This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
    Well supposedly both Long's are off the board so apparently we're not getting Chris. I just really really hope the draft doesn't look like:

1. Miami- Jake Long
    2. St. Louis- Chris Long
    3. Atlanta- Glenn Dorsey
    4. Oakland- Darren McFadden
    5. Kansas City- Vernon Gholston

Maybe we find a trading partner for Ryan or Sed Ellis but I'm not sure we would and that puts us in a tough situation. As bad as that scenario would be, it looks like it's pretty realistic at the moment...

If Baltimore wants Matt Ryan so bad, I'd say draft him and then ask for a future second and #8 from Baltimore.

Comment

Well supposedly both Long's are off the board so apparently we're not getting Chris. I just really really hope the draft doesn't look like:

1. Miami- Jake Long
      2. St. Louis- Chris Long
      3. Atlanta- Glenn Dorsey
      5. Kansas City- Vernon Gholston...

well im confident that the jets will not let that heppen. Their are alot of rumors that they wanted 2 trade up and i think if they feel mcfadden long and gholston will be gone then they will trade up 2 kc or stl.

Comment

1. Miami- Jake Long
        2. St. Louis- Chris Long
        3. Atlanta- Glenn Dorsey
        5. Kansas City- Vernon Gholston

Maybe we find a trading partner for Ryan or Sed Ellis but I'm not sure we would and that puts us in a tough situation. As bad as that scenario would be, it looks like it's pretty realistic at the moment...
        ESPN Radio is saying that Atlanta will take Ryan and Oakland will take MCfadden. Which means if KC takes Vern we are smoked (worst possible scenario for us). Only thing would be to trade down to 10 with N'orleans who is supposedly hot for Dorsey. That way we could possibly grab another 2 or 3. That would also kill the Shockey to New Orleans talk too.
        J. MESS

Comment

• well i think that was the case that would mean dorsey is still their at 5 and i think kc would take him instead of gholston so lets hope 4 that

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
            well i think that was the case that would mean dorsey is still their at 5 and i think kc would take him instead of gholston so lets hope 4 that

you called it...Jets on the clock...cmon Gholston
            J. MESS

Comment

• got him....
              J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                Oh and just in case anyone didn't know, if D-Rob plays 65% of the snaps next season, we'll be getting a 3rd rounder from the Broncos.
                according to the Denver Post, if he doesnt play 65% of the snaps we get NOTHING, NADA,ZILCH!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9054630
                J. MESS

Comment

• gholston is what we were looking for, but the other guy makes absolutely no sense at all to trade up for him as a 1st rounder..i am in a total state of confusion right now. did the draft just happen, or am i dreaming? hopefully it's going to be saturday morning again.
                  "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by gio View Post
                    gholston is what we were looking for, but the other guy makes absolutely no sense at all to trade up for him as a 1st rounder..i am in a total state of confusion right now. did the draft just happen, or am i dreaming? hopefully it's going to be saturday morning again.
                    Keller is a good prospect, but I sure would have felt better if he was 6'5 and not 6'2. We still don't have much height in the receiving core (something I have been pleading for since Keyshawn was traded). But when it comes to grading the pick I guess my gut feeling is 4-12 teams don't trade up for Tight Ends.
                    J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                      Keller is a good prospect, but I sure would have felt better if he was 6'5 and not 6'2. We still don't have much height in the receiving core (something I have been pleading for since Keyshawn was traded). But when it comes to grading the pick I guess my gut feeling is 4-12 teams don't trade up for Tight Ends.
                      The Jets are a team without a lot of pressing needs atm. Just the same, I would have preferred if they had stayed where they were and either selected Limas Sweed or James Hardy. Because of his size, I have a feeling that the Jets just selected a bust of a tight end that they simply didn't need considering the ones already on the roster.

Again.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                        we have other needs besides TE, especially trading up for one. if you wanted a good prospect, take brandon flowers..he would have been much more valuable playing opposite revis instead of having a backup for bubba franks.. i dont get it.
                        "Somewhere in the world Ken O'Brien is laughing."

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                          The Jets are a team without a lot of pressing needs atm. Just the same, I would have preferred if they had stayed where they were and either selected Limas Sweed or James Hardy. Because of his size, I have a feeling that the Jets just selected a bust of a tight end that they simply didn't need considering the ones already on the roster.

Again.

Sweed was the guy I wanted or Devin Thomas...but alas we get an H-Back
                          J. MESS

Comment

• There's a big reason keller was selected above all of the WRs..he's better than them. If the WRs on the board were so good, they wouldn't have fallen so far down the draft board considering a lot of teams need a WR. It wasn't just our draft chart that didn't have them ranked as 1st rounders, but apparantly everyones. There were a lot of rumors and talks about the giants selecting keller; which means, a team that is very good at scouting talent was going to select a TE to replace the soon to be traded shockey. Keller is a very good athlete and seems to have as good of hands as any other reciever in the draft; i wouldn't make such a big deal over 2 inches (which is the difference between him and sweed and kelly) considering he has a 41 inch vert and weighs about 20+ pounds more than them. I would say his size and strength will create more mismatches than an extra 2 inches would have. Plus, it gives us the power to trade baker or do what we will with him.

I am very excited to see what this kid can do and hopefully stuckey can make an impact this year as well.

I am praying that we get Dre Moore or Red Bryant somehow in this draft;whethe they are there for our 4th or we trade up, we'll see.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Keller seems like he has the potential to be very productive for us. If anyone reads Scott's description of him, they'd know exactly why we picked him. Great intangibles, can line up all over the field, etc...

I'm excited about his potential, I just wish we had more picks. It would be amazing to get Dan Connor. I'm convinced that he can be a solid starter for a very long time, in just about any system.

Comment

• well in day 2 their are a few guys i really like. I like charles godfrey who i really want 2 be a jet next year but thats not looking 2 good. I like phillip wheeler, cliff avril, taveres gooden, josh barrett, and ray rice. I would be really happy if we traded for a 3rd rounder b/c i feel their is still alot of talent out their. But i think we really need 2 pick up a corner and godfrey would be a huge steal

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information