Official Training Camp Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Training Camp Thread

This is the official training camp thread. Anything about the training camp over the next couple of months, post in here. Any other threads about what happened in training camp will be locked.

Congratulations! You have found your eigth Scavenger Hunt Ticket!

Below is a clue to finding your next ticket:

"Where can you find talk about Run DMC, a nice peice of ass and a baby horse?"

Last edited by D-Unit; 09-20-2007, 04:25 PM.

I'll start it up with discussing what we were saying in the Giants team discussion, and thats how Ross didn't have a good first day. Im not gonna kill him for it, he has to adjust to rule changes, whereas Smith is doing the same thing he did in college. So I expect an adjustment period for Ross. Now if he's continues with this throughout training camp, then I'll start to worry. But not now.

Comment

agreed BBD. I mean this is a lot for a kid to handle. I mean, the shock that your in the NFL! plus learning new system and playbook, getting on the field for the first time since last college season. He's nervous and competing for a starting job. Give him time.
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Gotta love Kiwi's character, the way he handles himself and his attitude, etc. These are the type of guys I like to root for. I think he'll pick it up quickly, and there won't be as many growing pains compared to other guys. Kiwi is a smart guy, a BC guy, so I think the fruits of the transition will be seen by week 8 of the regular season.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xRo1PGqjl0k

Comment

Those are snappy sunglasses and polo he is sporting there in that video.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Those are snappy sunglasses and polo he is sporting there in that video.
            Its not uncommon to see me with that kind of polo and slacks on. Kiwi has good taste.

Preppies > 85 Bears

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Its not uncommon to see me with that kind of polo and slacks on. Kiwi has good taste.

Preppies > 85 Bears
              Tom Coughlin's hat from that same golf event >>> 85 Bears and Preppies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                Tom Coughlin's hat from that same golf event >>> 85 Bears and Preppies.
                Dare I say his hat is > 86 Giants?

*thinks*

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Dare I say his hat is > 86 Giants?

*thinks*
                  I'd say the combination of that hat and Parcell's Polo covering his man tits > 86 Giants.

Now that I have brought this completely off topic.

But either way I'm real exicted about Steve Smith. I think he is gonna be our #3 right from the get go with possibly being our #2 by the end of the season. Moss might only have to come in on special sets now.

Comment

I think he'll be our 3, and unless Toomer goes down, will stay there. Sinorice...I dont know where he fits now. For the time being, one of the 2 will get the short end of the stick if Toomer stays healthy. Im guessing it will be Sinorice. Coughlin sounded very pleased with Smith so far.

Comment

I was always on high and Smith and was calling for the Giants to take him a while back now. With that being said Moss kind of grew on me a little when I actually saw him play. He is just so much faster than everyone on the field that he could be very good if we utilize him the right away. Our WR set has a chance to be one of the best in the NFL. We have our burner, posession guy, do it all guy, and a go up and catch it guy. We have all the bases covered for Eli the coaching staff needs to get it together and use these guys the right away. I'm not even including Shockey in that discussion or a screen to Jacobs where we can rumble over people. There are many options so I hope Coughlin and Co. get creative.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think a rotation between Sinorice and Smith is ideal to start the season. See which one plays the slot better, and which one Eli is more comfortable throwing to.

Sinorice should see more snaps on the vertical routes, and smith more on the underneath. Although that could start becoming predictable...

I really don't know how its gonna work out right now. I foresee one of them getting screwed out of playing time, which seems like the more likely scenario. Its gonna be difficult to get all of them on the field at once, especially with our potential LT issues, empty sets aren't ideal, and 4 WR sets aren't standard either.

Comment

Either way most say WRs don't break out until their third year. Which would be next season for Moss. And if I had to guess now, I would say Toomer won't be a Giant in 2008.

Comment

Oh I agree. The pick was more of a long term investment. Im just trying to figure out whats the best way to utilize all of them for this upcoming season.

Im hoping Sinorice can pack on more weight. He's too frail right now. I would like him to be a #2 in the future like Santana if possible. This kid was a 2nd round draft pick. A pick that we traded 2 2nd round picks to move up for. It would be a shame if we invested that much into a guy who is just a slot receiver his whole career.

Comment

I think he can develop into a #2 but as you said he def. needs to add some more muscle. I think Smith is one of those rookies who can come in and produce right away so I'm not worried about the 3 year syndrome with him.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information