Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i feel that we are drafting our own CB rather than keep getting NE's hand me downs...if a rookie gets burned a few times this year, i could live with that..if G A Y or samuel get burned, or worse injured for a long duration, than we will be kicking ourselves in the rear all season...and you know, through jets history, that the person we dont draft that goes to NE, will probably burn us all year with big plays..
    "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• I wouldn't be too disappointed with signing Andrews if he'd start at RT because we were probably going to go after a first day tackle anyway, although I'd rather draft a guy. But a second rounder for G ay is too much IMO.

Comment

• Do you guys think you'll pursue signing Stacy Andrews OT from Cinti? He is a fine developemental player with the Bengals who may challenge for the starting spot this year or if not, a valuable backup but if you offer him starting money to fill a spot on your O-line, I think we'll take your 2nd rd choice and move on because we can't afford to pay him starters money at this time.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if we did sign him to an offer sheet, and I'd be shocked if the Bengals matched. It wouldn't make sense, and a second rounder for Andrews would be great for Cincy, especially without the third rounder. I'd say maybe 50/50 on signing him to an offer sheet, and it could work out fairly well for both sides.

Comment

• I don't think most Bengal fans want to see it happen as we see the guy as a real stud in another year or so but it would likely turn out well for both of us.

Comment

• I guess at this point in time he's really not key for you guys though. You're set at LT and another spot (wherever Whitworth plays), don't know how you feel about center but you've got a couple of talented young guys there, you're set on the right side with big Willie for awhile, and Bobbie Williams is perfectly fine for now, so he's really more for the future. Plus it's not like you invested a ton in him in the first place, he was a mid-late rounder right? So if you think of it that way you're making out fairly well if we sign him.

Comment

• Any of you New Yorkers going to the draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                  Any of you New Yorkers going to the draft?

I'm hoping to.

Comment

• Stacy was a 4th rder for the Bengals and had only started like a couple ballgames in college. We also have Adam Keift from the previous years' draft who they liked alot until he hurt his knee so he'll be back. It 's just with Andrews, it seems as if the Bengals have groomed him from clay into a solid player but now find themselves unable to benefit from it. Of course, a 2nd rd pick is going to ease the pain, especially if used on a contributor to the defense.

Comment

• Unfortunately I won't be going to the draft, I'd rather watch it from the comfort of my own home than deal with traffic getting into the city.

As for the Bengals, if we do sign Andrews and you pick up a second rounder I think you'll end up in good shape both long and short term. Whoever you get will help your defense more short term than Andrews would your offense, and the defense is the problem in Cincy anyway. Plus it's not like you can't find another guy like Andrews somewhere else in the next couple drafts.

Comment

• I actually think Andrews is a pretty rare physical speciman. You don't find too many guys 6'7" 350 that are as quick and agile as he is. I do agree tho that if you guys get him, it's a good deal for both of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickscott View Post
                          I actually think Andrews is a pretty rare physical speciman. You don't find too many guys 6'7" 350 that are as quick and agile as he is. I do agree tho that if you guys get him, it's a good deal for both of us.
                          He's definitely talented, but a mid-round guy with potential to be great and excellent physical tools who is raw isn't too hard to come by. Again, both teams would be in good shape if the deal happens, and that's pretty much all that matters. Do you think he would struggle if asked to start or get significant play time this year?

Comment

• Scott's mock has us taking Greg Olsen, LaMarr Woodley, Daymeion Hughes, and Paul Soliai. I'm not a fan personally, no OL, Olsen is more of a want than a need, Woodley I could go either way on, Hughes is more of a third rounder in my eyes, and we already have a guy like Soliai in Pouha so I don't really get the pick. Thoughts?

Comment

• The last forum mock of the year is going to begin soon but no one has applied for the GM spot for the Jets.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=6114

There is the link for the draft, email an application.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

• I don't like the mock but I am warming up to the idea of Paul Soliai at some point in the draft if nothing else to get a guy ESPN calls "simply massive" and a guy who WILL keep OL off your LBs (they however say Soliai is a later pick than the 3rd more like 5th or 6th).

ALSO, Anyone see Jay Alford as a potential pick at DE I think probably in the 5th. He's from Penn State under Paterno and said to have an very good football IQ, has a good work ethic and is very coachable he's a 6'3'' 293 lb. DT whos strength is his first step so that would make sense at a DE in the 3-4. Since we;ve already picked up so many DEs if we go after another in the draft we might take a flier on a 5th round guy as opposed to a higher round player as we've invested so much in the DE pos. Thoughts?
                                QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information