X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good write up about D'Brick

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index....130.xml&coll=1
    Last edited by TimD; 08-29-2007, 05:35 PM.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• "Ravens informed G Keydrick Vincent of his release.
      The Jets have a need at guard and have been reported to have potential interest in Vincent, a mauler who didn't fit the Ravens' more athletic look along the offensive line. Chris Chester takes over at right guard in Baltimore."

-does anyone know if our FO has shown any interest in him?? good size and pretty young 6'5 325lbs and 29 years old.

didn't read if it was mentioned but if it was my bad, but any updates would be nice as well.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
        Unrelated but it caught my attention from the website name. It saddens me that the Jets have slowly but surely become the New Jersey Jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
          Unrelated but it caught my attention from the website name. It saddens me that the Jets have slowly but surely become the New Jersey Jets.
          Well the Ledger covers the Giants just as much as the Jets. Having 2 NFL teams playing in our state kinda makes us think they are ours... I mean if it wasn't for the name people would assume the were from NJ cause they play there...
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• "The Asbury Park Press reports that the Jets are using Andre Dyson as trade bait in an attempt to replace left guard Pete Kendall.

The Jets have rookie Jacob Bender at LG, but are looking for a veteran to protect Chad Pennington's blindside. Dyson was a solid cornerback last year, but the team seems willing to stick former holdout Darrelle Revis in the starting lineup."

from this it definately seems that they are satisfied with david barrett, which from what ive heard he had a great camp. This also shows that they might not be to comfortable with bender.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
              "The Asbury Park Press reports that the Jets are using Andre Dyson as trade bait in an attempt to replace left guard Pete Kendall.

The Jets have rookie Jacob Bender at LG, but are looking for a veteran to protect Chad Pennington's blindside. Dyson was a solid cornerback last year, but the team seems willing to stick former holdout Darrelle Revis in the starting lineup."

from this it definately seems that they are satisfied with david barrett, which from what ive heard he had a great camp. This also shows that they might not be to comfortable with bender.
              I like this move, if it can happen

Sig by Me

Comment

• i don't and i hope it doesn't happen... he had a good season and now we'll throw him away... whats wrong with having 2 solid corners...

Comment

• ok 3 things we learned from tonight's game:
                  1) C.J. Mosely will definately see the field this season
                  2) We hope Brad Smith doesn't (as a QB)
                  3) Mike Nugent is good

^^Sig From Nvot9
                  J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Blake Costanzo...is he a long shot? I have to admit, I havent been paying much attention to the Jets this preseason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• I'd say Costanzo is a long shot to make the team, yes.

It's probably wrong, but since cuts are tomorrow I'm making a prediction for the final roster. Here goes.

QB (2.5)
                      Pennington
                      Clemens
                      B. Smith

RB (3)
                      T. Jones
                      L. Washington
                      Ware

FB (2)
                      Barnes
                      Tutt

WR (5.5)
                      Coles
                      Cotchery
                      McCareins
                      Stuckey
                      Smith
                      Wright

TE (4)
                      Baker
                      Ryan
                      Pociask
                      Dearth (LS)

OL (9)
                      Bender
                      Clarke
                      Clement
                      Ferguson
                      Goddard
                      A. Jones
                      Mangold
                      Moore
                      W. Smith

DE (5)
                      K. Coleman
                      Ellis
                      Hamilton
                      Haynes
                      Hicks

DT (3)
                      Robertson
                      Mosely
                      Pouha

OLB (3)
                      Bowens
                      Hobson
                      Thomas

ILB (4)
                      Barton
                      Harris
                      Kassell
                      Vilma

CB (5)
                      Barrett
                      D. Coleman
                      Dyson
                      Miller
                      Revis

S (5)
                      E. Coleman
                      Rhodes
                      E. Smith
                      R. Ventrone
                      R. Washington

K (1)
                      Nugent

P (1)
                      Graham

And I can’t figure who to give the 53rd spot. Frisman Jackson, Hank Poteat, Anthony Schlegel, Cody Spencer, Raymond Ventrone, and Kimo Von Oelhoffen I think all have legit shots to make the team. Just cuz I’m a Nova guy I’ll give it to Ventrone who’s a good ST player and I think that puts him over the edge. I’m sure my predictions are wrong, especially at LB, but I had to give it a shot.
                      Last edited by derza222; 08-31-2007, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• I hope kimo gets cut

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• I like your entire prediction except for one thing, I would put Bobby Hamilton as making the team, KVO as being cut, and Schlegel as being the 53rd guy. Otherwise it's exactly how I would have done it...
                          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
                            I hope kimo gets cut
                            I do too, I'd gladly see Bobby Hamilton take his spot. It was more me wanting KVO to be cut and not wanting to get my hopes up. In fact, I'm going to switch it now. And Schlegel may take the last spot if they're not willing to admit they made a mistake. I just like Ventrone's impact on ST. Thanks for taking a look at it.

By the way, just out of curiosity, do you go to school in Philly? Just wondering because you asked me where I go before.
                            Last edited by derza222; 08-31-2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                              I do too, I'd gladly see Bobby Hamilton take his spot. It was more me wanting KVO to be cut and not wanting to get my hopes up. In fact, I'm going to switch it now. And Schlegel may take the last spot if they're not willing to admit they made a mistake. I just like Ventrone's impact on ST. Thanks for taking a look at it.

By the way, just out of curiosity, do you go to school in Philly? Just wondering because you asked me where I go before.
                              My brother goes to school over at Drexel

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
                                My brother goes to school over at Drexel
                                Cool. Honorary member of the Big 5. I actually got my brother a Drexel hat as a gift earlier in the year just cuz it looks cool and I knew he'd like it (he's 11).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information