Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poz to the Jags, kinda upset we missed out on him, but the money we would have had to pay wouldn't be worth the sign anyways and there are other LBs so its whatever

SPLOOSH

Comment

• How would you guys feel about bringing Tommie Harris on a small one year deal?

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I know some of the guys on BBI wanted Baas as well so I like this move. Don't forget when O'Hara came it was very similar, versatile C but can play guard spots if he had to.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Released Bernard now too, couldn't agree to a restructured contract.

Comment

• Also we are giving Coughlin a 1 year extension.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Bah. It's not that I dislike Coughlin but some of the coordinators he hires and insists on keeping can be frustrating. I suppose this doesn't change anything thought. If he doesn't make the playoffs again I'm sure he'll get fired.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• DWill got a ton of money from Carolina. Let's hope Bradshaw is cheaper.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If Bradshaw wants similar money, I say let him walk.

I hate paying RBs to begin with, that kind of money for a RB is ridiculous. I rather save the money and go into the season with Jacobs and Ware as our 1,2 punch than pay Bradshaw that kind of money.

Also, does anyone know anything about Bass's contract? No numbers have been released to my knowledge.

Comment

• Am I the only one who'd like us to bring in Gallery?

Diehl-Gallery-Baas-Snee-McKenzie

retain Bradshaw and Boss and Smith on a 1 year deal. that would make me happy
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                      Am I the only one who'd like us to bring in Gallery?

Diehl-Gallery-Baas-Snee-McKenzie

retain Bradshaw and Boss and Smith on a 1 year deal. that would make me happy
                      He already got signed by Seattle.

I didn't want him anyway, we have enough Guards. I rather give Petrus the LG spot than sign someone to play there.

Or slide Diehl to LG if Beatty can play LT and McKenzie has any gas left in that tank.

Comment

• just saw that, oh well.

And I'd be ok with Petrus starting at LG. I'm just...idk, so conflicted with Beatty. He was so damn inconsistant last season.

Also, let's sign Brian Leonard. HOORAY to that idea!
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Beatty scares the crap out of me. I don't trust him at all. I'm hoping he's progressed but I'd be lying to you if I said I was confident in that.

If I put my homerism aside, my brain tells me he's going to be a dud.

Signing Leonard would actually be a very smart move if we can't re-sign Bradshaw.

Leonard is an underrated RB. White RBs are so in right now.

Comment

• I like the Baas signing since he is versatile. I would rather have Chris Spencer at center though if he has not signed anywhere and play baas at the guard.
                            Last edited by LTgiants; 07-27-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• oooh if we brought in Spencer...

Diehl-Baas-Spencer-Snee-Mckenzie

*drools*
                              We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Also, does anyone know anything about Bass's contract? No numbers have been released to my knowledge.
                                This is what 49ers beatwriter Matt Maiocco says

The 49ers did not get into a bidding war Wednesday to retain starting center David Baas, perhaps to save cap space for a run at
                                Asomugha, an NFL source said. Baas agreed to terms on a contract with the New
                                York Giants that will pay him money commensurate with the top three or four
                                centers in the league, the source said.
                                http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/27/11/4...48&feedID=5936

Baas is a solid player, mostly played LG for us until he switched to C this year due to injuries. Still miffed as to why we didn't re-sign honestly. Good signing by the G-Men.
                                Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 07-27-2011, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information