New York Yankees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
    As long was we can get him out of the game by the 6th inning, we'll be good. That's why I love Abreu, Giambi, Damon, and Jeter -- they take so many pitchers per at bat = early exit for the SP.
    Melky does the same as well, when he gets to play. Abreu sees the most pitches in the majors I think. And he is a walking machine. This team is built more like the Yankees of the late 90's. Batters will see a lot of pitches and take the walk. Then the Yanks can beat on the bullpens. Anyway, Im out. I gotta leave now to make sure I get a spot at the bar for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      Why is that again. Cause his father grew up in Mass? I know he was born in Georgia and raised in Cali so it is peculiar he grew up a Sox fan.
      No idea, just going off the stories I've read.

Didn't take long for ARod to get booed.

Comment

Is there any chance this thread can be moved elsewhere? I mean, after all, not all Giants fans are inherently Yankees fans, nor are all Yankees fans inherently Giants fans.

Not to mention this is the Giants Team Forum, and I'm not quite sure why baseball would be thrown into the fray with football.

Sorry if I sound like I'm whining and complaining about this, just seems like it'd be better suited in perhaps a whole new thread like, "Other Sports" or something.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Actually if any team would be associated with the Giants it would be the Yankees. Steinbrenner has always had a long relationship with the Mara family.

Comment

Classic Yankees today. Making Kazmir work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              Actually if any team would be associated with the Giants it would be the Yankees. Steinbrenner has always had a long relationship with the Mara family.
              Indeed. However, what I meant to say was, there may be people who dislike the Yankees or Mets for that matter (I don't happen to be one of them), who'd rather see it on another forum rather than the Giants Team Board.

It just seems odd to have people talking about the Yankees and Mets on an inherently football site, not to mention a place designated solely for New York Giants discussion. Thought it was the point of making this Team Discussion area.

Of course, I may be wrong. It's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                Indeed. However, what I meant to say was, there may be people who dislike the Yankees or Mets for that matter (I don't happen to be one of them), who'd rather see it on another forum rather than the Giants Team Board.

It just seems odd to have people talking about the Yankees and Mets on an inherently football site, not to mention a place designated solely for New York Giants discussion. Thought it was the point of making this Team Discussion area.

Of course, I may be wrong. It's just my opinion.
                Well this seems to the course the site was taking. Brewers thread in Green Bay forum, Sox in Patriots forum, etc. It is better than having them in the off topic section.

Comment

Aye, I agree with that, and I guess with out a whole new "Other Sports" area, it somewhat narrows it down to this or the Off-Topic section.

However, the Mets forum should be allowed even though I'm not really a Mets fan. I would much rather jump off the Brooklyn Bridge than go into the Jets forums to say anything about the mets as a Giants fan.

Comment

The idea of "Other Sports" forum is a very good one. Unfortunately, it's unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                      The idea of "Other Sports" forum is a very good one. Unfortunately, it's unlikely.
                      I agree. I wouldn't mind that. It's annoying to have one giant NHL discussion with many topics being discussed randomly within.

Comment

Why did Damon come out? Don't tell me he is hurt already.

Comment

How bad did Arod get booed???

I dont get YES at school and they blacked out ESPN which sucks

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                            How bad did Arod get booed???

I dont get YES at school and they blacked out ESPN which sucks
                            He got cheered loudly before the game. After the Error and SO, not so much.

Comment

They said something about strained calves. Didn't sound serious though.

Jeter with the bases loaded...

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
                                They said something about strained calves. Didn't sound serious though.

Jeter with the bases loaded...
                                And he gets a 2 run single.

C'mon Bobby.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information