Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Mets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think Delgado is done as a major threat in MLB. I don't think he'll ever hit above .260 the rest of his career even though he will show some power in spurts. I usually don't jump to conclusions like this but I'm almost certain at this point Delgado is done as a major hitter in a lineup.
    #Chop


    sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I think Delgado is done as a major threat in MLB. I don't think he'll ever hit above .260 the rest of his career even though he will show some power in spurts. I usually don't jump to conclusions like this but I'm almost certain at this point Delgado is done as a major hitter in a lineup.
      Wow. Maybe its because I haven't seen many games this year but I could have sworn sports writers were saying he was doing well and carrying the team earlier in the year

      Comment


      • Do the Mets have anyone in the farm capable of taking over for Delgado, in the near future?

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          Wow. Maybe its because I haven't seen many games this year but I could have sworn sports writers were saying he was doing well and carrying the team earlier in the year
          He carried us in maybe one or two games this year and nothing else.
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Do the Mets have anyone in the farm capable of taking over for Delgado, in the near future?
            We don't have anyone with the upside of a Delgado in his prime but we have Mike Carp in AA who as of now is by far our best 1B prospect. He's a Lefty who had some nice years at the lower levels so far. He's not doing as well in Binghamton right now but still posting o.k. numbers for the league. Also, with all our OF prospects we can see Fernando Martinez at 1B possibly. There are debates between scouts how good he is defensively in the OF so he might be a possiblity at 1B even though he would be a darkhorse. The last guy I would say is Nick Evans. He's at St. Lucie right now but he has some major power numbers. He's a former 3B that was converted to 1B. He would be in the top 10 in slugging in the FSL if he wasn't hurt earlier in the year. Besides them 3 there are not any major prospects that are project at first.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • This is torture.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Do the Mets have anyone in the farm capable of taking over for Delgado, in the near future?

                It's looking like Fernando Martinez will take his place. Maybe with a 1 year vet in between.

                Comment


                • I dont even like the Mets but, as a Braves fan, trust me, I feel your pain...(for the record, you guys are pretty cool for a bunch of Mets fans...haha)
                  Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 06-14-2007, 12:25 PM.

                  Thanks BoneKrusher^

                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    I dont even like the Mets but, as a Braves fan trust me, I feel your pain...(for the record, you guys are pretty cool for a bunch of Mets fans...haha)
                    Thanks, I think. You're cool too for a Braves fan.

                    Did I just use "cool" and "Braves" in the same sentence????

                    I'm losing it. :)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                      Thanks, I think. You're cool too for a Braves fan.

                      Did I just use "cool" and "Braves" in the same sentence????

                      I'm losing it. :)
                      That's how you know we're in a losing streak.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • What is it now? 8 losses in the last 9 games?
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

                        Jets will not take McFadden...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                          What is it now? 8 losses in the last 9 games?
                          5 in a row and 9 out of our last 10.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • it ends now. im calling it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ncstateviking View Post
                              it ends now. im calling it.
                              I hope so.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                                I hope so.
                                I doubt it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information