No announcement yet.

Vilma out for the season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've seen it posted also that he is done for the season with a knee injury. This is the first i've heard about the Mangini thing, but if it's true i will be angered beyond belief. i'm going to hold judgement right now, but the simple fact regardless is that Mangini needs to get his head out of his ass and do some decent coaching. Stop being a dick and go to what your strengths are. Sick of it!!

How big is Mangini's ego?? anyone?

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

if vilma is out with injury

the jets will have to move hobson[where he really belongs] inside.paired with harris.the outside linebackers would be thomas and barton.I think that that lineup would succeed without losing a beat.bench robertson and sign grady jackson.he would be a big plus over robertson at nose tackle.next years draft would be a different story.the jets should draft shawn crable o.l.b in the second round to replace barton.

Comment

Not sure about Grady Jackson because he is old and out of shape, but that is actually exactly, EXACTLY what I want to do with the linebackers if Vilma is seriously injured or we get rid of him for some reason.

Comment

that is absolutely what i have wanted to do with him for a while, as im sure i think a lot of people on here have mentioned. I honestly would love to see vilma try his hand as a SS but that could just be me. I know grady jackson is outta shape and reknown for being lazy, but he could be a good stop gap for atleast this year and maybe next. With pouha as a backup who has somewhat impressed a few times this year, i mean he couldn't do much worse than drob, that would allow us to trade Drob and wait until Raji comes out the following year or someone else. Time will tell what happens, but this could let us see a lot more of harris than we previously would have, as well as maybe let the staff know that hobson is better inside than out.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

This story is very real... I haven't heard the radio reports that he is out for the season just that season ending surgury may be an option. I don't know why people are so upset about this...I love Vilma, but really this is the best scenario for his mismatch with our defense. BC he's injured we now have a reason to trade him other than he doesnt fit...now mangini and can remain stubborn as opposed to tweaking the defense to suit a player who does not fit at all. I think there are a handful of teams who need ILBs who would say: Rookie or 25 year old who is a proven beast in 4-3 coming off of knee surgury? (which is becomming more and more routine...people have some surguries and come back a few weeks later) I'll go Vilma. So I could see a buyer in the 1st round but at the very least the Jets may be able to get a high 2nd rounder.

Also, I've started developing a enmity toward Vilma bc he goes on radio shows and talks about the superbowl and probowl about his under armor commercials and until kerry rhodes started coming up he was the most hollywood on our team and still is the most boisterous about it. I don't like guys who aren't team players and I know vilma is a good team player and leader on the field but in the offseason he is one of the many NFL players who goes to miami to train as opposed to training with the team something Ive never been a fan of. I like Vilmas playmaking and ability to make up for his size in the 43 with speed instincts and power but hes no longer our guy. He's gone and now the Jets may be able to settle for a sstop gap measure such as Grady Jackson and backup Pouha while trading Drob to a team needing a one gap DT in a 43 until Raji comes out bc with bigger LBs the defense will work more efficiently. For those who talk about Jacksons age and laziness i point to keith traylor whos like 94 years old and would be more effective in our system now at the tail end of his career than D-Rob would be even on pass rushing downs. (exagerrated but true in essence) I would welcome those moves offseason trades of DRob Vilma and a signing of Grady Jackson bc of the lack of a true quality NT in the draft.

VILMA AS A JET-RIP Ill be routing for whoever you play with unless its the patriots
            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

Sadly, our defense is about to get much much better. I've always been a huge fan of Vilma, but unfortunately he is rendered absolutely useless in this system. i think our defense will improve drastically with free agency and the draft.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about. Vilma has been playing very well for someone with a guard on him 50% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
                  What the hell are you talking about. Vilma has been playing very well for someone with a guard on him 50% of the time.
                  Vilma has had a guard on him more than 50 percent of the time. And that right there is the exact problem he can neither shed or avoid blocks and thus he is useless in this system..

Comment

Originally posted by genom View Post
                    Vilma has had a guard on him more than 50 percent of the time. And that right there is the exact problem he can neither shed or avoid blocks and thus he is useless in this system..
                    The goal of the system isn't to have a guard on a ILB... the goal of the system is to have a huge NT and two big DE's who could normally take up double teams.

Vilma has still played bloody brilliant in coverage, and made some amazing tackles and plays. We're definitely not going to be any better on defense because we've lost him.

Comment

You're right he has done well in coverage, but his tackling has at times been horrendous this year. I can recall several instances of him getting completely faked out by running backs. Getting run over by Brandon Jacobs also comes to mind. This is not the same Jonathon Vilma, at least not in this system

Comment

Do me a favor and go back and look at last weeks game, or the week prior. Now watch Vilma take on a fullback or a guard, and watch him get blown back by 5 yards EVERY time. Now watch Harris take on a fullback or a guard, he stands his ground and allows others to come up and make the hit. Or he disengages quick and helps out on the tackle. It is clear as day, watch the tape. Harris is much stronger than Vilma, and Vilma is clearly playing hesitant this year.

Comment

Genom is right...Vilma is not playing well in our system...And I would argue you need a NT and Vilma would be just as good but considering Grady Jackson is our stop gap measure for another year it would be a wast eof Vilmas talrnt why not get a pick for him before he can become a FA and leave bc he hates the 34 without a NT and big Ends to defend him.

Toast: Vilma has not been bloody brilliant hes just been bloddy (or bloodied) he gets pushed back and dominated every game. He needs to be moved bc we dont have and will not have the nT needed for him to be effective for prob 2 years. I would love to keep him if we were committed to running a 43 but were not
                          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

no star MLB like vilma likes the 3-4 and i do feel like that could be one of the main reasons he may leave once his contract is up

Comment

Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                              Genom is right...Vilma is not playing well in our system...And I would argue you need a NT and Vilma would be just as good but considering Grady Jackson is our stop gap measure for another year it would be a wast eof Vilmas talrnt why not get a pick for him before he can become a FA and leave bc he hates the 34 without a NT and big Ends to defend him.

Toast: Vilma has not been bloody brilliant hes just been bloddy (or bloodied) he gets pushed back and dominated every game. He needs to be moved bc we dont have and will not have the nT needed for him to be effective for prob 2 years. I would love to keep him if we were committed to running a 43 but were not
                              Wow. Well, we'll see in the coming weeks how well whoever plays ILB in his place does, and we'll see who is right.

Comment

its not secret that vilma isn't meant for this scheme, but the same could be said about multiple other players on the D. Hey, maybe thats why our D sux. Tell Mangini to wake the F up

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information