This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gio View Post
    im kinda stuck in the middle as far as chad johnson goes. he is a great player, but he is all for himself. what if we have another disaster of a season again next year? he will quit by week 8 like he did in 07. also he has had a tremendous arm throwing him the ball the last 4 seasons, and even if clemens has all the potential in the world,but he is no carson palmer. honestly, i think roy williams is just as good with a lot less mouth.
    eh, Roy has just as big a mouth as Chad, but less endzone celebration and media attention. But Chad's mouth isn't tha tmuch bigger. Either way, i'd give up a #2 for either of them.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• I just heard USC had to buy heavier dumbbells bc Sedrick Ellis was so strong and was dominating 100 lbers.

um yes thank you I'd take him or Gholston

I did the size ratio just to see how he matches up vs other NT weight over height

Sedrick Ellis: 308 72.5 inches 4.248 lbs per inch

Dewayne Robertson: 307 lbs 73.5 inches 4.176 lbs per inch
      Vince Wilfork: 325 lbs 74.5 inches 4.362 lbs per inch
      Jamal Williams: 340 lbs 75 inches 4.533 lbs per inch
      Kelly Gregg: 305 lbs 72 inches 4.236 lbs per inch
      Shaun Rogers: 335 lbs 76 inches 4.408 lbs per inch

Though a crude estimate, this model does show Ellis as being bigger than Robertson and Gregg and given information about his strength and ability to handle the double team I think he's apt for the position. Remember he's 22 and still has room to grow a little (in terms of putting on GOOD weight..its easier before 25) I think if he added 7 good lbs and got up to 6 feet and 3/4 inches at 315 he could be a force for us effective NTs are typicallly 1st rounders you do have Gregg who was a 6th rounder bc he weighed 20 lbs less when he was drafted. (not to mention he might be effective bc he has ngata playing de and a huge DL helping but hes been said to be effective) I guess my point is are we gonna take aythba rubin in the 4th rd maybe seeing 1 of his games while he played at IOWA STATE or Sedrick Ellis from USC who has been and is considered to be one of if not the best player in the draft (bc hes been on natl tv a lot and never failed to deliver), he's ahrd working and would fill one of our biggest needs.

Im leaning towards him over gholston
      YOU BUILD INSIDE OUT NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND...look at how the patriots built their team regardless of coaching. Seymore, Wilfork and Warren were all 1st rders. THE D line is so important to the 34 if mangini is committed to it and we are willing to ship out dewayne and his 12million dollar contract then I think this should and will be our pick esp considering pouha progress.

Id like to have options to trade out or take Ellis or Gholston...We'll see but I think Ellis could be an effective 34 NT.
      Last edited by hcbrad08; 02-01-2008, 08:30 PM.
      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Well, would you want to see the Jets make a move for Rodgers and then draft Gholston?

Is there actually any interest by the Jets front office in Rodgers, I have not really heard anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
          Well, would you want to see the Jets make a move for Rodgers and then draft Gholston?

Is there actually any interest by the Jets front office in Rodgers, I have not really heard anything.
          I havn't heard of any news about us being interested in Rogers, but what i did read in that article was that the jets seemed to be unbeleivably excited at Ellis' weighin.

Look at this video of Ellis and just check out 1:15 he absolutely frustrates Roy Sheuning, its pretty funny. Granted this doesn't do much for his stock as a 34 NT, but it's just a cool video to show how quick he is for his size.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/20...lis/3144973026

I've also been thinking the selection over in my head for a bit and i truly beleive that he might be the best pick for us. THe thing that seperates him from Drob in my mind is that he is just so much stronger. Mangini always talked about having a NT that revolutionized the position; what i got out of this is that the 34 mangini ideally wants to run is different than some of the others. It's different compared to parcells?? or whichever just has the NT eat up space and blockers and doesn't do much penetration, where as i think mangini seems to want to have his Dlineman be able to be stout at the POA but also have the ability to get into the backfield and cause chaos. Of course it takes someone who is extremely quick, with great size and unbelievable strength; you may have to wait a long time for that and Ellis could be our guy.

Edit: As for his strength this is something i just came across; Extremely strong – 510 lbs max on the bench (recently hit 42 reps at 225lbs.)
          Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 02-01-2008, 09:02 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Speaking of the Asante, i'd welcome him signing with us. With a little better pass rush (Gholston anybody?), think of the coverage sacks we'd get with a Samuel/Revis/Rhodes d-backfield.

Comment

• Not that I think Ellis will be around at our pick, but I don't think it'd utilize his talents at all to be in the 3-4, and his repertoire seems much more suited for that of a pass-rushing monster, rather than some space-eater in the middle.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                Not that I think Ellis will be around at our pick, but I don't think it'd utilize his talents at all to be in the 3-4, and his repertoire seems much more suited for that of a pass-rushing monster, rather than some space-eater in the middle.
                But that's the thing, it doesn't matter if he'd be better in a 43 if he's still great in a 34. He would be our pick and ours to do what we want with him and if he can be a great NT than i don't see the harm in picking him. I want to know exact reasons that he can't play a 34 NT not just that he doesn't weigh 15 pounds more. He is as strong or stronger than Hampton, Wilfork, Williams etc. and he is shorter than Wilfork but his arms are half an inch longer, which means it's easier for him to get his pads lower and get better leverage and still not get engulfed by the bigger interior lineman because of 'gator arms. If there is something technically i'm missing than I would gladly rethink my position on him.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...esearch/080128

this article is weird

^^Sig From Nvot9
                  J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• GREATEST FEELING IN THE WORLD!! this city will actually be liveable tommorrow morning!!!!!

Comment

• Its good that the Pats didnt win but the Giants fans around me are annoying as hell. They will just rip on the Jets all day for no reason now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                        GREATEST FEELING IN THE WORLD!! this city will actually be liveable tommorrow morning!!!!!
                        this makes me sick

^^Sig From Nvot9
                        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Jets- Thank you for exposing the Patriots for what they really were early in the season. If you guys never did, who knows if we would have beaten them tonight cuz they probably would have cheated

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Not that I really like the Patriots, but it's too bad that the Giants had to win. On average, I know more d-bag Giants fans than Pats, but oh well. It was a lose-lose in that regard, so at least we were given a good game.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• What some of you have to realize is that the only reason you hold any animosity towards the Giants is because of a few loud mouth fans they have, which is the same as any other team.

I am not expecting you to be jumping up and down, but this was a great win against an 18-0 team.

I think our organization has a bright future, and we ourselves have a lot to look forward to.

Comment

• hey i am just glad that a ny team finally won something against a boston based team..the look on belicheat's face was priceless..see? bad karma follows you when you cheat!! good job g-men and i'd rather deal with a few loudmouth giants fans than to see the pompous, arrogant pats along with their fans etched in history as the only 19-0 team ever. now the jets 4-12 season doesnt feel so horrible any more because the pats get nothing either..
                                "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information