Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    Agreed. This won't happen, but for some reason I was thinking about Reggie Wayne going from playing with one Manning to the other.
    I wouldn't mind Reggie. But I just prefer youth. Cheaper and will give us more years.

    Sanu is looking kind of sexy right now.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I wouldn't mind Reggie. But I just prefer youth. Cheaper and will give us more years.

      Sanu is looking kind of sexy right now.
      Yeah but we with two guys like Nicks and Cruz already at the top I feel like that's a wasted pick. A great problem to have, but we aren't without problems that we can really be storing talent at other positions.

      I just wonder what type of market Wayne will have. Would he accept a 2 year deal? Would he want to play with a rookie (even if it's sexy Luck), at this stage of his career?

      Comment


      • I wouldn't take Sanu in the 1st because we have bigger needs like you said. As for Wayne it all depends. If Peyton is QB he might want to just stay and finish out his career in Indy. If Luck is QB then he may not want to be there with a rookie QB taking his lumps. I think we might be able to get him to sign a 2 year deal. NFL contract lengths don't matter that much anyway.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Yeah but we with two guys like Nicks and Cruz already at the top I feel like that's a wasted pick. A great problem to have, but we aren't without problems that we can really be storing talent at other positions.

          I just wonder what type of market Wayne will have. Would he accept a 2 year deal?
          We're no longer a running team, and chances are with the direction the league is moving in, we won't be any time soon. So having 3 WRs is not a luxury, if we're going to air it out with Eli from now on it's a necessity.

          I have no problem investing a 2nd in a WR if the board says he's BPA. I want linebackers more than anything, and I hope we draft 2 of em this year, but if we can land a Luke Keuchly in round 1 and the talent at LT, OLB, TE, and RB aren't as good as that 3rd WR, then I wouldn't mind taking that WR.

          Comment


          • I'd love Sanu, but I'm not sure how I feel about spending a first/second round pick on a WR this year.

            I think we'll be fine at WR. I still like Jernigan a lot. I think he could have a similar impact as Mario did in his second year. He gets a year to redshirt and learn the offense and then can step up and be that quick screen/deep threat/return man for us.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

            Comment


            • Do you guys really think that Cruz is the real deal? I mean I know it's pretty tough to hit 1500+ yards as a flash in the pan guy, but he got nearly 100 of those on 1 play. He did his job on it, but there's a bit of a breakdown in communication there if you ask me.

              When people start scheming against him and doubling him do you think he'll be able to continue to produce as a #1 WR? Personally I think Nicks is your best WR, but again, I haven't watched a lot of the Giants this year. I just like the skillset Nicks has.

              What can you tell me about Cruz, are you guys all in on him? I wouldn't stop building the arsenal for Eli just yet, getting a guy like Sanu in the 2nd round wouldn't cost you guys much in terms of a draft pick who could pay off big time, especially if Mario walks.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                I'd love Sanu, but I'm not sure how I feel about spending a first/second round pick on a WR this year.

                I think we'll be fine at WR. I still like Jernigan a lot. I think he could have a similar impact as Mario did in his second year. He gets a year to redshirt and learn the offense and then can step up and be that quick screen/deep threat/return man for us.
                Oh good point, I forgot about Jernigan, scratch my previous comment. I think that kid can flat play!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
                  Do you guys really think that Cruz is the real deal? I mean I know it's pretty tough to hit 1500+ yards as a flash in the pan guy, but he got nearly 100 of those on 1 play. He did his job on it, but there's a bit of a breakdown in communication there if you ask me.

                  When people start scheming against him and doubling him do you think he'll be able to continue to produce as a #1 WR? Personally I think Nicks is your best WR, but again, I haven't watched a lot of the Giants this year. I just like the skillset Nicks has.

                  What can you tell me about Cruz, are you guys all in on him? I wouldn't stop building the arsenal for Eli just yet, getting a guy like Sanu in the 2nd round wouldn't cost you guys much in terms of a draft pick who could pay off big time, especially if Mario walks.
                  100 were on one play? That's fine. He was a UDFA. I'll sign up for 1,400 from him next year right now.

                  Sanu would also worry me in this offense. We are very vertical, and I don't think he can play the slot for us. His skill set is better for a different team.

                  Comment


                  • Let's get Sanu! Please! Sanu!!!!!!!!!!

                    BBD, a lot of WRs on this team would probably excel on other teams with much simpler WR rules.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      100 were on one play? That's fine. He was a UDFA. I'll sign up for 1,400 from him next year right now.

                      Sanu would also worry me in this offense. We are very vertical, and I don't think he can play the slot for us. His skill set is better for a different team.
                      Nah that's not what I'm trying to get at. I'm saying when people start scheming for him do you think he's even got a shot at 1400 yards. What makes him special, is he just another Desean Jackson type who torches people, or is he just that sudden or crisp on his routes. On his 99 yard TD he got tracked down the guy just blew the sideline tackle because he wasn't ready for the hurdle (a great move by Cruz)

                      I just haven't seen anything in the highlights of him that makes me think, oh wow, he's a #1 WR in the NFL. Nothing like Fitz or AJ80 or CJ. Where you just know the dude can't be stopped if their team needs them on any given play. Does he have that ability?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
                        Nah that's not what I'm trying to get at. I'm saying when people start scheming for him do you think he's even got a shot at 1400 yards. What makes him special, is he just another Desean Jackson type who torches people, or is he just that sudden or crisp on his routes. On his 99 yard TD he got tracked down the guy just blew the sideline tackle because he wasn't ready for the hurdle (a great move by Cruz)

                        I just haven't seen anything in the highlights of him that makes me think, oh wow, he's a #1 WR in the NFL. Nothing like Fitz or AJ80 or CJ. Where you just know the dude can't be stopped if their team needs them on any given play. Does he have that ability?
                        No, he's not that type of player. He's more Wes Welker than those guys. But not quite as shifty a bit more size and leaping/ball skills. He may never have this many receiving yards again. But I don't see why he can't and shouldn't be in the 1000-1200 range in this offense.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by the_dark_knight View Post
                          Nah that's not what I'm trying to get at. I'm saying when people start scheming for him do you think he's even got a shot at 1400 yards. What makes him special, is he just another Desean Jackson type who torches people, or is he just that sudden or crisp on his routes. On his 99 yard TD he got tracked down the guy just blew the sideline tackle because he wasn't ready for the hurdle (a great move by Cruz)

                          I just haven't seen anything in the highlights of him that makes me think, oh wow, he's a #1 WR in the NFL. Nothing like Fitz or AJ80 or CJ. Where you just know the dude can't be stopped if their team needs them on any given play. Does he have that ability?
                          At the end of the day, all that # 1 WR talk is just fan non sense. The thing I look for is productivity. Is this WR productive? I don't care if he is a "#1" or a "# 28781q72837182781281728783" WR. Cruz may not be a "#1" or what not, but he just out produced Fitz, Jennings, and a lot of others. Now are their circumstances to that. Sure.. But the I'd rather focus on productivity. I think fans get so caught up with numbering WRs.

                          Is this guy a # 1 2 3? Not to mention teams use a lot of personnel packages so that all goes out the window.

                          Comment


                          • SANU SANU SANU SANUUUUUU

                            but it's a luxury. I think Jernigan is going to be very good for us, I'm with Forenci on that one. Even though BBD dubbed him Sinorice 2.0.

                            we need LB and OL before we go with a WR...but like, I'd LOVE Sanu
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                            Comment


                            • Sanu reminds me of a more athletic Steve Smith.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Fewell's contract doesn't end at the end of this year. He signed a 1 year extension after last year. He may have saved his job anyway with the last 2 games but it's looking like there's a great chance he'll be back no matter what. Let's hope some dumb team hires him as head coach.
                                #Chop


                                sig by BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information