Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a little soon since FA really isn't over at all yet, but as of now, who is your number one player on your board for the Jets pick at #6?

Also, are there any other moves you want the Jets to make this Free Agency?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      DeWayne Robertson is a pretty good 4-3 undertackle. Not pro bowl level, but pretty good. Anything other than that, he's not going to do. He is not suited to the nose tackle position, he is DEFINITELY not suited to the 3-4 and he has always had trouble with double teams. That being said, you have no idea how glad I am that he's gone. The fact that the Jets got ANYTHING for him and his 13 million dollar cap number puts them ahead of the game IMO.
      You won't find a more sugar coated description of this trade by a Jets fan anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
        Maybe a little soon since FA really isn't over at all yet, but as of now, who is your number one player on your board for the Jets pick at #6?

Also, are there any other moves you want the Jets to make this Free Agency?
        First off, I've heard they're close to signing Damien Woody, I think I'd like that move in addition to drafting one.

I also heard we just signed Pace to a 6 year, 42 million deal with 22 million guaranteed. Kind of ticked we spent that much, but I think he can be a good player as an edge rusher. I think this, if proven to be true, leans us more towards McFadden as opposed to Gholston. I'd still like to take a speedster to rush on the corner, like Avril, but whatever. Ideally, I'd like to trade down from 6th and pick up Mendenhall/Stewart/a CB and then Avril/Groves ?
        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• We got Pace!! I didnt hear anything about drob until i saw the article above and its not found on any other site but i know that espn is usually truthful
          J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

PLAYERS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
          KELLEN CLEMENS QB #11
          BRAD SMITH WR #16
          DAVID HARRIS MLB #52
          DARRELLE REVIS CB #24

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
            First off, I've heard they're close to signing Damien Woody, I think I'd like that move in addition to drafting one.

I also heard we just signed Pace to a 6 year, 42 million deal with 22 million guaranteed. Kind of ticked we spent that much, but I think he can be a good player as an edge rusher. I think this, if proven to be true, leans us more towards McFadden as opposed to Gholston. I'd still like to take a speedster to rush on the corner, like Avril, but whatever. Ideally, I'd like to trade down from 6th and pick up Mendenhall/Stewart/a CB and then Avril/Groves ?

This would be horrible IMO. Pace isn't worth half that much and quite frankly, I don't understand the demand for him. He's had one okay year. In his entire career. To me, the addition of Pace means the Jets pass rush will be improved so minutely that nobody will notice.

Edit: Oh no, ESPN is reporting that its true.

Comment

• That is a large contract. I have to be honest, I don't know much about the guy and have only seen his stats. What does he bring to the table?

Comment

• Man. I pray to god either Gholston is there or we can trade down because we're spending out the ass. I was hoping Woody would be for depth or something, but if the supposed contract is as it is, then that's just horrible. I'll have to look at some stuff about Pace, but I'm fairly sure he'll bust. Maybe not though.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Not to complain because I think they have improved the team a great deal (albeit for a lot of $$) but I think their move now is to trade down from #6 to get a) quantity and b) better cap $'s.
                  J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                    Man. I pray to god either Gholston is there or we can trade down because we're spending out the ass. I was hoping Woody would be for depth or something, but if the supposed contract is as it is, then that's just horrible. I'll have to look at some stuff about Pace, but I'm fairly sure he'll bust. Maybe not though.
                    I think Woody is the short term answer @ RT, either this year or next they will draft/develop a RT and move him to RG to replace Moore...
                    J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                      Not to complain because I think they have improved the team a great deal (albeit for a lot of $$) but I think their move now is to trade down from #6 to get a) quantity and b) better cap $'s.
                      I will complain. I loved the Faneca signing and the Jenkins trade. But Calvin Pace and Damien Woody are minimal upgrades for maximum money and I think the Jets set themselves back quite a bit.

One step foward, two steps back.

The Jets do not have a premiere pass rusher and now, it looks like they're not going to.

Comment

• We may not have a premiere pass rusher because we will have multiple pass rushers and I love the woody signing he is very good and now we have solidified both sides of our offensive line
                        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

PLAYERS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
                        KELLEN CLEMENS QB #11
                        BRAD SMITH WR #16
                        DAVID HARRIS MLB #52
                        DARRELLE REVIS CB #24

Comment

• If we don't get rid of Robertson, we've had a considerably poor off-season. The only potential steal so far is the Jenkins thing, and everything else hasn't been that great. It turned from a solid off-season to a poor one very quickly. We'll have to get lucky in the draft to redeem ourselves.
                          Last edited by thetedginnshow; 03-03-2008, 07:21 PM.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsman309 View Post
                            We may not have a premiere pass rusher because we will have multiple pass rushers and I love the woody signing he is very good and now we have solidified both sides of our offensive line

the problem is that none of them at OLB are any good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              the problem is that none of them at OLB are any good.
                              IMO I would have preferred to not sign Pace and draft Gholston. Only thing is, if Gholston got drafted ahead of us we would be in deep doo-doo. Hopefully Gholston is still on their radar..
                              J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                                IMO I would have preferred to not sign Pace and draft Gholston. Only thing is, if Gholston got drafted ahead of us we would be in deep doo-doo. Hopefully Gholston is still on their radar..

Except with the signing of Woody (which I'm also not happy sbout), the Jets could have waited until the second round if Gholston wasn't there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information