Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A big reason for those short drives is bc our run game has gone to the shitter. With Carimi in the 1st and O'Dowd in the 2nd, I think our oline would be sick again and we'd be able to run the ball like we did in 07.

    If you think about it, additions to the oline indirectly makes our defense better too, so the smart move, despite my man crush for Von Miller, is being smart, staying home, and just stocking up on olinemen and getting our run game going again.

    Go back to ground and pound.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      A big reason for those short drives is bc our run game has gone to the shitter. With Carimi in the 1st and O'Dowd in the 2nd, I think our oline would be sick again and we'd be able to run the ball like we did in 07.

      If you think about it, additions to the oline indirectly makes our defense better too, so the smart move, despite my man crush for Von Miller, is being smart, staying home, and just stocking up on olinemen and getting our run game going again.

      Go back to ground and pound.
      Yep, that's why Sherrod's been my #1 for the Gmen with Carimi at #2 since our season ended. If we can keep our WRs healthier and get a studly OL and by proxi running game again, our D gets to stay fresher and attack more without having to show as much of it's arsenal. Makes it easier to confuse teams when they don't get as many chances to feel you out. Our D can get better but it's already got enough talent to dominate if they're kept fresh and we keep teams from just getting chance after chance to try and pick it apart.

      BK

      Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
        Yep, that's why Sherrod's been my #1 for the Gmen with Carimi at #2 since our season ended. If we can keep our WRs healthier and get a studly OL and by proxi running game again, our D gets to stay fresher and attack more without having to show as much of it's arsenal. Makes it easier to confuse teams when they don't get as many chances to feel you out. Our D can get better but it's already got enough talent to dominate if they're kept fresh and we keep teams from just getting chance after chance to try and pick it apart.
        We still could use some linebackers though. I think our dline and secondary are fine, more than fine to be honest, but we need another linebacker.

        I guess since trading the farm for Von isn't realistic, my 2nd wish is Mason Foster or Bruce Carter in the 2nd. That would push Center back 1 round though, which is risky.

        Would O'Dowd fall to the 3rd? I think he might, but it's risking it.

        My ideal mock, in a dream world is (if we don't get Von Miller)

        1. Carimi OT
        2. Foster LB
        3. O'Dowd C

        But realistically, Foster will be gone before we pick in the 2nd, and O'Dowd gone before we pick in the 3rd, so another scenario could be

        1. Carimi OT
        2. Carter LB
        3. Ryan Bartholomew C

        My mock of Bartholomew is strictly going off measurables. I haven't seen him play. Basically my round 3 guy is BPA at Center.

        Comment


        • Eh, if we can't O'Dowd or Wisniewski I'd rather just role with Seubert/Koets and maybe try Petrus out to. I don't think the guys available after that will have more talent than Koets or Petrus.

          BK

          Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

          Comment


          • We need a plan B though. Koets is coming off an ACL, Seuburt is getting old, and OHara is washed up.

            We may have 3 bodies at Center, but all 3 could be mediocre or hurt. So throwing another body in there wouldn't be a terrible idea.

            I'm all in favor of converting Petrus to C, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'd love for them to do that though.

            Comment


            • I think Seubert should be good to go, I guess it does depend on how Koets is doing with his recovery. I'm not so sure but I thought his situations wasn't all that terrible so he might not need the two years it took Osi to get back from his ACL. If he'll be back to 100% by the start of the season or even one of the earlier games I think we can expect him to be able to at least push Seubert for the job. Because in that case the time it takes him to get back 100% will be equivalent to what it'd take a rookie we take in the third or later to get up to speed.

              I dunno if I'd put Petrus at C full time just because he very well might have to step in at OG if Diehl gets stuck out at OT, but I would start cross training petrus at all 3 interior positions so that if Koets re-injures himself or Seubert goes down we can toss him over and he won't be clueless. That way he can focus on becoming a better blocker all around, which he does still need, while starting to learn the nuances of the Center position without getting overwhelmed by it.

              I know it's kind iffy but if I'm hearing good things about Koets' recovery, we don't sign anyone and we miss out on Wisniewski and O'Dowd I'd be okay with Seubert/Koets/Petrus. Especially if we've got the right side in beast mode like it would be with Snee-Sherrod/Carimi, then we add Diehl and Beatty on the left side our C's will have an easier job next year than last year.

              Add some WR health and development, another RB and maybe Ahmad learning how to hold onto the ball and our O should be able to hold up through a season as a steady threat keeping our D from getting over-extended and wearing out. We're really one of the most balanced teams in the league in all respects so we've got to walk a fine line and really win as a team because more than most teams we're really dependent on all of the pieces doing their part. Which is why I've been praying for Fewell to convince Bobby April to leave Buffalo and join him in NY since we signed Fewell.

              BK

              Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                I think Seubert should be good to go, I guess it does depend on how Koets is doing with his recovery. I'm not so sure but I thought his situations wasn't all that terrible so he might not need the two years it took Osi to get back from his ACL. If he'll be back to 100% by the start of the season or even one of the earlier games I think we can expect him to be able to at least push Seubert for the job. Because in that case the time it takes him to get back 100% will be equivalent to what it'd take a rookie we take in the third or later to get up to speed.

                I dunno if I'd put Petrus at C full time just because he very well might have to step in at OG if Diehl gets stuck out at OT, but I would start cross training petrus at all 3 interior positions so that if Koets re-injures himself or Seubert goes down we can toss him over and he won't be clueless. That way he can focus on becoming a better blocker all around, which he does still need, while starting to learn the nuances of the Center position without getting overwhelmed by it.

                I know it's kind iffy but if I'm hearing good things about Koets' recovery, we don't sign anyone and we miss out on Wisniewski and O'Dowd I'd be okay with Seubert/Koets/Petrus. Especially if we've got the right side in beast mode like it would be with Snee-Sherrod/Carimi, then we add Diehl and Beatty on the left side our C's will have an easier job next year than last year.

                Add some WR health and development, another RB and maybe Ahmad learning how to hold onto the ball and our O should be able to hold up through a season as a steady threat keeping our D from getting over-extended and wearing out. We're really one of the most balanced teams in the league in all respects so we've got to walk a fine line and really win as a team because more than most teams we're really dependent on all of the pieces doing their part. Which is why I've been praying for Fewell to convince Bobby April to leave Buffalo and join him in NY since we signed Fewell.
                Bobby April coaches for the Eagles now.

                It's pretty clear Coughlin isn't firing anyone on his staff. Once he heard he was safe, he gave everyone the middle finger.

                That reminds me, we need a damn punt/kick returner. Our special teams needs to be a priority this offseason.

                Comment


                • well Hixon said he's making very good progress and he was an EXCELLENT weapon on returns as well as being a good #4 WR.

                  And if Petrus could be our full time C...that'd be so so so so huge. A nasty mauler at C? and I'm all for moving him there full time. Beatty/Boothe can fill in fine in case of injury.
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                  Comment


                  • I'd keep Petrus as a Guard primarily while we polish his blocking technique. Start introducing how to read a defense and make the calls, so that he knows what too look for on tape, but let him focus on cleaning up his footwork and pass blocking. Then if you have to, i.e. Koets and Seubert go down, you throw him in there, but otherwise let him wait til next year to focus on trying to win the starting spot.

                    BK

                    Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                    Comment


                    • well see, Beatty's the wildcard. If we really think he can be a future starter at OT for us, we can draft a guy like Sherrod or Carimi and have them sit and wait. Petrus full time at C, and we could eventually have a Beatty-Diehl-Petrus-Snee-rookie this year line.
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                        well what forenci and I pulled off in the forum mock is pretty ideal to me. I'm on the Carimi bandwagon big time. I'd LOVE him in the first, and the 2nd would be fine with grabbing a DT like Ballard or Nevis. 3rd round...I want O'Dowd. I also prefer Murray to Todman, but Murray was gone...and Forenci peer pressured me to take Todman. If I had to make a dream mock it'd be something like:

                        1. Carimi
                        2. Ballard (who I've read a lot on recently and I'm falling in love)
                        3. O'Dowd
                        4. Not sure on specific players yet, but here's where I'd like a DB, or if Herzlich falls.
                        6 and 7, I'm not big on specifics this late, but I'd just love Lefeged in there like round 6. I'll have to do some research on some later round prospects.

                        I like your top two! I don't know about O Dowd, I have a bias towards linemen who are not strong at the POA. Maybe I need to look into him more. Ballard is an intriguing prospect, this DT class overall is full of very appealing players for our DT rotation. I don't know, but I want a Big DT that takes up two linemen, a run stuffer rather than a pass rusher, someone who can anchor from day 1. On another note, I think we need to look into these small school CBs.

                        Comment


                        • Small School CB prospects that I have my eye on:

                          Curtis Marsh CB/KR
                          Justin Rogers CB/KR, Richmond
                          Buster Skrine, CB/KR Tennessee Chattanooga
                          Anthony Gaitor, CB, Florida International

                          Especially the CBs with special teams potential, anybody has any tidbits or/and info on these players?

                          Comment


                          • Thoughts on Mark Ingram? I'm warming up to the idea.

                            Comment


                            • I like him but no. I don't want a RB in the first. It's a waste of resources.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Personally, Im not that impressed with him. Too many carries and seems to be injury prone a bit. Not shifty enough more of a north to south. One rb that I like is the kid from Illinois-Leshoure, I think he is the most complete back in this draft. The problem is he ran the ball out of a spread offense and not a traditional offense.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information