No announcement yet.

Official Training Camp Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To honest, I'm not worried if Ross had some trouble in his mini-camp, because honestly, I think CB is one of the hardest posistions to transistion to in the NFL. Very rarely will you ever see a rookie cornerback do well in mini-camps, it's generally you want to see good improvement during the actual Training Camp in a month or so.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      couldnt agree more. Plus, its not like he was high pick/well known college kicker. Not many people now much about him at all
      im worried too but i do not understand why we are not going out and gettin a vet FA kicker? keep huston and a vet and whoever plays better in camp/preseason gets the job. guys like john carney, vanderjact, etc are FA who i would give a look.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
        im worried too but i do not understand why we are not going out and gettin a vet FA kicker? keep huston and a vet and whoever plays better in camp/preseason gets the job. guys like john carney, vanderjact, etc are FA who i would give a look.

why would go sign a guy like john vanderjagt or carney when you just traded for lawrence tynes about 2 days ago

edit i didnt realize your post was old
        Last edited by LTgiants; 05-25-2007, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
          why would go sign a guy like john vanderjagt or carney when you just traded for lawrence tynes about 2 days ago

edit i didnt realize your post was old
          There's a new LT in town.

Comment

Wilson has been moved to Free Safety while Butler is playing with the first team as the strong safety, kind of a weird set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
              Wilson has been moved to Free Safety while Butler is playing with the first team as the strong safety, kind of a weird set up.
              Wilson is not a FS by any means. I think theyre just rewarding Butler for having a good offseason and sending a message to Demps that he needs to pick it up if he wants to stay in the starting lineup. Its more of a coaching ploy than a legitimate starting rotation.

I think it will be an open race at both safety positions. Im curious to see our rook too, and see what he can do. Butler is the only pure FS Ive seen in our lineup, we'll see what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Wilson is not a FS by any means. I think theyre just rewarding Butler for having a good offseason and sending a message to Demps that he needs to pick it up if he wants to stay in the starting lineup. Its more of a coaching ploy than a legitimate starting rotation.

I think it will be an open race at both safety positions. Im curious to see our rook too, and see what he can do. Butler is the only pure FS Ive seen in our lineup, we'll see what he can do.

That why I feel its so weird, Butler could of competed to take Demps position last year if he was healthy at the start of training camp, but wasn't and was the back up FS all year, now that they are demoting Demps why is Butler being inserted into the lineup as a SS?

This is all per giants.com btw.

Comment

kiwi is struggling in coverage, but that is expected and should improve quickly. Bradshaw is looking very shifty and elusive, all 3 TE's showed great receiving skills(we knew shockey could but still...) Osi looked fired up and ready to be a leader with his play and even his words. Jared Lornezen looked GREAT and i feel Tim will be cut leaving Wright and Hefty Lefty as the 2 backup QB's
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Shameless plug, but everything you need to know about today...

http://www.ny-footballgiants.com/news/

And that'll be a daily

Comment

What's the deal with the Strahan holdout? Is it about retiring or getting more money?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

I honestly believe that he just wants to miss parts of training camp. He does want more money as well. He figures if he pulls this retiring to try and get more $ and miss some camp. I believe he'll show up in about a week, and will play. I still have faith in him, like him alot and know the Giants need him. Many other fans(on the Giants main forum site) believe he's just an @$$ and we dont need him and will be better off with out him, but they're wrong.
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Anyone else just extatic with the potential of our offense? I think that Jacobs could easily turn out to be a annual probowl candidate with Bradshaw as a good COP guy. I think they're great compliments. And the passing game has me excited as well, once Diehl or Whimper establish themselves as the guy at LT and Eli can develop confidence in his blockers I think we'll see him hit a new level with 7 legit quality receiving targets, Shockey, Plax, Toomer, Smith, Moss, Boss and Tyree (a guy who really does the little things despite lacking the pure tools to be a game changer)

Comment

this is what i love to see. the trainers and assitant coaches are wearing them. also Jesse Armstead is all around camp evaluating and giving advice, I'd love to see him be a future LB coach or possibly DC in the future
                            We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Armstead is going to make a great coach very soon. I bet by next year he'll be an assistant somewhere.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

So I guess that Osi and blitzing LBs are having field days with our o-line. I really hope this is not a sign of things to come...

Originally posted by Halsey
                                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information