This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I will admit I 100% overlooked the fact that JPP was a known hard worker who had the desire and motor to improve his game. Even though he was as raw as he was I should have known better because of those traits. I wasn't wrong on Morgan though either who was doing a very good job with the Titans last year before he was injured.
    Morgan's good, but I still wouldn't give up the special talent we have in JPP for Morgan. JPP could be the best in the league, with his length, strength athleticism and flexibility the kid can become as good as they get if he keeps working on his game the way he is.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• JPP also could have looked so bad we'd be shopping for another DE already. It's a classic risk/reward situation. Since I felt going into last year the Giants were close to winning it all I wanted the safer bet who also did have some upside even though it's not near JPP.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I hated Graham and I still do!

SPLOOSH

Comment

• All 25 Eli Manning Interceptions
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUsUoMIHZc

Someone on BBI posted this.. I count 7-9 on WRs, the rest on Eli.

Comment

• Giants sign K Rhys Lloyd

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud
              Well the OL is a lot less ****** for us this year.
              This this and more this. Plus, bradshaw was hurt in the 2nd game
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi
                Eagles RT Ryan Harris will have to undergo surgery on his back and is likely out for the season. With Winston Justice still sidelined while rehabbing his knee the Eagles have moved Herremans to RT. Evan Mathis will fill in at LG in the meantime. That means our interior o-line currently looks like Mathis-Kelce-Watkins :/ I really didn't like the idea of starting two rookies and now with Harris going down the situation has gotten even worse. Vick got hit nearly ten times in the first half of last weeks preseason game against the Browns...this could get ugly.

Ps I hope you don't mind me posting here from time to time but in case you haven't noticed the Eagles board is pretty much dead.
                You're always allowed Todd! We love you! Or at least I do.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                  This this and more this. Plus, bradshaw was hurt in the 2nd game
                  We're better at LT and C, Diehl will move to a position he's better at and am I making this up or was Snee banged up last year? I'm excited to see our OL for the first time in a couple seasons and I think they're just going to get better and better. Beatty-Petrus-Baas-Snee-Brewer moving forward is a talented crew and we've still got Koets, Diehl, McKenzie and the guy who I'm forgetting, for the meanwhile...Boothe, was who I was forgetting...The OL should be one of our strengths this season and should only get better moving forward.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I really like our O-Line depth too. Boothe, Petrus, Koets in the future, and potentially Brewer developing down the line.
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I was at the game last night and Manningham ran the wrong choice route about 4 or 5 times last night. He's a good explosive player but he will never take the next step in our offense.

Linval is going to beast this year. He's great at the point of attack and holds his ground very well.

Webster didn't play very good yesterday in a few man situations. I'm not concerned about him but just something I wanted to note.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Well, at least we didn't win that horrible snoopy trophy.

Couple of things i noticed yesterday that scares me before the regular season:

-Eli really misses Boss and Smith. Theres no way to get around it now. I think this is going to be a big problem, at least early on in the season, before someone steps up in the slot and/or at TE. He has no security blanket recievers he trusts against blitzing defenses anymore. Smith and Boss would be 1 and 2 options when the ball had to come out quickly. Now it seems like he doesn't want to throw to Beckum unless he absolutely has to, and Cruz seems like a non-factor in the slot.

-Our running game looks very good. On the bright side, both Jacobs and Bradshaw has looked very good this preseason. Even DJ Ware looked good in spurts yesterday IMO. I'm not familiar enough with the complexities of O-line blocking to be certain that they should be credited with all of this, but to my untrained eyes they sure look better both in run and pass blocking this year.

-Jerrel Jernigan is not ready for NFL duty. not even as a punt returner. three(!) muffed punts and a fumble!? Really? this is the guy we drafted to fix our return woes? He better step up his game quickly. I mean, I know he is a rookie and all that, and of course we are going to give him time to acclimate to the NFL, but the early returns(no pun intended) does not look good.

-Our defense still looks good/great. apart from the touchdown drive(thanks in large part to horrible ST, more on that later), the defense was very stout in my estimation. the coverage seemed good, and forced Sanchez to hold on to the ball longer than he wanted on multiple pass attempts. It also looked like we did a good job against the run for the most part. I'm encouraged by what i saw from our D last night. Oh, and Justin Tuck is playing like a posessed man this preseason. He looks like he's in for a beastly season!

-Special teams sucked worse than ever. I've already mentioned Jernigan. Devin Thomas also muffed a kick return and it bounced out at the 4-yd line, completely destroying our chances in the two-minute drill before halftime. The Jets' starters only TD came from a 70 yd kick return where Cromartie wasn't even touched after initially muffing the kick. Everybody was just blocked out of the play, it's not like there was tons of missed tackling or anything. That's inexcusable. The punting was good from both Dodge and Weatherford though(Dodge had a somewhat poor punt for a touchback, but the snap on that one was horrible, so he did a decent job just to get it off IMO).

One thing I want to ask you guys about is what you think is the reason for those horrible delay of game penalties. we seem to get them against us a couple of times every season when Eli tries to audible at the line. We got one last night and it pisses me off when this happens. Is it on Eli? Does he try to do too much before the snap/forget to check the play clock. Is it on Gilbride? i know he has a tendency to get in plays late to Eli? or is it that the audibles are too long to reiterate in a short amount of time, because of the complexities of our offense?

It seems like something that should be easily correctable, yet it happens season after season. I'm getting more and more frustrated by it.
                        Last edited by BigBlueNorwegian; 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Originally posted by Forenci
                        JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

Comment

• I think Hixon will be doing all return duties in the regular season. No reason to get him hurt out there doing it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            I think Hixon will be doing all return duties in the regular season. No reason to get him hurt out there doing it now.
                            Let's hope so. Jernigan is not ready. BTW, it didn't look like Hixon got one snap with the starters yesterday. I guess that means we are going to roll with Nicks,Mario and Cruz as our 1,2 and 3 recievers this year. Not sure about that, I would have liked to see Hixon instead of Cruz.

Comment

• I don't think we have that many delay of game calls throughout the season. Eli does do a lot at the line but I never looked at it as a problem.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                I don't think we have that many delay of game calls throughout the season. Eli does do a lot at the line but I never looked at it as a problem.
                                Yeah, maybe i'm just too caught up in this, but it seems like an easily correctable thing. And to have it happen on fourth down, like it did yesterday, it just spells out SLOPPY. but I agree, it doesn't happen that often. It just pisses me off when it does happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information