Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think cutting O'Hara is probably a wise decision for our team. Bc if he's back, he'll start, and I don't want him anywhere near the starting lineup.

Cutting him gives Koets a clear path to the starting lineup, and hopefully he's healthy enough to take advantage of it.

Comment

• We should be pretty active in FA on the OL then. At least for depth purposes.

Comment

• Well if you think about it, depth wise, drafting Brewer washes the cutting of Andrews in terms of #s.

Now cutting O'Hara would free up a spot for a backup C. Which I'm in favor of, I'd like an insurance policy to Koets in case he hasn't recovered from his ACL.

Comment

• I would love to give the following guys a shot once camps open up:
          Zack Pianalto, TE
          Garrett Chisolm, OT
          Kris O’Dowd, C
          Jake Kirkpatrick, C
          Mark Herzlich, LB
          Kenny Rowe, LB
          Alex Wujcak, LB
          Nick Bellore, LB
          Joe Lefeged, S
          Jeron Johnson, S

Chisolm is a solid T, O'Dowd or Kirkpatrick would push Koets and be a nice fall back if he doesn't pan out. Herzy would be a great defensive leader at LB if he heals up. Lefeged would be great for our multi safety Defensive looks.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I see no reason why we shouldn't look at O'Dowd or Kirkpatrick, Coughlin is on record saying we have a need at center.

Comment

• Woah! O'Dowd went undrafted? Why?

I would love to grab him. It almost makes me angry that we didn't spend a 7th on the guy just to make sure we have his rights.

Comment

• I would be shocked if we didn't bring in O'Dowd, Kirkpatrick and Herzy

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Why did O'Dowd go undrafted? Did he have some kind of injury?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Why did O'Dowd go undrafted? Did he have some kind of injury?
                    He has long history of injuries, especially regarding his knees. I guess teams just don't think he'll hold up to the brutality of the NFL game. It's a shame because when healthy I thought he was nearly as good as Alex Mack who went in the 1st.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• He was a top 2 round talent, but the injuries scared teams off. Kirkpatrick on the other hand was a 3-5th rounder IMO no clue how no one took him either did he have an injury history too?

SPLOOSH

Comment

• we need to bring in lefeged. end of story
                        :)
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I just decided to make a 53 man roster for the hell of it

Id really like to get Manny Lawson, but at the same time, we need to give Sintim a legitimate chance unless with a trade of Osi we'd bring Sintim to DE where he'd most likely be a better fit in 4-3.
                          Last edited by BaLLiN; 07-21-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                            He was a top 2 round talent, but the injuries scared teams off. Kirkpatrick on the other hand was a 3-5th rounder IMO no clue how no one took him either did he have an injury history too?
                            Which is weird because I thought his knees weren't supposed to be much worse than Bowers', and while he doesn't have the dominant potential of Bowers O'Dowd could be a well above average starting C in the NFL if those knees can hold up for a little while.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• It can't hurt to bring him into camp.

I'm also on board with bringing Lefeged to camp too.

Bring both Centers and Lefeged. Shoot, Herzy too. Why not.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                It can't hurt to bring him into camp.

I'm also on board with bringing Lefeged to camp too.

Bring both Centers and Lefeged. Shoot, Herzy too. Why not.

Actually, listening to the NFL network guys and such, it actually can hurt. Now with limits to practices and what you can do, that means less time on the field. So now, your 1st two units and rookies will be getting more reps than prior years, which was hard to begin with. So bringing in more people is a waste because you can't get a good look at them, because of the limited amount of time.

Accordingly to what I heard yesterday, some late round rookies may get cut just because teams may not have time to actually sit and develop them or even watch them because now they will be too busy implementing new stuff to the 1st/2nd and rookie units/players. So now, bringing in more players is a waste, from the standpoint that you may not have time to even get a good look at them because coaches will be too busy rushing to coach up other players.

That basically means, players who can step on the field from day 1 or more pro ready, can be signed and developed rather than the very good potential guy who needs couple years.

Mind you, this is from what I heard all day yesterday which Mike mayock brought up which makes sense. Bringing in more players, when reps are so limited would be a waste.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information