This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    I just really didn't like JPP at all. Like I said I should have known better though because his work ethic and motor were always considered his best tools coming into the draft and we are obviously great at teaching the rest.
    Why? He was a classic boom or bust pick. And on top of that he had very little football experience since he started late. He was just still learning. It's not a far fetched idea to think this was a terrible pick at the time. Plus it was DE, yet again!

Comment

I just really didn't like JPP at all. Like I said I should have known better though because his work ethic and motor were always considered his best tools coming into the draft and we are obviously great at teaching the rest.
      I didn't like it either. But I really didn't like Graham. Especially for us. But he's not the type of DE we'd ever take anyway.

Comment

• I didn't mind us picking DE at all. I wanted Morgan at the time.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I wanted Spiller.. Then he and McClain were gone back to back. So then perhaps a WR like Bryant. DE was the last position. BPA would suggest Bryant. But apparently JPP was high on our draft board. I remember reading 7th on our board.

Comment

• Originally posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
            Why? He was a classic boom or bust pick. And on top of that he had very little football experience since he started late. He was just still learning. It's not a far fetched idea to think this was a terrible pick at the time. Plus it was DE, yet again!
            There were some signs that we could have looked at it as a positive pick though. The Giants know what they're doing when they draft a DE as the #1 reason. His work ethic, motor, and unbelievable tools as the others. I've never seen anyone with arms like his. The downside was he was extremely raw and at the time I definitely chose to harp on that more. Credit to BBD, Rosebud, and Forenci for thinking otherwise.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We would never take Bryant. That was a dream. I wanted Bulaga.

Comment

• I remember I was riding on the Sean Weatherspoon bandwagon, well Reese once again proved to me, at least in terms of the draft, in him I trust.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  We would never take Bryant. That was a dream. I wanted Bulaga.
                  Yeah I know. But he was BPA though, so maybe we might have. At least there was a small hope that something like that would happen once Spiller left. But once I saw JPP's face light up, I was sooo mad! That's usually before the pick when the team calls the player.

Comment

• I wanted Weatherspoon. He's been doing pretty well in Atlanta I think, but I'm a-ok with JPP
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Zach Berman tweet about Cruz:

Interestingly, Gilbride believes Cruz is better long-term as a slot WR than on outside. Does well now b/c outside is easier to learn
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Zach Berman tweet about Cruz:
                        Hopefully he just means in the future he will be our slot guy, but not now. I'm fine with him moving there when he gets more experience and knows the system more.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• That makes sense. Now it's up to Cruz.

Comment

• I was thinking, I don't see us cleaning house this year if we miss the playoffs. Coughlin is a good coach and if this team was at full strength we would be in the playoffs easy. I do however think that Perry and/or Gillbride will get head coaching jobs. If we do lose Perry I would love to bring in the current Florida Gators HC/Texas Longhorns DC Will Muschamp or if a guy like Frazier(Minnesota's HC) loses his job, bring him in as our DC. If we lose Gillbride I would want Haley or a run heavy coach. What are you're guys thoughts?

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Muschamp isn't leaving Florida after 1 year to become a coordinator.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Muschamp is actually perfect for our defense. He's such a perfect fit. But there's basically a 0% chance he leaves Florida to become a NFL DC.

Cruz...I see where Gilbride is coming from. Bc of his size, Cruz will eventually become a more dangerous slot WR than an outside guy bc that height restricts what he can do on the outside.

But at the same time, I hope that doesn't mean Gilbride will forcefeed him inside. Let him play on the outside, and as he grows and gains experience, let him work the inside when he's more comfortable. He's clearly not comfortable right now inside. So let him develop outside first.

And it's not like small guys can't thrive on the outside. Look at the original Steve Smith. That guy does just fine on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information