Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No avatars and sigs here, for years. Also have a privacy screen, wise investment, since I sit in a team war room

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Hahaha I have this exact same problem now. Cubicles are somewhat open at my job, and most the supervisors are located behind us. I get a bit of browsing time, but sometimes it's too hard, let alone you scroll past someone's sig with 2 chics kissing and that's all anyone can see walking from behind you lol. I need to upgrade to my own office in a year.

But I looked forward to your breakdowns, even if they were just Giants talk. Always a good read and I enjoy learning more about division teams which is why I love stopping in this thread.
      Yeah it sucks doesn't it? I had to disable sigs and avis bc there was just waaaaaay too much stuff going on for me to have on my screen at work.

I'm gonna try to do my breakdowns, I try to do em while the game is fresh in my mind but i just haven't got the opportunities to do em so far this season.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      That's like a fat guy who can't see his own junk though. I feel bad for you.
      I do enjoy the sigs and avis....but only when I'm not at work haha.

Comment

• I'm going to re-watch the Dolphins game tonight since I was pretty drunk at the actual game and don't remember everything all that well. Maybe I'll pick up some new things.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Yeah I have no idea what sig I have. Is it still Hakeem Nicks?
          Yes I think so, lol.

Comment

• The Giants rookies dressed for Halloween

#Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Eli's 4th quarter QB rating.

His 119.4 passer rating in the fourth quarter is the highest in the league.

Comment

• I think we all know he's been excellent so far this year. I'm glad BBD was so worried about him in preseason haha.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I just don't understand why people still discount him or even worse dislike or hate him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                    I just don't understand why people still discount him or even worse dislike or hate him.
                    I don't get it either. I mean there's still a good portion of the Giants fanbase that likes to throw him under the bus at the first sign of trouble. I've been firmly planted on the Eli bandwagon since the Chargers game in '05 and haven't wavered since. That was the first time you could tell he really was Easy Eli. Our defense didn't show up for that game but I can't believe how Eli played in one of the most hostile environments I've been in. Throw in the Denver comeback a few games after that and I'd seen enough to stick by him.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      I don't get it either. I mean there's still a good portion of the Giants fanbase that likes to throw him under the bus at the first sign of trouble. I've been firmly planted on the Eli bandwagon since the Chargers game in '05 and haven't wavered since. That was the first time you could tell he really was Easy Eli. Our defense didn't show up for that game but I can't believe how Eli played in one of the most hostile environments I've been in. Throw in the Denver comeback a few games after that and I'd seen enough to stick by him.
                      I think the system was such a bad fit, and isn't QB friendly. Also, surrounded by big time personalities like Shockey, Plax, and Tiki. Factor in that idiot Hufangel while Rivers had Cam C. and Ben had whisenhunt.

I wish we could put Eli in system where we can pad the living sheet out of his stats. And then do the same thing other systems do for their QB.

Look what they did to Brees during the Colts game!!

5 TDS and 325 yards, and all of them were like 2, 4, 2, 6 ans 14 yard passes.

No RB got over 100 yards, but they made sure Brees got his.

We ALWAYS run the ball down there. What if we started doing that? No more Bradshaw 3 TDs like in the Bills game. Put those in Eli's stat column!

Instead of 13th or 15th in the league in terms of passing attempts, let's have him top 3 and see what happens like all the "band name" QBs.

Comment

• I would love to see Eli get the recognition he deserves but as I said in the other thread I'm sick of defending. We all wouldn't trade Eli for any other QB in the NFL except for Brady or Rodgers at this point. He's a great fit for the team and NY. I agree I definitely want him to get his numbers but it's tough for a cold weather QB to put up huge numbers like Rivers in warm SD or Brees in a dome. In that Bills game it was smart football to run it in but of course it would have been nice to let Eli get a throw or 2 down there. When Eli retires everyone is going to realize how special of a QB he really was.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          I would love to see Eli get the recognition he deserves but as I said in the other thread I'm sick of defending. We all wouldn't trade Eli for any other QB in the NFL except for Brady or Rodgers at this point. He's a great fit for the team and NY. I agree I definitely want him to get his numbers but it's tough for a cold weather QB to put up huge numbers like Rivers in warm SD or Brees in a dome. In that Bills game it was smart football to run it in but of course it would have been nice to let Eli get a throw or 2 down there. When Eli retires everyone is going to realize how special of a QB he really was.
                          Well our system doesn't help any either. Why not pad Eli's stats like the others do?

1 yard TD

3 yard TD

Instead you and I know it's Bradshaw and jacobs area of expertise. Screw that, he is the leader and franchise QB, so let him get those TDs.

Instead we run it, and we see someone run the wrong route that results in an INT. So the box scores reads:

0 TD 1 Int

LOL. People think then it's his fault!

Comment

• Who cares what they think? You take stats too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                              Who cares what they think? You take stats too seriously.
                              We are fans of a sport where we deal with other fan bases. Unless one watches the game and doesn't read or watch or talk to anyone about it then fine. But when one likes to talk football, the topic is bound to come up.

Plus unforuntely stats are the currency which a player is graded when other fan bases don't see other games. That's a big issue.

I wouldn't care if other people's opinion was somewhat accurate. Saying he is a bad QB or avg is just plain wrong. Why not add the earth is flat to it too?

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
                                We are fans of a sport where we deal with other fan bases. Unless one watches the game and doesn't read or watch or talk to anyone about it then fine. But when one likes to talk football, the topic is bound to come up.

Plus unforuntely stats are the currency which a player is graded when other fan bases don't see other games. That's a big issue.

I wouldn't care if other people's opinion was somewhat accurate. Saying he is a bad QB or avg is just plain wrong. Why not add the earth is flat to it too?
                                The bolded part has been the biggest issue in regards to the Eli bashers. They just look at the final numbers and assume he played terribly. Even the biggest NFL fans don't watch every game every week so they just glance at the stats. I'm a huge baseball fan where stats 95% tell the story there but in football it's more like 20% and that might be a high number. We know what Eli is and I'm happy he's our QB. Screw the haters at this point. I'll take the never had a losing record stat from him over anything else.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information