Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
    I said this in another thread but I might as well say it here. I fully expect Scott to take a letter grade off his draft review of the Jets because they won their last game of the season.
    Oh i do to and i think it's complete horseshiit. They clearly stated that chris long and gholston were there top 2 priorities and mcfadden was not really on their list, except to trade down. Teams that win the last game of the year have statistically been shown to have a better season the following year, plain and simple. Besides, i really don't put any type of stock into post draft analysis until you see the guys play the game.

    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      Yeahhhh, I'm going to have to agree with bama here. I don't like Tom Brady, but he's one of the best QB's to ever play the game and if he were injured, the game as a whole would suffer for it.
      Yea I completely disagree...

      in an article which is cited ...
      "Walsh said his illegal filming provided the Pats with valuable information. He said one of the Pats' quarterbacks told him they knew what plays to call 75-percent of the time."

      just in case you just missed it [I]75% OF THE TIME/I]"
      YEA HES AMAZING


      I wonder what pats QB would know those calls? matt cassell? who everyonein NE hates bc he's eerily similar to brady and they dont want to admit belichick made Brady who he is just like casell if he was the one who was quoted (although many sources at the daily news think its brady....despite this source being from the post)...Get off the Brady bandwagon.

      Be a Jets fan and look at the evidence Brady is not one the best of all time the Pats won Championships on defense and great trench games...Brady has always had time!...champsionships dont dictate good qbs if it were the case bradshaw would be the best...bad criteria...and if you think football woiuld fall apart wo brady you are too much of a # 12 fan...in case you didnt notice the falcons in prime time (one of the worst teams in the league) did a better number than the nba finals. SOOOO...thats my take.. as a JETS FAN I hear people diss Pennington saying he just dumps the ball off and is a short armed QB. Then the same people praise BRADY (despite 2 years ago when brady threw more screen passes than anyone in football)...NOT saying Chad is Brady im saying people and ESPN analysts are full of SH!%t and need to (as ryan seacrest says in KNOCKED UP) stop sucking on the TEET.

      THEY (THE PATRIOTS AND TOM BRADY) CHEATED...DONT TRY AND JUSTIFY IT....IT HAPPENED, EVERY TEAM SHOULD BE MAD BUT ISNT BC THEY JUST BUY ESPNS BULL (i live with it and know it for what it really is)


      http://www.nypost.com/seven/05172008...int_111188.htm
      Last edited by hcbrad08; 05-18-2008, 05:35 AM.
      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

      Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

      Comment


      • So, like everyone figured, Scott gave the jets a pretty low draft grade of B-. I generally don't care about post draft grades, becuase the players havn't even seen the field. Disregarding the fact that scott seems to be adament that the jets messed up winning their last game and that mcfadden seems to be on their list etc. the thing that was upsetting was that he failed to mention the aqcuisition of Kris Jenkins. He praised minny for getting Jared Allen and mentioned that you couldn't forget them using a draft pick to get the best pass rusher etc. but he fails to mention that the jets finally got a player who could potentially be the true NT there defense truly lacks.

        "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

        Comment


        • ya, Scott has been critiacal of the Jets for a little while now. One of u guys must have offended him.


          Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

          Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
            So, like everyone figured, Scott gave the jets a pretty low draft grade of B-. I generally don't care about post draft grades, becuase the players havn't even seen the field. Disregarding the fact that scott seems to be adament that the jets messed up winning their last game and that mcfadden seems to be on their list etc. the thing that was upsetting was that he failed to mention the aqcuisition of Kris Jenkins. He praised minny for getting Jared Allen and mentioned that you couldn't forget them using a draft pick to get the best pass rusher etc. but he fails to mention that the jets finally got a player who could potentially be the true NT there defense truly lacks.
            I was actually surprised at how high it was. I expected it to be lower. I think is assessment is fair, although your right about him not mentioning the trade for Jenkins.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
              So, like everyone figured, Scott gave the jets a pretty low draft grade of B-. I generally don't care about post draft grades, becuase the players havn't even seen the field. Disregarding the fact that scott seems to be adament that the jets messed up winning their last game and that mcfadden seems to be on their list etc. the thing that was upsetting was that he failed to mention the aqcuisition of Kris Jenkins. He praised minny for getting Jared Allen and mentioned that you couldn't forget them using a draft pick to get the best pass rusher etc. but he fails to mention that the jets finally got a player who could potentially be the true NT there defense truly lacks.
              Yea i dont understand why he continues to stress the fact we won a "meaningless" game. I never thought someone could actually see winning a game as a negative. Yea it moved them down on the draft board but no matter what the situation players want to compete and they want to win. It might seem meaningless to the average spectator but im certain it wasn't meaningless to the Jets or the Chiefs. Also, Gholston's a better pick than Mcfadden anyway. TJ had an abysmal oline in front of him Leon is pretty damn explosive (Pro bowl returner if we had a better rec. btw). Pass Rusher was a bigger need IMO. So if we were at 3 we wouldve either picked DMC and missed out on Gholston, picked Ryan when Clemens is more than capable and have to spend about 70 Million, or pay Gholston more $.

              Long post short- winning that last game was a much bigger positive than negative.

              (Scotts obviously a Pat fan btw...or someone pissed him off like the great vilma said)

              Comment


              • Musa Smith signs with the jets

                Comment


                • Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                  Musa Smith signs with the jets
                  ya, wtf is that? seriously, enough RB depth......i want the contract details


                  Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

                  Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

                  Comment


                  • Musa is awesome. If he climbs the depth chart, that is. But really, in theory, he's a younger Thomas Jones.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                      Musa is awesome. If he climbs the depth chart, that is. But really, in theory, he's a younger Thomas Jones.
                      I wouldn't go that far as Thomas Jones proved himself in Tampa and Chicago and Musa has not. Just the same, I like the signing and look foward to watching him and Chatman compete for a roster spot in the preseason.

                      Comment


                      • I think Musa could be a big help in short yardage/goal line situations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Naked Jehuty View Post
                          Yea i dont understand why he continues to stress the fact we won a "meaningless" game. I never thought someone could actually see winning a game as a negative. Yea it moved them down on the draft board but no matter what the situation players want to compete and they want to win. It might seem meaningless to the average spectator but im certain it wasn't meaningless to the Jets or the Chiefs. Also, Gholston's a better pick than Mcfadden anyway. TJ had an abysmal oline in front of him Leon is pretty damn explosive (Pro bowl returner if we had a better rec. btw). Pass Rusher was a bigger need IMO. So if we were at 3 we wouldve either picked DMC and missed out on Gholston, picked Ryan when Clemens is more than capable and have to spend about 70 Million, or pay Gholston more $.

                          Long post short- winning that last game was a much bigger positive than negative.

                          (Scotts obviously a Pat fan btw...or someone pissed him off like the great vilma said)
                          I agree that pass rusher was a bigger need and that Scott should have referenced Jenkins but all in all a B- isn't a bad grade so I don't have a problem with it.
                          J. MESS

                          Comment


                          • The signing of Musa isn't good for Danny Woodhead.

                            Cuts are still a few months away, but I am completely stumped as to who may be cut.
                            Last edited by TimD; 05-29-2008, 10:02 PM.
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                              The signing of Musa isn't good for Danny Woodhead.

                              Cuts are still a few months away, but I am completely stumped as to who may be cut.
                              In the NFL (as in life) things have a way of working themselves out.
                              J. MESS

                              Comment


                              • yep. our forum seems to have hit a slow patch.
                                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information