Bring in:

Mike Sullivan as Quarterbacks Coach

Mike Priefer (Vikings) as Special Teams Coordinator

Lezlie Frazier (Vikings) as Defensive Coordinator

Alan Williams (Vikings) as Defensive Backs Coach

Fred Pagac (Vikings) as Linebackers Coach

Mike Singletary (Vikings) as Special asst. to HC/Linebackers

Comment

• Is Coughlin really going to go down with the Gilbride ship? Sounds foolish to me.

It's being reported if Lovie gets the TB job then Ross will most likely leave to be GM there.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        Is Coughlin really going to go down with the Gilbride ship? Sounds foolish to me.

It's being reported if Lovie gets the TB job then Ross will most likely leave to be GM there.
        I think Coughlin is going to stand by Gilbride.

I am actually somewhat impressed with our offense in the last couple of games without Cruz, Oline or running game. It wasn't special but was ok.

With a solid oline and a ground game we have potential.

Reading between the lines of Mara's comments, that we need to draft better. Maybe we don't mind Ross moving on to greener pastures.

Comment

• Fire Gilbride and hire Chud!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post

Not sure how you can say that and still support Coughlin.
            But he contradicted himself by saying we have missed in the draft in rounds 2-4.

I feel like the Jernigan comment was really unfair. In my eyes all these last two games did was guarantee him a spot on the roster next year. I still really wouldn't count on him for much. And why have we not found out he can "play"? Well because he wasn't good in preseason, was a terrible kick returner, and had Cruz, Nicks, and Randle all rightly ahead of him.

The only thing I could ever get on the coaching staff for were the 1 or 2 plays a game Murphy saw the field over Jernigan.
            Last edited by Jughead10; 12-30-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• If we know Coughlin is loyal you know Mara does. This is Mara forcing Coughlin to resign. Mara knows Coughlin and Gilbride go back. Asking him to fire Gilbride is asking a lot of Coughlin. Add in the fact that TC is at the end of the line of his coaching career and we're looking at the end of the Coughlin era.

Of course, this is assuming Mara wants Gilbride gone.

Fewell is as good as gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                what I would like to see as fair as our coaching staff goes:

Bring in:

Mike Sullivan as Quarterbacks Coach

Mike Priefer (Vikings) as Special Teams Coordinator

Lezlie Frazier (Vikings) as Defensive Coordinator

Alan Williams (Vikings) as Defensive Backs Coach

Fred Pagac (Vikings) as Linebackers Coach

Mike Singletary (Vikings) as Special asst. to HC/Linebackers
                New York Vikings

Comment

• If Coughlin is forced to resign I'm all for pursuing Lovie Smith (who was interviewed when we hired Coughlin) and Greg Schiano (the next Belichick).

Greg Schiano would probably bring Mike Sullivan who Eli has had his most successful season under.

If Coughlin does fire Gilbride, Mike Sullivan is the obvious choice to replace him. I'd like to see Joe Lombardi as another option and a potential successor to Coughlin.

As far as DC, I'd like Frazier. He's going to be a popular choice. Pepper Johnson could be good too.

Comment

• You know what in all the commotion yesterday I can't believe I didn't once mention how awesome it would be if Schiano came in as DC to replace Fewell. Maybe Belichick will call Mara and put in a good word for him.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I would love nothing more than this, but I doubt it.

I think realistically, if we do lose both coordinators, I think Spags and Sullivan are the most likely replacements.

I don't want Sullivan, I want a new offensive system altogether, but I doubt we get that.

If we keep the option route crap, I rather have Chan Gailey than Sullivan honestly.

Comment

• Keep Coughlin. Hire Chud and Schiano. Profit.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• My ideal dream team:

HC: Coughlin
                          OC: Norv Turner
                          DC: Greg Williams

Don't forget, if Tennessee fires their coach, Greg Williams is available. Greg is a stud DC, has always been a stud DC, he is an aggressive 4-3 guy who plays a ton of man coverage, we don't have to worry about him becoming a HC any time soon, and Coughlin tried to get Williams before he hired Tim Lewis.

Greg Williams would be perfect for this team and I'd do cart wheels if we hired him as our DC.

Comment

• I feel like I'm the only one who wants to keep Fewell. The defense played with a passion this year that I haven't seen in a while. A lot of that is Rolle, and lot of that was the addition of Beason, but they all seem to like Fewell a lot.

And let's be honest, Reese has never given him any linebackers to work with. Which someone should have asked Reese directly about after he praised the Beason pick up. What took so long?

I like the big nickel he's played a lot over the last two years. I think some of you are having bad memories from earlier in his Giants tenure. Based off this past year, he does not deserve to be fired. And if we are changing O-Coordinators, which I'm 100% with, I'd personally like the continuity on defense.

Comment

• Don't fall for the trap Jug!

Comment

• Fewell's contract is up. He would not be getting fired. He did do a good job this year but overall it's been quite the mess. I'm so sick of his 15 yard blitzes. I'd rather him stay than Gilbride though.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information