Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Giants Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Na. All the signings were long term contracts. Only a couple of filler guys were 1 year contracts, but they are loaded with draft picks, so they'll just fill those holes in the draft this coming year.

    Comment


    • At least Marvin Austin is sounding like he's doing well in camp. If we can get a pass rush from the inside, that would be huge.

      Knowing our staff though, Austin will be lucky to play as a rotational guy this year at best.

      I wonder if we do trade Osi, do we move Sintim to DE? It would make sense to me. But it seems they're set on making him a LB.

      Comment


      • Sintim is our starting LB right now so I doubt they move him midway through camp. When we deal Osi I'd like to see us sign another DE.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Who though? No one worth a damn is out there.

          You just gotta hope and pray Kiwi and Tuck stay healthy.

          Comment


          • Who are we going to rotate, just the 3 of them? Possibly throw Canty out there a few plays. I don't like it.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • We pretty much have to rotate the 3 of them. Use more DTs in our pass rush packages.

              When Kiwi went down last year, we rotated Tuck, Osi and JPP. It can be done with 3 guys.

              You just gotta hope Kiwi can stay healthy and JPP develops. What else can you do?

              Most teams don't even have 3 guys. If they could do it, so can we.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                We pretty much have to rotate the 3 of them. Use more DTs in our pass rush packages.

                When Kiwi went down last year, we rotated Tuck, Osi and JPP. It can be done with 3 guys.

                You just gotta hope Kiwi can stay healthy and JPP develops. What else can you do?

                Most teams don't even have 3 guys. If they could do it, so can we.
                And look at how the defense wore down at the end of the year especially late in games. Canty looked like a pro bowler and by the end of the year he was terrible. Tuck also wore down big time. Part of the problem we've struggled at the end of the year is because our guys wear down because we don't rotate enough because injuries kill us. Now even if we stay healthy these guys will wear down because they're going to have to play extra snaps.

                Whatever though I'm done defending my stance on this. Whatever happens is going to happen and we really need Linval and JPP to step up this year.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  And look at how the defense wore down at the end of the year especially late in games. Canty looked like a pro bowler and by the end of the year he was terrible. Tuck also wore down big time. Part of the problem we've struggled at the end of the year is because our guys wear down because we don't rotate enough because injuries kill us. Now even if we stay healthy these guys will wear down because they're going to have to play extra snaps.

                  Whatever though I'm done defending my stance on this. Whatever happens is going to happen and we really need Linval and JPP to step up this year.
                  I'm not happy about it either, I'm just stating what has to happen now that he's pretty much gone.

                  To be honest, if they're getting fatigued, that's their own fault. That tells me they are lacking conditioning. Why can every other team start 2 DEs the whole game and not have them fatigue, but ours can rotate yet still break down?

                  They need to man up and handle their business. Everyone is hurt at the end of the season.

                  Comment


                  • Well I'm sure all teams player wear down as the year goes on but as everyone know we jump out to quick starts every year and then fade as the year goes on. There has to be something to that so my guess is that's probably happening. I really am excited for this year also and am not trying to be a pessimist with the Osi thing but it's just a crappy way to start the year. I know it needs to be done also but it still sucks when one of your favorite players who can help at a premium position is being suck a dick about things. No more Osi talk until something actually happens though.

                    Has anyone been to a practice yet?
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • I wanted to go to today's practice, but I have to stay late at work today. If I get a chance to go to a practice, I'll let everyone know. I wouldn't mind watching with some of you guys.

                      As long as you're not serial killers.

                      Comment


                      • As long as we've all been posting on here I think you could rule that.

                        Unless someone is posting from prison. Scotty possibly is from stalking Rutgers players but definitely not a serial killer.

                        I might want to take a trip there Saturday or Sunday this weekend.
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • I'm jealous. The Ravens practices aren't always open to the public this summer but I know this Saturday they are because it will be at M&T. If they do that next Saturday I might walk down and watch just to see some football.

                          Comment


                          • Hey Jug, I thought you were in Central Jersey? I take it you must have moved bc of work?

                            You don't have to answer, I was just curious.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Hey Jug, I thought you were in Central Jersey? I take it you must have moved bc of work?

                              You don't have to answer, I was just curious.
                              I moved for a female.

                              I'm less than a mile walk from M&T Stadium. I will say one thing, people down here care more about their Ravens than people care about the Giants and Jets combined. But they don't have everything else (Mainly the Yankees and Mets) that NY/NJ have.

                              Comment


                              • The NY/NJ area has too many sports teams, that's why. There's something for everybody here.

                                Congrats btw.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information