Trading up...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading up...

I was curious to know if the trade talks have died off or if we are working under the table...If anyone can fill me in on the possibilities for us that would be great.....

Via BoneKrusher

I haven't heard anything really at all. I don't see us trading up. The Jets would have been better suited to trade up before the Thomas Jones trade if they planned on doing it.

Comment

I could see us trading up, especially if Alan Branch falls past 11. We have 3 picks in round 1-2 and have filled our biggest need which was RB and resigned a starting RT. At this point our 2 biggest needs are CB and 3-4 DL. If the right guy is thee, why not trade up? We know Bradway will trade up and he is stll part of the front office. If Tangini is truly doing the NE plan then they won't trade up and might take the best available player. This would be interesting because the best/avail at 25 will probably be an OL.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny4 View Post
        I could see us trading up, especially if Alan Branch falls past 11. We have 3 picks in round 1-2 and have filled our biggest need which was RB and resigned a starting RT. At this point our 2 biggest needs are CB and 3-4 DL. If the right guy is thee, why not trade up? We know Bradway will trade up and he is stll part of the front office. If Tangini is truly doing the NE plan then they won't trade up and might take the best available player. This would be interesting because the best/avail at 25 will probably be an OL.
        as much as i agree that there could be some very talented oline players there, i still would much rather have revis if he is available...becuase i think 25 is a bit too high for blalock considering we could get manny ramirez with our 3rd or 2nd 2nd..not the overall athlete blalock or sears is but hes one strong mother and the run blocker we could use..thus i think the difference between revis and a low second round CB is much greater than blalock to ramirez

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
          as much as i agree that there could be some very talented oline players there, i still would much rather have revis if he is available...becuase i think 25 is a bit too high for blalock considering we could get manny ramirez with our 3rd or 2nd 2nd..not the overall athlete blalock or sears is but hes one strong mother and the run blocker we could use..thus i think the difference between revis and a low second round CB is much greater than blalock to ramirez
          Agreed, very well said.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

Could Alan Branch play NT? Or a 3-4 DE?

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
              Could Alan Branch play NT? Or a 3-4 DE?
              He's too tall to play NT. He'd make a very nice 3-4 DE across from Ellis though. That tandem just might match the Pats (well, almost).

Comment

After Branch's Pro Day it seems like he is out of shape and lazy. He's a talented guy but I think he's going to flop in the NFL. I want no part of him.

Comment

I'd rather trade up for the monster Patrick Willis. 6'1 247 and a sub 4.3 40!

Comment

I definitely do not want to trade up for Willis. One, his stock is going to be higher than it should be, because although he is the best LB in the draft I don't think he plays that fast on the field. Secondly, we really can't afford to trade up anyway, I think we need picks to address a few different areas. Thirdly, he's basically a Vilma clone, if we were going to draft an ILB for our defense we'd need more of a run thumper like David Harris.

Comment

Just FYI it wasn't sub 4.3, it was a sub 4.4. Sub 4.3 would be ridiculous, nobody has gone sub 4.3 this year that I know of so for a LB to do it would be absolutely insane.

Comment

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                        Just FYI it wasn't sub 4.3, it was a sub 4.4. Sub 4.3 would be ridiculous, nobody has gone sub 4.3 this year that I know of so for a LB to do it would be absolutely insane.
                        I meant sub 4.4. Sorry. Anyway, I don't want to trade up for him, but I'm saying at rather trade up to 15 or so for Willis than 11 or so for Branch.

Comment

Willis was overpowered by Tony Hunt multiple times in the Senior Bowl.

That told me all I needed to know about Willis.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                            He's too tall to play NT. He'd make a very nice 3-4 DE across from Ellis though. That tandem just might match the Pats (well, almost).
                            Jamal Williams is 6'3.
                            Ted Washington is 6'5.

Haloti Ngata is 6'4 and while he was not the NT, he was essentially doing the job of one from what I understand.

Comment

Alan Branch is 6'6.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information