This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
    Last year was the first year in a while that we didn't split with the Bills. We always seem to never take 2 from them, no matter what.
    I don't think this year is going to be any different. I look at the Jets offseason, and then I look at the Bills offseason and I see a push with a lot of the major moves each team made. The only ones I don't see a corresponding acquisition to by the Bills are Faneca and Woody.

Kris Jenkins - Marcus Stroud
    Calvin Pace - Kawika Mitchell
    Vernon Gholston - Leondis McKelvin
    Dustin Keller - James Hardy

Comment

• You forgot Xavier Omon and Danny Woodhead.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Hey jets fans, who do you think is gonna be your starting QB this year?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• "Tom Brady, speaking on WEEI, intimated that he doesn't respect the Jets.
          Brady was talking about how he could accept losing to the Giants because he respected them so much. Then a follow up question was asked about what teams he didn't respect, "There's four letters in their name," Brady said. "Those green guys?" he was asked. "Yeah, exactly." Something tells us this quote is going to get some play before the Patriots-Jets Week 2 matchup. "

Not sure if ya'll saw that one, but man did that just add some intensity to that game coming up. I can only hope that gholston, pace and jenkins paste that above their locker and stare at it every day of the year. The only way to get respect is by winning. I'm sure sacking him 7 times wouldn't really lose our respect either.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• I could care less what Tom Brady thinks about the Jets.

What matters if we can beat them, and looking over the last couple of years I am pretty sure they have won mostly all the regular season games against us, with the one exception being the win I believe 2 years ago.

Bottom line is we got to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
              I could care less what Tom Brady thinks about the Jets.

What matters if we can beat them, and looking over the last couple of years I am pretty sure they have won mostly all the regular season games against us, with the one exception being the win I believe 2 years ago.

Bottom line is we got to win.
              I'm pretty sure Brady is 10-1 against us since becoming a starting quarterback. And i agree that the only way to get respect is to win and i hope we do.

What he says has no impact on how i feel about our team, but it certainly does validate my dislike for him. I know teams should always be amped for games, but it would be foolish to think that stuff like this doesn't help fuel them. I truly hope that sutton uses this to get gholston, pace etc. fired up for week 2. Let's just hope it doesn't cause them to look past the fins.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Since the forum is kinda dead, other than that brady quote here's a little survey about the Jets.

Starting QB:
                UDFA to make the team:
                Surprise Cut:
                Breakout/Comeback Player Offense:
                Breakout/Comeback Player Defense:
                Biggest Impact by a new Jet:

add more if you think of them
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Starting QB: Kellen Clemens
                  UDFA to make the team: Danny Woodhead
                  Surprise Cut: David Barret
                  Breakout/Comeback Player Offense: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
                  Breakout/Comeback Player Defense: Bryan Thomas
                  Biggest Impact by a new Jet: Dustin Keller or Alan Faneca
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Starting QB: Clemens
                    UDFA to make the team: Caulcrick
                    Surprise Cut: Jesse Chatman
                    Breakout/Comeback Player Offense: Cotchery
                    Breakout/Comeback Player Defense: Miller
                    Biggest Impact by a new Jet: Faneca
                    Surprise Signing: Woodhead

Chatman probably wont get cut. But theres no need for him. Hes a decent backup. With Jones and Leon starting, Caulcrick as the goalline back, and Woodhead for Leons backup.. Chatman will have no role.
                    Last edited by 'cuse-213; 05-14-2008, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Here's my take, nice idea:

Starting QB: Clemens
                      UDFA to make the team: Caulcrick
                      Surprise Cut: Barrett
                      Breakout/Comeback Player Offense: Brick
                      Breakout/Comeback Player Defense: Miller
                      Biggest Impact by a new Jet: Jenkins

If Pennington starts I'll cry.

For UDFA there's a few guys I think have a legit shot: Caulcrick, Woodhead, Rod Johnson, and Mattison just to name a few. I really hope that Caulcrick, Johnson, and Mattison make it since we could really use some help at those positions. Woodhead I love but he seems like too much of a Leon clone to make it IMO. Caulcrick just seems to offer us a different skill set than anything we have on offense and could really help us in goal line/short yardage which I think we desperately need, and ideally could develop into a starting FB long-term. I'd love to see Will Bullard make the team but I highly, highly doubt he does.

It'd be nice if somebody emerged and we could afford to cut Barton and start a youngester next to Harris. That said I agree with you, Barrett is the most likely cut. A dark horse to be a surprise cut is actually Thomas IMO, I think our fourth best OLB behind the Pace, Gholston, and Bowens. The only reason it's very unlikely is that I don't think we get any cap benefit from cutting him. That said, if some UDFA proves to be a lot more valuable than Thomas would be I wonder if it's possible.

Brick is obviously an ideal guy to break out on offense. Brad Smith would be a great break out guy, Leon could do it with increased carries, and Stuckey really could make an impact from the slot if he gets time IMO. The ideal breakout guy on offense is the guy that we both have as the answer to the first question.

Defensively I think Miller in a contract year with the #2 corner slot up for grabs is a good possibility to really break out. Wouldn't be shocked if he did and we let him walk in FA or franchised and traded him. Elam or Smith could break out at safety for us, and it'd be nice to see one of the younger DL's like Mosely or Kareem Brown break out but I think that's a long shot.

I think Jenkins on the inside will really free up guys to make plays on the ball. Harris especially should explode statistically this season, though we all know he's a tremendous player. Pace as a newcomer will make a pretty big impact I think, but more in coverage and against the run than getting after the passer. Faneca should help solidify our line so he's close to Jenkins but I think Woody will influence that as well. Gholston I see flashing great potential and coming on more at the end of the season, while Keller will make a consistant impact but not completely explode. I see Henry making some plays and Lowery doing the same but more few and far between. Ainge I hope doesn't get any PT, same with Garner, and the only FA I think could likely make an impact is Caulcrick in short yardage, while Woodhead could on returns and unless Johnson or Mattison explodes I don't see them doing a ton.

Comment

• Starting QB: Kellen Clemens
                        UDFA To Make Team: Danny Woodhead
                        Surprise Cut: Justin Miller
                        Breakout/Comeback Player Offense: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
                        Breakout/Comeback Player Defense: Eric Barton
                        Biggest Impact by a new Jet: Gholston/Dustin Keller

I think that Kellen is going to start. I believe that Tangini drafted him and is going to give him another shot with protection this time and a couple of more weapons to use. I don't care what you say, but that Kid got put into a situation with no healthy recievers and a O-line that is the equivalent of a Pop-Warner Football team. I think he is going to do it and I think he is going to be solid. I really believe he will make a difference this year and will show people why we put the eggs in the basket with him.

Justin Miller has trouble written all over him and I just see him getting the boot quick. He is a trouble maker and I won't be surprised if he gets the boot at training camp. I just don't see him making it.

D'Brick is the obvious answer with the signing of Faneca and im jumpin on the band wagon. I mean how could you not?! Faneca is always up there as one of the best in the NFL (also in madden :) ). I really think D'Brick will produce this year and we finally get our top 5 value. For Defense I think its going to be Barton. Why you may ask? I think that he is going to be very good with a piece of meat in front of him and I think he is goin to be great with David Harris on his side. I really see this bein a totally different team and I think Barton will start on the inside next to David harris and I think its going to be great. I think he is just one of those guys that can come out of no where.

As for the newest Jet thing. I am goin wtih Dustin Keller/Vernon Gholston. Keller is going to prove not only Scott Wright wrong but also every NFL Analyst wrong on why he wasn't a reach. I think he is going ot be a beast goin across the field and he is going to run people over. **** Dallas Clark becuase this kid is stronger and faster in my eyes. I hope he proves everyone wrong for me and the rest of us Jet fans. As for Gholston. I think he is going to be the situational Pass-Rushing guy this season and put up some great numbers for a rookie. I really think he is goin to cause trouble and he is going to get to do one thing he loves: KILL THE QB! I cannot wait to see this physical phenom line up and just own Tom Brady and put that asshole in a stretcher. So baby HERE WE COME! GANG GREEN 08!!!

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post

As for the newest Jet thing. I am goin wtih Dustin Keller/Vernon Gholston. Keller is going to prove not only Scott Wright wrong but also every NFL Analyst wrong on why he wasn't a reach. I think he is going ot be a beast goin across the field and he is going to run people over. **** Dallas Clark becuase this kid is stronger and faster in my eyes. I hope he proves everyone wrong for me and the rest of us Jet fans. As for Gholston. I think he is going to be the situational Pass-Rushing guy this season and put up some great numbers for a rookie. I really think he is goin to cause trouble and he is going to get to do one thing he loves: KILL THE QB! I cannot wait to see this physical phenom line up and just own Tom Brady and put that asshole in a stretcher
                          That's ****** up.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• I said this in another thread but I might as well say it here. I fully expect Scott to take a letter grade off his draft review of the Jets because they won their last game of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
                              I really think he is goin to cause trouble and he is going to get to do one thing he loves: KILL THE QB! I cannot wait to see this physical phenom line up and just own Tom Brady and put that asshole in a stretcher. So baby HERE WE COME! GANG GREEN 08!!!

Yeahhhh, I'm going to have to agree with bama here. I don't like Tom Brady, but he's one of the best QB's to ever play the game and if he were injured, the game as a whole would suffer for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                                That's ****** up.
                                What's so wrong?? I hear people get stretchers all the time when they strain their vagina, or is that not commenplace anymore??

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information