 PM.

BK

Comment

• The rebounding on our team is absolutely pathetic. It's going to be the death of us. I love Stat, but god he is an awful rebounder. Sometimes it doesn't even look like he tries to rebound.

So many rebounds by Dallas last night where they simply just out hustled our big men. It was pathetic.

I guess Mozgov fell back down to earth too. Just a bad game.

We really need to do something about our rebounding woes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information