This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tishdog View Post
    Its good that the Pats didnt win but the Giants fans around me are annoying as hell. They will just rip on the Jets all day for no reason now.
    Its just the opposite here. My family is full of Jets fans, Giants fans and now, even a few Dolphins fans and you know what? We all get along just fine, especially after that superbowl. Nobody rags on anyone.

I wore a Jets shirt all day and nobody said boo.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman View Post
      this makes me sick
      Try living here in boston through two pats superbowls and two red sox world series and then tell me that's sickening. I am a die hard jets fan, but if i have to choose between the giants winning and the pats losing, it's not even a contest.

I have 0 anamosity towards the giants; they don't play in our division, they havn't beaten us in a superbowl and i could care less strahan beat kleckos sack record. Ya there are a lot of annoying giants fans, but there are a ton of annoying jets fans as well. I love the fact that the patriots lost and it made going to class absolutely enjoyable today and I know hcbrad will agree with me that if we had to deal with all the annoying nonfans talking about the pats and sox for an entire year it would be the worst thing ever. Obviously i would rather the jets win the superbowl, but the second best thing to me is the pats losing.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• the mo lewis curse is broken!!! as im sure others have read, no ny team since the "hit" has won any championships in any sport, while boston won 3 super bowls and 2 world series. hopefully the pats bad luck will continue and the jets can get an upper hand on the division..hey anything can happen, the proof was yesterday's game!
        "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• The only good that came out of this is that maybe their LBs will retire, Moss will leave, Samuel will leave, and maybe someone else. Maybe Brady will get into a fight with Belichick and go to his one true love, Eric Mangini.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
            The only good that came out of this is that maybe their LBs will retire, Moss will leave, Samuel will leave, and maybe someone else. Maybe Brady will get into a fight with Belichick and go to his one true love, Eric Mangini.
            well, in all honesty that is a good reality that both LBs will retire, a possibility that moss will be gone, and samuel is gone. since the pats didn't win, i think samuel how has a better chance coming over to the jets than if they did win, and he would have bigger demands- not that he is gonna come cheap anyway.
            "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• If i were a betting man, I would say that moss is staying 100%, Asante is gone, to where i have no idea but he'll be gone, randall gaay will be gone, stalworth will be gone, kelly washington my stay in stalworths place but i dunno and i think seau and bruschi stay but get limited playing time when the pats get a new lb.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I'd love to see us get Terrell Suggs or Karlos Dansby for a OLB spot if the price don't go too high.
                Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                  I'd love to see us get Terrell Suggs or Karlos Dansby for a OLB spot if the price don't go too high.
                  If we can get one of those two guys then our entire draft strategy changes which would be great because we can focus on DL, OL, CB, and WR
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                    If we can get one of those two guys then our entire draft strategy changes which would be great because we can focus on DL, OL, CB, and WR
                    Although at the same time, I'd like to see the Jets focus on the OL so they can draft Gholston in the first round. Because how good of a fit are any of the first round defensive linemen (Dorsey, Long, S. Ellis) for the Jets?

Comment

• Well let's say we get Dansby in FA. Then we could possibly trade down to acquire a late 1st as well as other draft picks (probably a 2nd). Then with our first 3 pick we could focus on OL and DL.
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                        Well let's say we get Dansby in FA. Then we could possibly trade down to acquire a late 1st as well as other draft picks (probably a 2nd). Then with our first 3 pick we could focus on OL and DL.
                        Both will likely get franchised...
                        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• I really think it makes the most sense to focus on OL in FA because we need guys that can step in now to protect Clemens. That said, if we're going to go big money in FA I'd rather go for a LB than say, Asante Samuel. Going OLB gives us, as stated, the option to trade down. I think if we could go OL and OLB in FA it gives us a lot of flexibility to move down and add talent at multiple positions: DL, CB, WR, and possibly positions like RB, TE, and S depending on who is available. And really, we could have bigger problems than being forced to make a pick at 6 and take a guy like Gholston with two solid OLB's already though I think if we did draft an OLB somebody would be on the board (Dorsey, DMC) that a team would want to trade up for.

Comment

• I think we should just take whatever big-name talent we can get. I don't think we're such an attractive franchise that we can just pick and choose. Ideally, there's certain things they should focus on, but we have more positions than just those that everyone brings up that could use a significant upgrade.

As for Suggs, there's almost no way he goes, but I did hear that if he did, he wanted to play in Arizona. I guess a Dansby/Suggs trade would work out nicely, but I'd love it if we could get Karlos.

I don't know if I necessarily want to overpay for older OL in FA though. In the draft, it'd just be a matter of them finding the right guys to fit. The two positions we currently need aren't franchise-breaking ones, so there's a good possibility of finding steals later on in the draft so long as we draft smart. For me, ideally, I'd want to be bringing in playmakers through FA, whether it's a RB, WR, TE, OLB, DB, or D-Lineman.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I think whether we address OL will make or break our season next year. Young QBs need time and have to have confidence that they will not get crushed every time they drop back. Clemens will develop nicely if he's given time and a chance this season.

Comment

• If we could get Gross (he's still a UFA, right?), that would be absolutely ideal. If not, Max Starks would be a fantastic consolation. After that, I'm not too interested in anybody. I don't really think there's a LG worth it out there for the price, age, and ability.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information