Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G-Men call about Kris Jenkins, still interested in Al Wilson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G-Men call about Kris Jenkins, still interested in Al Wilson

    from MVN. http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/


    Basically it seems like Reese is willing to deal our 5th-7th round picks in exchange for either of these guys.


    I would like it either way, especially nabbing Jenkins. I would like Al Wilson, providing it doesnt effect our draft plans at all. I would still want to grab a LB in Round 1.


    Thoughts?

  • #2
    If we grab Wilson (which I am for if its for a conditional pick next year) then we likely have Pierce-Wilson-Mitchell as our starters (Pierce WLB, Wilson MLB, Mitchell SLB) thats 3 mikes on the field, does our coverage suffer? If this happens, it makes safety more of a need.

    Comment


    • #3
      Reese is seeing if he can get any of these guys for cheap. I think its pretty clear that we will not give up a day 1 pick for any of these guys, as Reese has been holding those for dear life.

      Jenkins or Wilson for a day 2 pick is ok with me. I don't like them as long term solutions, and I would view them strictly as depth purposes, and feel that we should still look at DT and LB in the draft.

      I just dont like aging/injury prone players. We should stay away.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Damix View Post
        If we grab Wilson (which I am for if its for a conditional pick next year) then we likely have Pierce-Wilson-Mitchell as our starters (Pierce WLB, Wilson MLB, Mitchell SLB) thats 3 mikes on the field, does our coverage suffer? If this happens, it makes safety more of a need.
        if we were to get wilson he would be playing wlb not pierce

        Comment


        • #5
          im sorry but even tho he has injury problems, a 5th round pick for jenkins is a total steal. i mean we released our 5th round pick last year in peprah, the guy we choose wouldnt start and would most likely not make a huge impact. I think that would b a great trade

          sig by jkpigskin

          2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

          2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

          Comment


          • #6
            damix- i think if we got wilson, we would fit him in on either side(wherever we feel he would best suit us) and then start Gerris for coverage purposes. Mitchell is also a pretty good cover LB, either would fit in at OLB.

            trading for jenkins for a 5th or 6th would be outstanding, but i dont see it happening. He, cofield and robbins would make a great rotation and robbins, cofield and willy would be great depth at DT if jenkins happened to go down.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hm, no Wilson would play Mike, while Pierce moves to the weakside, just like every writer wrote during the trade talks.

              Comment


              • #8
                true, true, my bad damix. it's been a while since the whole wilson thing. I'd rather jenkins over wilson right now. We need to keep pierce at mike and build with young talent next to him.
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                Comment


                • #9
                  For two years Kris Jenkins was the best DT in the NFL. He had that one bad injury and because of it had despression problems I believe because he had to stay home and couldn't play. I would definately take a chance on him with a 4th round pick. He is only 27.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Marshawn Lynch RB California
                    51. New York Giants Marcus McCauley CB Fresno St
                    New York Giants Paul Williams WR Fresno St
                    116. New York Giants Derek Landri DT Notre Dame
                    153. New York Giants Daren Stone S Maine
                    189. New York Giants Clark Harris TE Rutgers
                    224. New York Giants Nick Folk KS Arizona
                    250. New York Giants (compensatory) Jeremy Clark DT Alabama

                    What do people think of this Scout.com mock draft. I think it's a piece of s.. but want to hear your opinions.

                    A side note, apparently we passed on Beason, Timmons, and Nelson to pick Lynch.

                    http://nflexperts.scout.com/3/2007MockDraft.html

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I can't imagine Landri going that high.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i saw this on BBI and my eyes almost started to bleed- especially on who we'd be passing up
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                          Marshawn Lynch RB California
                          51. New York Giants Marcus McCauley CB Fresno St
                          New York Giants Paul Williams WR Fresno St
                          116. New York Giants Derek Landri DT Notre Dame
                          153. New York Giants Daren Stone S Maine
                          189. New York Giants Clark Harris TE Rutgers
                          224. New York Giants Nick Folk KS Arizona
                          250. New York Giants (compensatory) Jeremy Clark DT Alabama

                          What do people think of this Scout.com mock draft. I think it's a piece of s.. but want to hear your opinions.

                          A side note, apparently we passed on Beason, Timmons, and Nelson to pick Lynch.

                          http://nflexperts.scout.com/3/2007MockDraft.html


                          I would definitly pass on Timmons for Lynch. I wouldnt pass on Nelson or Beason though. and i DEFINITLY WOULDNT PASS ON ALAN BRANCH.

                          edit- just noticed this

                          160. Kansas City Quinn Pitcock




                          If Pitcock is available in the 3rd round, we gotta bite. Even in the second I would consider it a bit.
                          Last edited by GiantRutgersFan; 04-10-2007, 02:18 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                            I would definitly pass on Timmons for Lynch. I wouldnt pass on Nelson or Beason though. and i DEFINITLY WOULDNT PASS ON ALAN BRANCH.

                            edit- just noticed this

                            160. Kansas City Quinn Pitcock




                            If Pitcock is available in the 3rd round, we gotta bite. Even in the second I would consider it a bit.
                            I would def NOT pass on timmons for lynch. A HB 1st round, unless its adrian peterson who somehow falls to 20, would b a bad idea. I would not pass on beason either. Pitcock 2nd round is a bad idea. hes very small, short arms and is posied to b a poor nfl pro. 3rd round possibily for the value but 2nd round is a terrible idea.

                            sig by jkpigskin

                            2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                            2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information