Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This talk about slightly dirty players with leadership has got me thinkin about Burfict, and how perfect he'd be for us

Comment

• This Atlanta beat writer thinks we are going to make a move for Stephen Nicholas

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons...a_falcons_blog

Any Thoughts?

Comment

• Ugh, with guys like Poz, Tulloch, Lawson, Ruud also in FA, and a potentially huge LB class next year I don't like the signing. He really isn't anything special, 5 career sacks(0 last season), never had over 80 tackles in a season(granted he has never started all 16 games), issues in coverage. If it is a 1 year deal to battle with Sintim then walk I don't mind it, but anything over a year and I will be pissed.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I want our next head coach to be a defensive guy so we have some continuity on defense. Hand Eli the keys on offense, bring consistency on defense, and we'll be better for it as long as he's a good coach.
          I could easily see Coughlin moving to a front office job, with Perry Fewell taking over as H/C and perhaps Peter Giunta stepping up as D/C

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
            Ugh, with guys like Poz, Tulloch, Lawson, Ruud also in FA, and a potentially huge LB class next year I don't like the signing. He really isn't anything special, 5 career sacks(0 last season), never had over 80 tackles in a season(granted he has never started all 16 games), issues in coverage. If it is a 1 year deal to battle with Sintim then walk I don't mind it, but anything over a year and I will be pissed.
            what about Nichols as a cheaper guy to man one olb spot plus a guy like Tulloch or Poz inside?

personally I would like to see Reese look into trading for Seattle LB David Hawthorne

Comment

• Here is an interesting trade idea, let me know what you think.

LB David Hawthorne (Seahawks) for CB Aaron Ross

The Seahawks have plenty of LB depth with Curry, Hill and Tatupu and they need CB help.

Both players are in the last year of their deals and are unlikely to be back.
              Last edited by Big_Pete; 07-25-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Great News Guys! Kirkpatrick, O'Dowd, Herzy, and Lefeged have all been signed and the only UDFA we signed is Jarriel King , OT, South Carolina.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Great News Guys! Kirkpatrick, O'Dowd, Herzy, and Lefeged have all been signed and the only UDFA we signed is Jarriel King , OT, South Carolina.
                  i just wanted O'Dowd, where did herzlich go?

Comment

• I fully expect Henry Hynoski to take bushpenis's roster spot

Comment

• Herzy went to the Ravens which is a great fit. Kirkpatrick and Lefeged to the colts. And I forget were O'Dowd went.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Colts like their Rutgers players.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Great News Guys! Kirkpatrick, O'Dowd, Herzy, and Lefeged have all been signed and the only UDFA we signed is Jarriel King , OT, South Carolina.
                          You should be happy to get King. He's very projectionable...he's massive, he's a very impressive/superior athlete for his size, 36 1/2" arms, possesses great power. He has all the tools necessary to make a roster, and he can play LT. He could certainly play G as well with the power he posseses, and his footwork inconsistencies.

Obviously he went undrafted for a reason, though. He still hasnt put it all together yet. He could be dominant at times, but he didnt sustain this. He can be a little slow off the snap, but that can be corrected. He's been no stranger to off the field incidents and he had a heart condition health scare. But he's been cleared of that red flag. I like him at T, the athletic ability is there, he just needs some coaching yet, to sound up the techincal side of things.

But yeah, King's a solid get, with a lot of untapped potential.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 07-26-2011, 08:06 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• We're not going to have many roster spots available this year so it's going to be very interesting to see who makes it to the Practice Squad.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yea don't get me wrong, King was a good signing and I'm happy with it, but missing out on both centers, and Herzy sucks.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I just wanted us to get one of the Centers. So I'm bummed about that.

The rest...let's be honest, none of us know if any of these UDFAs will amount to anything. The FO knows alot more than we do about this.

Sounds like Boss wants to test the market. I don't think he'll like what he sees. With Miller and Heap out there, Boss's market value isn't that high.

Bradshaw could potentially go to the Dolphins too. It's btw us and the Dolphins, at least that's what the rumormill is saying.

If Dallas botched up the Doug Free situation, I'd love to take him off their hands. Free at LT, move Diehl to RT, Petrus at LG, Koets at C and Snee at RG.

Sounds like a very solid oline to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information