Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah schotty definitely cant do what he did last year, and i hope bill callahan is able to have enough authority to tell him to run the ball more

if gholston is able to perform at a high level, not even his full potential, just a high level, our D could be scary
    JETS

Comment

• Gholston just needs 2 show a little improvement and that will make me happy. Im praying that Rex and Pettine can get him going. And as 4 the offense I will be satisfied with a balanced offense that can limit the turnovers

Comment

• I just saw that Henry Ellard is the Jets new Wide Receivers coach. Very good signing for you guys, Ellard is a great coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
          I just saw that Henry Ellard is the Jets new Wide Receivers coach. Very good signing for you guys, Ellard is a great coach.
          Hopefully, the Jets will bring in some new wide receivers to go along with him early in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            Hopefully, the Jets will bring in some new wide receivers to go along with him early in the draft.
            Amen to that...most of us on this board have been wanting that for years,,
            J. MESS

Comment

• I would love to get a WR to replace coles but atleast we have cotch and stucky then keller who I think is gonna explode next year at TE. But coles is done and we need a speedy WR to streach the field and even though I love clowney he is a #3 at best we need a 1 or 2. Cotch at 1 stucky at 2 and clowney at 3 would not be terrible if they all prove they can step up and earn those spots but I would only be ok with that if we got a gamebreaker out RB lik Bennie who would help at the pass game

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                I would love to get a WR to replace coles but atleast we have cotch and stucky then keller who I think is gonna explode next year at TE. But coles is done and we need a speedy WR to streach the field and even though I love clowney he is a #3 at best we need a 1 or 2. Cotch at 1 stucky at 2 and clowney at 3 would not be terrible if they all prove they can step up and earn those spots but I would only be ok with that if we got a gamebreaker out RB lik Bennie who would help at the pass game
                i dont tink i would be okay goign in with those 3 as our WRs, i think there all 1 spot to high...cotch is a great #2...stuckey is a good #3 slot guy and id ton think hell be more...clowney as of now is a rotational 4 guy who i think could end up as a solid #3...if we could bring in someone tall like maybe ramses barden or soemthign thene ellard could teach him some of his tricks, but thats not for our gamebreaker thats just for a goal line red zone type guy...maybe DHD or britt? still prefer maclin though
                JETS

Comment

• just saw a rumor that we extended schotty...2 year extension, that supposviley will pay him 2 mill this year
                  JETS

Comment

• What is the deal with Marcus Henry? I would love to see a big body like him on the team. I know he was a practice squad guy all season though.

I think if we take a receiver it should be a high pick. We have so many "project" receivers, or guys with great potential, but we need someone now. So if round 3 goes and we don't have one yet, I'll be upset if we take one. I mean we already have Henry, Clowney, B. Smith, and Wallace. If we get a solid #1 or #2 guy than we'll have such deep receivers.
                    Last edited by TimD; 01-25-2009, 04:36 PM.
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                      just saw a rumor that we extended schotty...2 year extension, that supposviley will pay him 2 mill this year
                      I guess thats sports nowadays..whine a bit, threaten to quit (even though you are under contract) and get an extension. I guess it was well played by him.
                      J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                        I would love to get a WR to replace coles but atleast we have cotch and stucky then keller who I think is gonna explode next year at TE. But coles is done and we need a speedy WR to streach the field and even though I love clowney he is a #3 at best we need a 1 or 2. Cotch at 1 stucky at 2 and clowney at 3 would not be terrible if they all prove they can step up and earn those spots but I would only be ok with that if we got a gamebreaker out RB lik Bennie who would help at the pass game

I disagree, Cotchery, Stuckey and Clowney as 1,2,3 would be well below average. There is certainly potential but i dare say they would have one of the worst receivers in the league on paper. I know TJ Housh is a Free agent, and would fit in nicely (though we still need someone to stretch the field).

If we could trade Coles, what do you think the value would be?
                        J. MESS

Comment

• Imagine this:

Leon Washington lined up in the backfield next to whoever our QB is. All the way on the left we have Cotchery and Stuckey. Then we have Keller in the right slot. Lined up far right is the one and only Percy Harvin. I think the defense would **** themselves
                          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Percy is nasty but I'm just not sure he's polished enough to be able to run routes successfully and get separation. Perhaps he'd be alright if he's used in a gimmick role this season and can step into starting when Coles is gone, but I'm not sold he's going to be a #1 down the road and I don't think Cotchery is either. Harvin could be a fantastic compliment to a #1 with a little more possession in him. Could be a good fit and could be available with the injury/position concerns, though I think those are concerns for us as well. I'd prefer Maclin at this point though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                              Imagine this:

Leon Washington lined up in the backfield next to whoever our QB is. All the way on the left we have Cotchery and Stuckey. Then we have Keller in the right slot. Lined up far right is the one and only Percy Harvin. I think the defense would **** themselves
                              That is a nice thought, however, I don't love the idea of Harvin for a few reasons.
                              1. He is injury prone.
                              2. I don't see him as good value at 17.
                              3. I don't want to get a 1 dimensional receiver like he is. If i take a receiver high, I'm looking for a guy with size and speed that can be the true embodiment of a number 1 receiver. Harvin is more of a weapon guy that can go deep and also be a weapon on reverses etc, however, we already have a weapon guy in Leon as long as we use him.

I honestly think that our wr needs are slightly overrated. I believe we could definitely use one, however if we are going to be a run heavy team then having a strong receiving TE, a guy like Leon that can do it all, and tweaking our receivers we could be a really good offense. Cotchery is still a really good number 2, Coles is clearly not a number 1 anymore but he is passable still. Stuckey, Clowney, and Brad Smith have the potential to work as our slot receiver/deep threat.

Comment

• Our WR corps is pretty interesting. We've got lots of solid guys, but I really can't think of anybody in particular who gets play time, can catch the ball consistently, and has either great size or speed. Coles and Cotchery are adequate in both areas but nothing special, Stuckey is more quick than fast and not very big at all, Smith can't catch worth a damn, Clowney never sees the field, Wallace is more of a special teams guy, and Henry was a practice squad guy. I'd love to add somebody into the rotation who can consistently separate and stretch the field. I think it would really open up our offense, and towards the end of the season some of our struggles offensively had to do with WR's struggling to get open. Plus I don't see another potential starter on the roster for when Coles leaves unless Clowney or Henry explodes and I don't think we can afford to count on that.

All of that said, I'm not so sure we go in that direction in the draft this year. But I'd be happy with it if we did.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information