Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• besides the fact that he will let the media know if and when he has a problem he is a solid player. Not the biggest or quickest, but from what hes lost in speed and size hes made up for in knowledge of the game. He knows where each and every person on the line has to be and what their assignments are (he knew this before mangini came along and made sure everyone plays every position, he has played much of the line positions, although he sucks at center, self-admittingly). He's a tough guy who'll play as hard as he can for the team he is on, assuming the 'skins give him the extra million he wants. He did a fantastic job with Brick and Mangold; they both loved him. All in all i beleive it worked out well for both teams; 'skins got a player who will be a good starter on their line and we got a 4th rounder.
    I am fairly pleased that we got a 4th rounder (is that the definate compensation we got?) It seems that our front office does enjoy stock piling picks in order to make moves when they seem fit.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
      How good is Kendal, haven't paid much attention to the Jets, I do know he's old though. Here is the pick deal:
      Jets get a 5th rounder this year if Kendall plays less than 80 percent of the Redskin offensive snaps. It becomes a 4th rounder in '09if he plays 80 percent or more.
      Nice for the Skins that they learned after trading for Duckett and he played like 2 games.
      that seems weird, you sure its not a 4th this year if he plays alot?

Comment

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
        that seems weird, you sure its not a 4th this year if he plays alot?
        That's what I heard and for sure not an 08 fourth because we loss that in the Duckett trade, we should just give up the 5th and have him play 79% of the season, lol.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• You guys got a good deal. He is a very solid player.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
            You guys got a good deal. He is a very solid player.
            eh I dont know. Hes been solid, but hes getting old. I think it worked out very equally for both teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
              thats not the feel i get about Croyle, and i'm more than happy having Clemens over him personally. u must also be reading something that isn't necessarily watching the Jets games because Clemens has also looked solid in preseason......
              sorry to cut into the kendall discussion, but its not anytihng ive read, its what ive seen. His arm hasn't shown much strength and his accuracy has seemed spotty at times. For an arm that isnt what anyone would call strong, his accuracy needs to be absolutley pinpoint. While his numbers have been good, from what ive seen, the way he has accumulated those stats is unimpressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                How good is Kendal, haven't paid much attention to the Jets, I do know he's old though. Here is the pick deal:
                Jets get a 5th rounder this year if Kendall plays less than 80 percent of the Redskin offensive snaps. It becomes a 4th rounder in '09 if he plays 80 percent or more.
                Nice for the Skins that they learned after trading for Duckett and he played like 2 games.
                you guys sure dont mind parting with draft picks early in the season huh?

some things never change, i thought you guys would be tired of drafting 2 players a year....

good move for the jets if its a day one, should be a high rd pick as well

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

some things never change, i thought you guys would be tired of drafting 2 players a year....

It's been confirmed son, depending on how much he plays could be a 5th rounder next year, or a 4th rounder in 2009, not bad value at all, gives us insurance if he breaks down this year, and damn we have Mike Pucillo penciled at G We had to make this move.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I don't know what your talking about, this propels our already good line to possibly one of the best in the league when Samuels returns. This move had to be done, Wade and Pucillo both had their chances.

He's just a few steps under Dockery less than half the money.

Comment

• i'm sure he'll play good for the skins, he's a good player just things here weren't working out. Skins don't like draft picks, and Kendall playing in NY was pretty much an after thought now, so i think its safe to say the trade worked for both teams.
                      although i would have liked to have that gaurenteed 4th rounder........

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• How's D'Brickashaw gonna hold up on the left side? I heard that Kendall was kind of his safety net.

Comment

• we will see. hopefully his saftey net will only be needed for rookie seasons.

Comment

• FLAG GIRLS!!!!

http://www.newyorkjets.com/posts/144...its-the-runway

one step closer to cheerleaders

only picture i could find
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                              I know alot of people here are fans of Kellen Clemens, but I still kinda wish we had drafted Brodie Croyle. His Arm is really strong and he just has the gunslinger/winnder aura about him that I really cant explain. i just mention it because hearing that Croyle beat out huard for the starting job reminded me of this. Also I haven't seen the entire preseason and I hear he been impressive, but the little I saw of Clemens was unimpressive.

Kellen Clemons: 22 for 31, 240 yards, 4 td's and 1 int (in two games).
                              Brodie Croyle: 16 for 36, 176 yards, 1 TD and 3 int's (in three games).

Whoever told you Brodie Croyle was impressive this preseason lied. Keep in mind that during the '06 draft, I wanted the Jets to draft Croyle (in the third round) too. Mostly because I wanted them to stock up on O-linemen as much as they could (meaning five or six instead of just the first two picks).

Comment

• I think kellen is going to be our starter next year or the year after. he's been impressive in camp and preseason this year and i remember stuff about how he was being a leader last year as a backup rookie QB... i think he has a future as a QB...
                                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information