This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
    Whats wrong with Haynesworth and Berrian?
    My question is what's so great about Suggs? He's had an awful season and has a far better supporting cast than he's had here. Beyond that there are a few solid OLB prospects this year in the draft. Why don't we target offensive line in FA? If there's any place we need veteran help, that's it. We're doing a good job building our defense through the draft, I really don't see why we'd concentrate on that in FA it's our offense we need some vets. Haynesworth will probably slack off once he gets his contract, and Berrian isn't great but the WR crop is poor this year so he's probably going to get signed for way more than he's worth. Beyond that, our starters are fine and if we sign Berrian it's a sign we may get rid of Coles which would be disappointing. And if he's a #3 that's nice but we'd better not sign him for too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      My question is what's so great about Suggs? He's had an awful season and has a far better supporting cast than he's had here. Beyond that there are a few solid OLB prospects this year in the draft. Why don't we target offensive line in FA? If there's any place we need veteran help, that's it. We're doing a good job building our defense through the draft, I really don't see why we'd concentrate on that in FA it's our offense we need some vets. Haynesworth will probably slack off once he gets his contract, and Berrian isn't great but the WR crop is poor this year so he's probably going to get signed for way more than he's worth. Beyond that, our starters are fine and if we sign Berrian it's a sign we may get rid of Coles which would be disappointing. And if he's a #3 that's nice but we'd better not sign him for too much.
      I think Suggs is a great player. Great for a 3-4. Can play the run, rush the passer, and play coverage. He is a great player and will help any teams defence. Haynesworth, IMO, is a top five DT in football. Berrian is a deep threat and can score anytime he touches the ball. He will help that woeful offense immediately.

Comment

• I like Terrell Suggs and think he is a hell of a player, but right now my dream is to get vernon gholston. If we get gholston and sign him to top 10 money, i don't think another OLB is the way to go.

Albert Haynesworth would be a fantastic pick. I understand the worries of his injuries or that it is his contract year, but when he plays he is an easy top 5 DT in this league. I think he could play well at NT or thrive at DE in our 34; He is too tall to be your prototypical NT, but he can do anything wilfork or hampton can do. He can take on a double team, collapse the pocket and rush the passer even with two guys on him. Or we could keep Drob as our NT and allow Fat Al to eat up the double teams as our DE, which would allow Drob more one on ones that will utilize is speed and penetration abilities. I personally don't see how he could get away from the titans, either long term contract or franchise tag him, but i definately don't think he would be a liability.

As for berrian, i think it depends on the money and what we do with coles and our recievers. Berrian has phenomenal speed and tremendous big play ability that we could use to stretch the field, which would allow cotchery and coles to make their living underneath. Jmac was supposed to be our deep threat, but consistently proved to us to be the antithesis of a football player. If shotty actually develops an offensive system that suites Clemens and not chad, i think berrian would be a great weapon. People would finally have to honor the deep ball (once clemens completes a few of them that is) and that will most certainly open up the shorter routes for cotchery, coles and baker.

So i guess i would be happy with the addition of berrian (depending on the money) and extremely happy with haynesworth. I still want to see a Stacy Andrews, Jake Scott or Jordan Gross added as well.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          Whats wrong with Haynesworth and Berrian?
          Whats wrong with Haynesworth?

1. Up until this year, he's been above average at best. Now this year, which is coincidentally his contract year, suddenly he's DPOY material. This reminds me heavily of Muhsim Muhammad in a bad way. He seems like the guy the team I root for (I say that, cuz it happens in all sports to all teams I happen to be rooting for at the time) always signs and never lives up to the contract.

2. "The team has needed a 3-4 nose for two years now, and Haynesworth could fit the bill." This is wrong in so many ways. Not only would sticking Haynesworth at nose be a waste of his talents should they be anything more than iron pyrite, but he's not a fit for the nose at all. 3-4 defensive end maybe, but not nose tackle.

3. Andre Gurode's face.

What's wrong with Bernard Berrian?

He's a wide receiver for the Chicago Bears.

Comment

• i would love to pick up suggs. he is a proven fantastic player and as amazing as gholston seems, we have so many needs, that picking up suggs would solve one of them an allow us to get an impact player at another position.

Comment

• Suggs- If we can get him at a bargain price, great. Fantastic. I'd love it. Baltimore hasn't used him well this year, I'll give you that. But Suggs was a great player on a great defense with a great supporting cast. All of a sudden his supporting cast gets worse, the defense suffers, and he has a an off season. So a guy who has had 12, 10.5, 8, and 9.5 sacks a season all of a sudden has 5 this year. I understand we're not going to be paying him like a guy that gets 5 sacks a year, but are we going to give a guy coming off possibly a 5 sack season top money? You pay a player for what they are or what they will be, not what they did, and the fact that his supporting cast slipped this season and all of a sudden his production slips as well worries me. I understand he's a good player and a great fit for our defense, but lets see what kind of money he's going to command before saying we want him.

Haynesworth- Crickett hit it on the head. Huge risk there for a guy that's going to get a massive contract somewhere, and I'd definitely be far more comfortable with him at DE than NT.

Berrian- BroadwayJoe10 hit it on the head. Great add for the right money and a nice fit, but are we going to really pay a #3 starters money? And if we don't, why would he come here when he could get it elsewhere?

Comment

• The Jets' list of 2008 opponents has been solidified. In addition to the six home-and-home division games, they will play at Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and Tennessee. They'll also host Denver, Kansas City, Arizona, St. Louis and Cincinnati
                QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• FA news: isnt too much news, look back we've been mentioning those guys since week 2. I wouldnt mind Haynesworth at DE. Suggs underperformed and would be an upgrade but at what price? And Berrian NO I want a 63+ reciever who can jump like crazy not a 61 speedster who is the clone of jerricho cotchery wo as much YAC ability.

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

Comment

• A major sports news outlet has added some validity to our Cheifs Jets trade rumor...
                    One team that will be interested in Pennington if he is released or put on the trade market is Kansas City, which desperately needs a veteran presence, according to L** P**********. Chiefs coach Herm Edwards worked with Pennington in New York and the two have respect for each other and know what they are getting.

Maybe Coles wont be involved but it's beginning to look like Pennington has suitors Chiefs Vikings Bears (trade bait, 2nd rounder? Thoughts?)

3 POSTS IN A ROW SORRY, BUT THEY WERE 4 HOURS APART...LETS GET SOME ACTIVITY.

Comment

• No chance in hell Pennington fetches anything more than a 3rd. Even that I think is still pushing it, i believe he'll get traded for a high 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08 View Post
                        A major sports news outlet has added some validity to our Cheifs Jets trade rumor...
                        One team that will be interested in Pennington if he is released or put on the trade market is Kansas City, which desperately needs a veteran presence, according to L** P**********. Chiefs coach Herm Edwards worked with Pennington in New York and the two have respect for each other and know what they are getting.

Maybe Coles wont be involved but it's beginning to look like Pennington has suitors Chiefs Vikings Bears (trade bait, 2nd rounder? Thoughts?)

3 POSTS IN A ROW SORRY, BUT THEY WERE 4 HOURS APART...LETS GET SOME ACTIVITY.
                        Which news outlet?

Comment

• I was told via PM I'm not allowed to post sources or direct quotes from private sources anymore bc unless the information is AP it's not supposed to be put out, but whatever it doesn't matter if they take rep... E$PN In it was Len Pasquerelli

Also Genome your opinion I think is off...What did a 37 year old Trent Green w/ SEVERE Concussion problems go for last season when the team had what mnay thought to be a formitable starter Damon Huard...4th rounder. Pennington 31 who has been injured (but in freak accidents as well as unfavorable bends bc of a lack of Blindside protection) has more upside and years left than Trent Green did last year, will garner more than that. And the Jets QB situation is so questionbable they can hold the line that they need him as a starter thus driving his price up. late 2nd to 3rd. Assuming Derek Anderson is resigned, who is a better QB in FA or on the block? Certain teams have a demand for QB we have one of if not conisdered the best of a short supply and the price could understandably be higher. I think you're overlooking the recent precedents in terms of trades.
                          Last edited by hcbrad08; 12-27-2007, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Okay, sorry about that. Again though, I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• Agreed, its just adding some discussion for now and it makes for a good storyline heading into Sunday.

Comment

• Definitely adds a little validity, but I'd also definitely rather get what we can for Pennington and keep Coles. We have enough holes as it is right now without needing to replace our most reliable wideout and a leader on this team. I just don't want it to cause problems with Clemens' development which is apparently what we're focused on right now. A wideout like Coles is invaluable for a young QB IMO.

Also, there's a little Vilma/Rodgers deal discussion in the Lions forum, hasn't really gotten going yet but its worth checking out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information