This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Barden has better stats this year and he was out half the year. Beckum is garbage. Ballard is actually a good TE despite him being slow as **** and that's why he's on the field more.
    They are both garbage. But the coaching staff apparently thinks one is worse than the other.

Comment

• Beckum doesn't fit what we do but I'm not sure how much better off he'd be with another team. He just flat out can't play as far as I'm concerned.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Beckum doesn't fit what we do but I'm not sure how much better off he'd be with another team. He just flat out can't play as far as I'm concerned.
        So what does that say about Barden then if the coaches put Beckum split out wide on the field more than him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          They are both garbage. But the coaching staff apparently thinks one is worse than the other.
          There is no reason for Barden to see the field right now. When he gets playing time Eli targets him a good amount which shows me he's doing positive things on the field. I expect a 45-50 catch season from Barden next year.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            So what does that say about Barden then if the coaches put Beckum split out wide on the field more than him?
            Do you have numbers to back this up? I haven't seen Beckum on the field very often in the last month.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Do you have numbers to back this up? I haven't seen Beckum on the field very often in the last month.
              Jake Ballard paced the Giants’ offense with 77 snaps this weekend. Bear Pascoe worked 23 snaps, while Travis Beckum handled seven prior to an injury. Victor Cruz led the wideouts with 72 snaps played. Hakeem Nicks was in on 69 plays and Mario Manningham worked just 32. Ramses Barden saw only one snap. Ahmad Bradshaw sat out the entire first half due to suspension, but still played 28 snaps in the second half. Brandon Jacobs was in on 28 plays, as well. DJ Ware handled 22.

That's the first Cowboys game.

Hakeem Nicks paced the wideouts with 69 snaps, four more than Victor Cruz. Each ran 40 pass routes. Mario Manningham saw 30 snaps. Devin Thomas got in for one play. Travis Beckum edged Bear Pascoe for snaps at tight end, 40-38. Ahmad Bradhaw got double the snaps of Brandon Jacobs, 34-17, even though New York led throughout. Danny Ware got in for 19 plays. Fullback Henry Hynoski saw 31 snaps.

That's the second, but it's not really fair with Ballard hurt.

In those two games Barden saw the field for a whopping total of 1 play.

Comment

Beckum doesn't fit what we do but I'm not sure how much better off he'd be with another team. He just flat out can't play as far as I'm concerned.
                Ah, well that sucks. Would he be better suited in a place like Indy backing up and learning from Dallas Clark to take over that type role? That's sort of what I saw him as in college.

Comment

• Barden did see 13 snaps vs the Redskins, but that was with Thomas, Ballard, and Beckum all out.

Beckum played more than Barden too against the Jets with both Ballard and Mario out. I can't find a breakdown of where Beckum lined up on plays but that's just from memory.

Comment

• Barden played a ton in the Jets game though and Beckum I don't remember seeing often. I really think Barden can still be a good player. I'll be giving him one more year.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Not to mention, Barden was a healthy scratch vs the Cowboys in week 17 supposedly bc he's in the dog house.

Devin Thomas and Jernigan both saw more snaps than Barden with the season on the line. That says a lot.

Comment

Barden played a ton in the Jets game though and Beckum I don't remember seeing often. I really think Barden can still be a good player. I'll be giving him one more year.
                        29-19 Beckum. But again that is with guys out ahead of both of them.

Comment

• We'll see. Barden has been on the field less then and still has 10 more targets on the year than Beckum. You guys may definitely be right about Barden but I'm willing to give him one more year. He can be the next guy to step up if Mario walks.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm willing to give him 1 more year (next year is a make or break year for him though) but I wouldn't invest all my eggs in his basket.

If we can't re-sign Mario, we better look for a viable replacement, bc as far as I'm concerned, the replacement is not in house and they should not assume so themselves either.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I'm willing to give him 1 more year (next year is a make or break year for him though) but I wouldn't invest all my eggs in his basket.

If we can't re-sign Mario, we better look for a viable replacement, bc as far as I'm concerned, the replacement is not in house and they should not assume so themselves either.
                              Agreed. This won't happen, but for some reason I was thinking about Reggie Wayne going from playing with one Manning to the other.

Comment

• I'll throw Barden to the wolves if Sanu is there in the 2nd for us.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information