This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
    Yea, I agree, he's done nothing for the Jets while on the team. He hasn't played well at all this year...

Yes, I'm being god damn sarcastic.
    He hasn't played that well this year. Look at the stats, no Ints, no FFs, no FRs, no Sacks, no PDs. Granted i remember against Miami he was frequently pressuring Green and was close to some sacks. But Vilma has just been solid this year. I think this has alot more to do with the line then it does him, but it doesn't hide the fact that Vilma hasn't been anything special this year. He still is the leader of our Defense though, and i think trading him would be ridiculous

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
      He hasn't played that well this year. Look at the stats, no Ints, no FFs, no FRs, no Sacks, no PDs. Granted i remember against Miami he was frequently pressuring Green and was close to some sacks. But Vilma has just been solid this year. I think this has alot more to do with the line then it does him, but it doesn't hide the fact that Vilma hasn't been anything special this year. He still is the leader of our Defense though, and i think trading him would be ridiculous
      i have to agree. vilma has shown that he is making improvements in this defense, however much like ray lewis complained about a few years ago, i really beleive vilma's ability is being greatly hindered by the lack of our line. Now, i love drob but as much as i want to beleive it, he just isn't the new wave of athletic NTs. Maybe it isn't his size, but his strength. If someone can be his size and still maintain the point of attack than good for him, but the bigger he is the more he is going to get in the way of cutback lanes and such. They did do a decent job of keeping lynch from getting huge chunks of yards and over 100+, but a lot of that was becuase there were safeties and dbacks near the line of scrimmage. And from most of my buddies and girlfriend kept saying how bad our secondary was (yes she knows what a secondary is, ive taught her well! hah) which just shows how poor our pass rush is. After explaining to them how most good qbs if given time will shred a defense that isn't made up of 5 champ bailey, i realized we really cannot collapse a pocket with just our front 3 or 4. And ya, im not 100% sold on bob sutton either with the 3-4.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
        i have to agree. vilma has shown that he is making improvements in this defense, however much like ray lewis complained about a few years ago, i really beleive vilma's ability is being greatly hindered by the lack of our line. Now, i love drob but as much as i want to beleive it, he just isn't the new wave of athletic NTs. Maybe it isn't his size, but his strength. If someone can be his size and still maintain the point of attack than good for him, but the bigger he is the more he is going to get in the way of cutback lanes and such. They did do a decent job of keeping lynch from getting huge chunks of yards and over 100+, but a lot of that was becuase there were safeties and dbacks near the line of scrimmage. And from most of my buddies and girlfriend kept saying how bad our secondary was (yes she knows what a secondary is, ive taught her well! hah) which just shows how poor our pass rush is. After explaining to them how most good qbs if given time will shred a defense that isn't made up of 5 champ bailey, i realized we really cannot collapse a pocket with just our front 3 or 4. And ya, im not 100% sold on bob sutton either with the 3-4.
        Same thoughts over here. However, i think D-rob would be a good 3-4 DE, but in order to move him over we need to find a true NT, and true NT's are very hard to find. But that is our #1 need no doubt, 3-4 defenses revolve around the NT and it's no coincidence that SD, Pitt and NE have great D's and great NT's.

Sig by Me

Comment

• i hope the giants lose so i wont get laughed at in school tomorrow
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• i guess we're gonna get laughed at.....D'Brick vs. Osi is gonna be a marquee match-up next week, I'm kinda nervous for Chad's career, but at the same time maybe we could use a little Kellen Clemens in our lives

^^Sig From Nvot9
            J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman View Post
              i guess we're gonna get laughed at.....D'Brick vs. Osi is gonna be a marquee match-up next week, I'm kinda nervous for Chad's career, but at the same time maybe we could use a little Kellen Clemens in our lives
              Double Osi.

But then you have to deal with Kiwanuka.

Oh and don't forget about Tuck, who has been our most consistent DE this year.

Oh and Strahan, who has improved with each game.
              Originally posted by Paul
              Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
              Originally posted by Vikes99ej
              These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
              MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• The Giants are about as consistent as a Pee Wee football team...Yea they had 12 sacks but the Eagles were missing 6 starters and 5 pro bowlers. That's something you say ok we won move on not brag about that's like trying to say we beat a college team we the sh!t. We have to pla more consistent than a powder puff team to beat the Giants as we looked anything but sharp sunday...I did say "don't sleep on Trent Edwards he was my 3rd QB last year in the draft" We need to have some better offensive playcalling by Schottenheimer and need to utilize TJ more. McCareins also messed up the route at the end of the game and went 9 (deep) instead of 6 (a curl) LC did it too to Chad...both looked like awful throws but they were magnified by the fact that the WRs were in the wrong spots and Chad had to throw it too early bc he was being pressured.
                The Defense looks AWFUL....Same blitzing packages, but they just seem to be eaten up at the line. I want a new DT OLB and #2 CB. A lot of improvements need to be made for this team to seem decent....
                QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Yaa the osi matchup is gonna be tough, but than again so is the matchup every weekend for him; jason taylor, jarvis green, schobel etc. Yes osi had 6 sacks, but he absolutely made winston justice look like a college player. Winston can't go one on one with Osi and it was magnified, however i feel dbrick is significantly better than justice and will do a better job. And once again i felt that our play calling was extremely bland and i hate the fact we dont seem to worry about scoring or seem in any bit of a hurry until the last 2 minutes of the halves. Mangini has said that it came down to the 2 minutes 10 games last year roughly, well maybe it is becuase we dont ever score consistently and are up by 2 tds at the half or the end. And when we do score almost frequently, our defense lets the other team do it to. It just seems we play to the level of our teams and just don't go all out every play. Now, this isn't everyone im just sayin i dont see the fire in everyone.
                  I also have a question; is the FO planning on using jacob bender for a RT or guard?

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Changing my username is in no way disrespect for the great Mangini... Unfortunately I'm OCD so it had to be changed. Wanna help rebuild my rep?!
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• I don't even know you anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                        I don't even know you anymore.
                        i'm... so... sorry... all my usernames are timdris something and it all HAS to be the same.

Comment

• Honestly, I'm so sick and tired of the 3-4 defense. It is the one *major* flaw with our team right now, and it could *so easily* be fixed. We have one player who is better in the 3-4, and arguably the rest are better in the 4-3 (not to mention Vilma, who I could almost guarantee would be a top 3 MLB by now if we stayed with the 4-3 the whole time). We can't stop the run (or rush the QB) because we simply do not have anyone to command a double team. Mangini, I love you, but seriously.

The way things are going, it will be another 2-3 years before we have the personnel in place to run the 3-4, and by then we're going to need another WR and a new franchise running back. Not to mention the fact that we need to address our O-Line pretty damn badly in the next few drafts and FA's.

Seriously, life would be so much easier if Mangini just admitted he was wrong, and went to the 4-3.

Comment

• It's true, the 3-4 is extremely ineffective without the correct personnel

Sig by Me

Comment

• ive said this before in this thread, we have 2 (maybe 3) guys fit for the 3-4.... Thomas, Harris, and Coleman... Yet our top defenders are built for the 4-3 (Vilma, Robertson, Ellis, Hobson).. A switch to the 4-3 would help a lot with the run stopping and pass rushing (both have been ineffective)

Comment

• "The Jets mixed defensive fronts against the Bills, using four down linemen on 12 of the 27 first-half plays. But they used four linemen only three times in the second half, when the Bills scored all 17 of their points. The Bills averaged 6.2 yards a play against the four-man fronts. Against the three-man fronts, they averaged 5.5 yards."
                                granted the yardage could come to the safeties being up at the line of scrimmage, but it seems the overall consensus is that we are best suited for a 4-3. I dont mind running the 3-4, but mix it up and dont do it the majority until we have the personel.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information