Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wes Welker clearly deserves it over Leon Washington, were you being serious or are you just a Leon flaming homer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gang Green View Post
      Wes Welker clearly deserves it over Leon Washington, were you being serious or are you just a Leon flaming homer?
      First off I was being serious. Secondly, what is the reason for being so condescending, we are all jets fans here and it's much easier to point out actual stats to me and justifying your reasoning than just saying im wrong and an insult.

So for kicks, lets just throw out the stats here. Leon is much more of a kick returner than punt returner and welker vice versa.

Stats -------------Leon-----------Welker
      Kick returns-------33 (11th)--------6
      KR Yards---------1011 (6th)-------157
      KR Avg------------30.6 (2nd)------26.2
      KR tds--------------3 (1st)--------0

Punt Returns-------3--------------22 (14th)
      PR Yards----------13-------------237 (8th)
      PR Avg------------8.1------------10.8 (7th)
      PR tds-------------0---------------0

Ok, so leon absolutely destroys him in kick returns and welker beats him in punt returns, so i guess thats a wash. So what you'll have to do is look at how much better they are against their opponents in their respective forte. Leon is clearly more dominant against the other kick off returners, which includes Joshua cribbs who is probably the best, wheres welker, who is good, isn't nearly as dominant. But seriously, just take some time to look up the actual stats before insulting me. We both like the jets, and are passionate about our guys, no reason to go burnin bridges.
      Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 12-06-2007, 07:34 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
        First off I was being serious. Secondly, what is the reason for being so condescending, we are all jets fans here and it's much easier to point out actual stats to me and justifying your reasoning than just saying im wrong and an insult.

So for kicks, lets just throw out the stats here. Leon is much more of a kick returner than punt returner and welker vice versa.

Ok, so leon absolutely destroys him in kick returns and welker beats him in punt returns, so i guess thats a wash. So what you'll have to do is look at how much better they are against their opponents in their respective forte. Leon is clearly more dominant against the other kick off returners, which includes Joshua cribbs who is probably the best, wheres welker, who is good, isn't nearly as dominant. But seriously, just take some time to look up the actual stats before insulting me. We both like the jets, and are passionate about our guys, no reason to go burnin bridges.

One thing I can think of there is that he thought you meant at a position other than KR, since you really didn't specify a position. I think Leon obviously deserves it over Welker as a return man, not sure if he does over Cribbs but it should be one or the other in the Pro Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          One thing I can think of there is that he thought you meant at a position other than KR, since you really didn't specify a position. I think Leon obviously deserves it over Welker as a return man, not sure if he does over Cribbs but it should be one or the other in the Pro Bowl.
          It's a possibility, although i'm not sure how, when welker is on the ballot for WR & KRwhereas Leon is on for RB & KR. I think Cribbs deserves it, but i was just making a point at how welker is #1 and leon was only #6. I don't understand how welker could be considered the best returner; i would really like to hear the argument.
          Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 12-06-2007, 08:30 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
            Honestly, I want them to win, but I'm going to cry if I have to go through this pathetic of a season and not at least get a top 5 pick to go with it.
            give me the wins anyday. You can get great players at the 10th pick, and nothing is a gaurentee in the top 5. I'd much rather have the wins so that i can walk with pride with my Jets gear. The Jets front office has done a real good job the last few years, so i trust them to make the right choices regardless of where we're picking

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
              give me the wins anyday. You can get great players at the 10th pick, and nothing is a gaurentee in the top 5. I'd much rather have the wins so that i can walk with pride with my Jets gear. The Jets front office has done a real good job the last few years, so i trust them to make the right choices regardless of where we're picking
              Exactly! Now, I'm not sayin i lose pride in being a jets fan, but there's times when i've walked outta the bar here in boston after some pretty tough losses this year where i've zipped up my sweatshirt a little more than the weather called for hah.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post

Ok, you didn't mention that this was for the kick returner to represent the AFC. In that case, I agree with you 100% that Leon deserves it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gang Green View Post
                  Ok, you didn't mention that this was for the kick returner to represent the AFC. In that case, I agree with you 100% that Leon deserves it.
                  My bad, i shoulda specified. If they had just an offensive production category instead of WR and RB positions than welker definatley has the edge over leon. I think thats just shotty's fault for not giving leon the ball more, and welker just having a fantastic year. I personally feel welker should get a look at the probowl this year, but i don't think he'll get it. He has been just as valuable as moss in some of the games, granted without moss they could double welker, but i'm always more worried about welker than moss on 3rd down every time i watch them play.

I havn't really paid any attention to many of the AFC centers this year, but i was surprised to see mangold be only #6.

Comment

• David Harris jsut won defensive rookie of the month and IMO should win it for the year. One of the Jets said they should just remove the rookie and say def player of the month bc hes just been THAT good. Its a shame he started later in the season and hasnt had a chance to garner some pro bowl momentum but I am also surprised at Mangold's status bc Ive read some believe in a year he could easily be considered the best center in football. As of now I put him behind Matt Birk only as the best center in the league so I guess I think he's the best center in the AFC. Some might disagree and say Dan Koppen but I think with the LG situation of the Jets it could be a lot worse if Mangold wasn't the center.

Also this is just a thought and with Mangold's great play at C its VERY unlikely and probably shouldn't happen, but does anybody feel strongly enough about maybe drafting a C (bc of the weak senior class of OG) and moving Mangold to G bc of his physicality so we can actually have a good OL. (I just think of Mangold and Brick next to each other and get chills) Alex Mack came to mind as this type of guy he's a junior C from Cal 6'5'' 305 (im not sure if he can play guard though) I dunno he just seems to me to be the only candidate but let me know who comes to mind for you

I would prefer to draft a Duke Robinson and keep Mangold at C but I think if we could find a C who can't play guard whos grading MUCH better than the guards we think will be at our spots I think we should consider it.

Another option would be finding a C who could play G and switching him keeping Mangold at C a much more important piece of the line.

Basically, does anyone see any tweeners that might be able to brigthen our outlook on the LG position and addressing it via the draft bc the Gs in this draft w the exception of maybe 2 is depressing and having to COVET a G in the draft is dangerous. I also read somewhere that Faneca's play was fading and 2006 was his worst year at any level in protection, but one year may just have been a result of the sdtruggling steelers I dunno we'll see. Its just keeping up with the OL FA market is too tasking at this point in the season.LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK
                    Last edited by hcbrad08; 12-07-2007, 12:56 PM.
                    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• As you already stated, moving Mangold won't happen. I see your logic but I really wouldn't want to move him out of C. As you said also, in the short time he has been in the pros, he has done an amazing job.

Comment

• Yea like I said it's kind of a crazy move unless you have a great C coming out but I don't see that. How do you guys see the LG situation working out? I have more confidence the RT position will be upgraded. I'm sincerely worried about LG I think Kendall was and whoever ends up there will be the glue and a big part of whether Mangold and Brick reach their TRUE potential (which is high).

LG? Thoughts?
                        RT? Thoughts?

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

Comment

• Just found a funny video listen close 9 to 10 seconds in...Just something to perpetuate the idea that Brady can get very flustered if things don't go his way (why they have a great line, scheme and now WRs: when he has all 3 he's close to the best, but that (I think) says a lot)...Odds of Jets beating Patriots 9%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C6Xj...eature=related

That's Ellis Hobbs at the end

Comment

• What do you guys think of Corey Williams, NT for GB. I think he is a free agent this year.

Comment

• He seems to be a better fit at DE in a 34 than NT he's 64 310 that's more Ty Warren than Vince Wilfork. From what I've heard he's a backup and the Packers are considering picking up Sam Adams over utilizing Williams more. Adams projects more as NT at 63 350. Hes 34 and a FA next year Id rather have a stop gap like him for 1st and 2nd down bc of how massive he is and use DROB on 3rd and pass rushing downs. its a tough position to fill and it seems to be such a thin market. Raji really looks like one physically and plays well enough to be an effective 1 or 2 gap tackle...too bad he can't read. I think he's our highest priority come 2009 draft barring DROB playing outstanding with another big DE besides coleman

Comment

• I am really interested whether or not BJ raji actually will declare for the NFL or not. He would be coming back for his 5th year, and I have to imagne that if he put his name in to see where he would get drafted, he would have to know he is a top 2 rounder being drafted. I know he could possibly guarantee a top rounder next year, but that comes at a very large risk; it is his 5th year and if he gets injured he'll be that much older, he is losing out on a lot of money and BC definately will not be as good next year as they were this year. Does anyone know when the day is to declare for the draft?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information