This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jets future
    i know a lot of these commetators are like using slang terminology, its mad funny, i frogot what game i was watching but the coimmentator was like"he is always ballin on game day"
    says the guy who used the phrase "mad funny"

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick
      Originally posted by jets future
      i know a lot of these commetators are like using slang terminology, its mad funny, i frogot what game i was watching but the coimmentator was like"he is always ballin on game day"
      says the guy who used the phrase "mad funny"
      To use the terminology of our day, you just got served.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222
        Originally posted by josh07039
        Originally posted by derza222
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        I haven't watched a single Jets game but is Kerry Rhodes playing as well as his stats indicate?
        He's better than the stats indicate. I mean it could be argued that he's the best player on our defense, he's played better than anyone else this year by a large margin IMO. I have no idea how he slipped to the 4th round.
        what do u mean by it could be argued. He is without the best player on our D, as much as I love vilma, i have to admit it.

I think he slipped to the 4th, because he was bad in coverage, but don't quote me on that.
        Just trying to be diplomatic. I'm not as blunt as you are Josh.

And I'm pretty sure he slipped to the 4th because of concerns he wasn't physical enough. If I'm right he was a ballhawk in college but started off as a QB so there were questions about tackling and whatnot. He's certainly answered those this year, he gets a ton of tackles and is one of the best blitzing safeties in the league.

By the way, that play where he faked the blitz and dropped into coverage and picked the deep out to Johnson was sick.
        I don't know how to take it, but NFL.com's prospect profile suggests that Rhodes was considered to be "Best when stepping up in the box to make plays on the ball near the line of scrimmage." But also suggests he is athletic enough to provide good coverage and snatch the ball out of the air. So I don't really know what that means in terms of why he fell.

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
          -D'Brick pretty much owned Mario today
          i call bullsh*t on this...

from PFW: "Texans DE Mario Williams squared off with Jets OLT D’Brickashaw Ferguson — two top-five picks last year — and did not record a sack, but he continually ragdolled Ferguson and worked his way into the backfield, leaving Chad Pennington on the ground for an extended stay one time after hitting him hard and landing on top of him."

there was ownage transpiring, you just have it backwards...

Comment

• Originally posted by PYRO
            Originally posted by throwback54milkman
            -D'Brick pretty much owned Mario today
            i call bullsh*t on this...

from PFW: "Texans DE Mario Williams squared off with Jets OLT D’Brickashaw Ferguson — two top-five picks last year — and did not record a sack, but he continually ragdolled Ferguson and worked his way into the backfield, leaving Chad Pennington on the ground for an extended stay one time after hitting him hard and landing on top of him."

there was ownage transpiring, you just have it backwards...
            I wouldn't say Mario owned D'brick- no sacks, one good play where he wasn't even the first one to get to Pennington, and Pennington looked comfortable in the pocket all day. Also Mario wasn't just going against D'brick all day, so maybe we'll compromise and call it a draw- both players will turn out to be studs.

^^Sig From Nvot9
            J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039
              Originally posted by josh07039
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              I haven't watched a single Jets game but is Kerry Rhodes playing as well as his stats indicate?
              He's better than the stats indicate. I mean it could be argued that he's the best player on our defense, he's played better than anyone else this year by a large margin IMO. I have no idea how he slipped to the 4th round.
              what do u mean by it could be argued. He is without the best player on our D, as much as I love vilma, i have to admit it.

I think he slipped to the 4th, because he was bad in coverage, but don't quote me on that.
              Just trying to be diplomatic. I'm not as blunt as you are Josh.

And I'm pretty sure he slipped to the 4th because of concerns he wasn't physical enough. If I'm right he was a ballhawk in college but started off as a QB so there were questions about tackling and whatnot. He's certainly answered those this year, he gets a ton of tackles and is one of the best blitzing safeties in the league.

By the way, that play where he faked the blitz and dropped into coverage and picked the deep out to Johnson was sick.
              I don't know how to take it, but NFL.com's prospect profile suggests that Rhodes was considered to be "Best when stepping up in the box to make plays on the ball near the line of scrimmage." But also suggests he is athletic enough to provide good coverage and snatch the ball out of the air. So I don't really know what that means in terms of why he fell.
              Out of USA Today a brief mention of Rhodes pre-draft: Kerry Rhodes Louisville 6-3 209 Nice range, speed. But is he tough enough?

Also I really don't trust NFL.com too much. Do you have a link to the scouting report?

I'd really be interested in what Scott thought of him predraft to be honest. But I knew I read somewhere that his toughness at safety was questioned, I hadn't read the USA Today report but at least that shows that there were questions somewhere, that probably wasn't the only place that questioned his toughness either. And I was sure that coverage, or at least his speed and ability to be a deep center field type, weren't in question.

Completely different note, what do you guys want to look at as far as needs go on draft day? I'd kind of like a number one corner if we can swing one, as well as an elite DE/OLB if available in the first.

Anybody know anything about Darrelle Revis, corner out of Pitt? Purdue DE Anthony Spencer intrigues me as well.

Comment

• http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ff.race/1.html

Interesting article on the 10 players that could decided playoff chances for their teams.

10. Jonathan Vilma: The New York Jets inside linebacker has ranked among the league leaders in tackles all season but he's also been producing in a 3-4 system that doesn't play to his strengths. At 6-foot-1 and 230 pounds, Vilma doesn't have the prototypical size to take on guards and centers in that scheme and opposing teams have exploited that fact at various times this year. If the surprising Jets are going to stay in contention, he'll have to keep playing at his best for a defense that really doesn't have adequate personnel for the 3-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown
                  http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/11/28/playoff.race/1.html

Interesting article on the 10 players that could decided playoff chances for their teams.

10. Jonathan Vilma: The New York Jets inside linebacker has ranked among the league leaders in tackles all season but he's also been producing in a 3-4 system that doesn't play to his strengths. At 6-foot-1 and 230 pounds, Vilma doesn't have the prototypical size to take on guards and centers in that scheme and opposing teams have exploited that fact at various times this year. If the surprising Jets are going to stay in contention, he'll have to keep playing at his best for a defense that really doesn't have adequate personnel for the 3-4.
                  I was actually just going to comment on that same article, it was very interesting. Nice find. Hopefully Vilma continues to tough it out in the 3-4 and gets better in the years to come.

Comment

• D'Brick gave up a hit that could've ended Chad's career. He was anything but great on Sunday.

Comment

• Upcoming draft:

It looks like now that Dewayne is playing much much better, DE/OLB is the biggest need for next year (even though Hobson is also playing better). LaMarr Woodley seems to be the obvious pick, but does he fit the Mangini mold of tough, smart, hard-working players?? If so, I think he will be the pick come April.

^^Sig From Nvot9

Comment

• I really really really like Brian Smith but he's probably a day 2 pick because of his injury. So i think either corner or RB in rounds 1 and 2, then someone like Carriker with rou 2nd 2nd . Then either a downfield threat or Guard in round 3 and Smith in round 4

Sig by Me

Comment

• When is Brad Smith gonna throw a pass???? We've heard about his passing ability since the draft, and he hasn't even attempted a throw once this season.

^^Sig From Nvot9

Comment

When is Brad Smith gonna throw a pass???? We've heard about his passing ability since the draft, and he hasn't even attempted a throw once this season.
                            Would be interesting to see him do a Randle El type of play once this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown
                              Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                              When is Brad Smith gonna throw a pass???? We've heard about his passing ability since the draft, and he hasn't even attempted a throw once this season.
                              Would be interesting to see him do a Randle El type of play once this season.
                              They're saving it for the playoffs. :P

Comment

Upcoming draft:

It looks like now that Dewayne is playing much much better, DE/OLB is the biggest need for next year (even though Hobson is also playing better). LaMarr Woodley seems to be the obvious pick, but does he fit the Mangini mold of tough, smart, hard-working players?? If so, I think he will be the pick come April.
                                Wouldn't be surprised if we went with a corner in round 1 either. I just wonder if Woodley has the speed to play 3-4 OLB. I mentioned it before, Anthony Spencer from Purdue intrigues me. For some reason I think we're going to go after him (or a corner) in the first. Don't ask me why, just a gut feeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information