The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I like him but no. I don't want a RB in the first. It's a waste of resources.
    My thoughts too. I'm a huge Ingram fan but I'm not sure he's the type of back you spend a mid-first round pick on. We have too many other needs before RB. It would really just be a luxury pick, and we aren't really in the position to be addressing a luxury in the first round.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• if we grab a RB I want Murray in the 3rd or Dion Lewis late.
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I like Murray a lot.

No football is depressing. At least we got the Knicks this year.

Just like last year, I have no idea how this draft is gonna shape up for us.

Comment

• If Miller, and 2 of the top OTs are gone I say we take Ingram, but only if that's that case and I don't see that happening. Reese loves to go BPA that addresses a need(even a slight need if the player is a huge steal), so Ingram is not out of the question.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I love me some Robert Quinn, but if the Giants draft Quinn, I'm going to be pissed.

I was all for JPP bc we actually needed a pass rusher, but no more DEs. Enough of that.

Comment

• I have a feeling most scouts have Bruce Carter rated higher than Mason Foster.

In fact, I think all the Carolina guys, Quinn, Carter, Quan, I think all 3 of em are rated higher by scouts than us fanboys.

I like all 3 too. If we needed a DE, I'd be all over the Quinn bandwagon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                I have a feeling most scouts have Bruce Carter rated higher than Mason Foster.

In fact, I think all the Carolina guys, Quinn, Carter, Quan, I think all 3 of em are rated higher by scouts than us fanboys.

I like all 3 too. If we needed a DE, I'd be all over the Quinn bandwagon.
                I wouldn't mind Carter if we could land him in the second round. I think linebacker is so difficult to predict though. Unless you have a freak like Patrick Willis you just never know if a guy will explode in the NFL and be a stud.

I don't think Beason and Lofton were that highly considered (in terms of being big impact LBs) but they both panned out very well.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                  I wouldn't mind Carter if we could land him in the second round. I think linebacker is so difficult to predict though. Unless you have a freak like Patrick Willis you just never know if a guy will explode in the NFL and be a stud.

I don't think Beason and Lofton were that highly considered (in terms of being big impact LBs) but they both panned out very well.
                  That's all I really want. Give me a Beason or Lofton and I'll be a happy camper.

I feel like Carter or Foster can be that guy. One of em should be there in the 2nd round.

I'm coming around on Quan too.

And the thought of Greg Jones at WILL intrigues me. Not MIKE. But WILL, that might not be a terrible idea.

Comment

I have a feeling most scouts have Bruce Carter rated higher than Mason Foster.
                    Well Mason Foster was a significantly better than Bruce Carter throughout their careers. Carter is no doubt a great athlete, but has been an underachiever his whole career. Not to mention he now has a torn his ACL badly and has underwent ACL reconstruction surgery. Foster has played every LB spot in the 4-3 and played at a high level, had an AA worthy senior campaign, is an underrated athlete who is very fluid and was the most impressive LB at Senior Bowl. Foster is my guy in this draft so maybe I'm a bit bias but I would take him everyday over Carter.

Comment

• I'd take Foster over Carter too. I just dont believe he has any chance of being there in the 2nd for us.

And I think taking him at 19 might be a reach. Carter is the more realistic option in round 2.

I'm thinking

A.
                      1. Carimi
                      2. Carter

or

B.
                      1. Foster
                      2. Best available Center/OT

I think the value is probably better with scenario A.

Comment

I'd take Foster over Carter too. I just dont believe he has any chance of being there in the 2nd for us.

And I think taking him at 19 might be a reach. Carter is the more realistic option in round 2.

I'm thinking

A.
                        1. Carimi
                        2. Carter

or

B.
                        1. Foster
                        2. Best available Center/OT

I think the value is probably better with scenario A.
                        Yeah, but I think you could sensibly go with Scenario C.

C.
                        1. Carimi
                        2. Foster

Just stay away from Nate Irving. ;)

Comment

• Giants nation,
                          I have a question if WR Jerrel Jernigan, Troy or RB Mikel LeShoure, Illinois or Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor are available with our 53rd overall pick, would you consider any of these prospects? If yes, who would you pick up. I know it depends so what on our first round pick. These are three intriguing players that can drop for a lot of different reasons. What are your thoughts out there?
                          Last edited by DOMINATEtheline; 02-09-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Yeah, but I think you could sensibly go with Scenario C.

C.
                            1. Carimi
                            2. Foster

Just stay away from Nate Irving. ;)
                            listen, Carimi and Foster is my dream 1st 2 rounds, DONT TEASE ME!

and dominate, i'd be perfectly fine with Taylor at 53. He's an animal

keep me away from WR's, we should be fine there (especially if Smith stays).

Leshoure, I like, but I'm just not sold on us taking a RB round 2 unless it's far and away the BPA.
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I tell you this, I'm obsessed with a big space eating DT! If Phil Taylor would drop to us, that would be great. I mention Jernigan, just cause of the special teams impact he would have among other things. I think Leshore could be special, to be that big and fast with above average hands is totally absurd. Oh well, we got the combine coming, so we can get more data on all these prospects.

Comment

• I like Phil Taylor, but his troubles raise eyebrows.

I'm curious to see how Linval Joseph does, he was drafted to be our space eater. He looked great in the PS, but it was obvious he needed to fine tune his game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information