This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
    I disagree. First of all Vontae Davis scares the crap out of me, he got benched this year and is a huge boom or bust guy that I've got to imagine is going to bust. Second of all a good safety that won't get burned in coverage will allow Rhodes to roam more and could make up for some of the deficiencies opposite Revis in deep coverage. Our attacking defense will help too. I think Lowery deserves another chance to start this year, he'll never be a #1 but in the right situation could be a very good #2 for us.
    I agree on the Davis thing but if we got jenkins Rhodes could roam around either way with Revis and Jenkins playing man 2 man and elam back there. But no matter what we need someone in that secondary a S or CB would be just fine with me

Comment

Our WR corps is pretty interesting. We've got lots of solid guys, but I really can't think of anybody in particular who gets play time, can catch the ball consistently, and has either great size or speed. Coles and Cotchery are adequate in both areas but nothing special, Stuckey is more quick than fast and not very big at all, Smith can't catch worth a damn, Clowney never sees the field, Wallace is more of a special teams guy, and Henry was a practice squad guy. I'd love to add somebody into the rotation who can consistently separate and stretch the field. I think it would really open up our offense, and towards the end of the season some of our struggles offensively had to do with WR's struggling to get open. Plus I don't see another potential starter on the roster for when Coles leaves unless Clowney or Henry explodes and I don't think we can afford to count on that.

All of that said, I'm not so sure we go in that direction in the draft this year. But I'd be happy with it if we did.
      i agree with most of that except the clowney part...clowney didnt play because of injuries i really dont think it was him not seeing the field by choice it was his injuries...he was coming on great in camp and preseason, adn then got hurt...i was at the agme agaisnt buffalo when he came back...in the middle of the game, i see him on the field, turn to my brother and go o wow clowneys in watch him its goign to him right now, clowney burns the corner and is wide open deep, and of course favre throws this mediocre deep ball taht clowney makes an incredible play to catch for a big game...i really like the guy and stuckey too, but neither is that true playmaker and scary home run threat taht i thikn we need, especially for when coles is gone
      JETS

Comment

I disagree. First of all Vontae Davis scares the crap out of me, he got benched this year and is a huge boom or bust guy that I've got to imagine is going to bust. Second of all a good safety that won't get burned in coverage will allow Rhodes to roam more and could make up for some of the deficiencies opposite Revis in deep coverage. Our attacking defense will help too. I think Lowery deserves another chance to start this year, he'll never be a #1 but in the right situation could be a very good #2 for us.
        elam got burned way too many times for big plays this year and i really dont like him and agree about rhodes...lowery does deserve antoher chance, but i still think we need another guy to bring in because i really cant see him ever turning into a sure starter, more of a solid starter and has a big bust potential...i do think we should try him at safety a little too, and really wouldnt mind him and jim leonhard sharing the SS spot opposite rhodes
        JETS

Comment

• also someone mentioned it so i figured i woudl ask/chime in about josh freeman...if favre isnt back, i relaly wouldnt mind brinign the guy in in the late 1st or the 2nd...hes got pro style experience and size taht make me think he would be able to step in pretty soon...definitely not a top choice for me, but if things dont fall in to place with our QB situation and the rest of the draft, i definitely would be ok with it
          JETS

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
            also someone mentioned it so i figured i woudl ask/chime in about josh freeman...if favre isnt back, i relaly wouldnt mind brinign the guy in in the late 1st or the 2nd...hes got pro style experience and size taht make me think he would be able to step in pretty soon...definitely not a top choice for me, but if things dont fall in to place with our QB situation and the rest of the draft, i definitely would be ok with it
            Im not high on drafting a QB early. I just feel that 1 of our young guys can step up. Drafting a QB in round 4 or 5 wouldnt be bad so we can let him compete but in the 1st 3 rounds I think we have 2 go after S, CB, DE, WE, ILB, and even HB more than QB. I really have a good feeling about Ratliff and if we can put another playmaker in our offense (WR or HB) I think he can produce.

Comment

• On the subject of our WR, I must say Smith has not really shown too much over the years. Stuckey has shown some ability and the jury is still out on Clowney because he did not play much. I think this is a position that needs to be addressed. Thats why trading down for an extra pick or two is the direction I think we need to go in. After WR, we have needs at CB, S, LB, OL depth, and most likely QB
              J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                i agree with most of that except the clowney part...clowney didnt play because of injuries i really dont think it was him not seeing the field by choice it was his injuries...he was coming on great in camp and preseason, adn then got hurt...i was at the agme agaisnt buffalo when he came back...in the middle of the game, i see him on the field, turn to my brother and go o wow clowneys in watch him its goign to him right now, clowney burns the corner and is wide open deep, and of course favre throws this mediocre deep ball taht clowney makes an incredible play to catch for a big game...i really like the guy and stuckey too, but neither is that true playmaker and scary home run threat taht i thikn we need, especially for when coles is gone
                I like Clowney as well I just don't think we're safe relying on him to be a starter at any point in his career. If he surprises us fine, but if not our WR corps ends up looking pretty mediocre. That's basically all I was trying to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                  I agree on the Davis thing but if we got jenkins Rhodes could roam around either way with Revis and Jenkins playing man 2 man and elam back there. But no matter what we need someone in that secondary a S or CB would be just fine with me
                  Jenkins would be the exception to the rule in that case. If he slips to us you obviously can't pass it up, but otherwise I think we wait till more of the mid-rounds to draft a corner or do so in a trade down. I just don't see anyone else that would have good value at 17.

Originally posted by nyjets5125 View Post
                  elam got burned way too many times for big plays this year and i really dont like him and agree about rhodes...lowery does deserve antoher chance, but i still think we need another guy to bring in because i really cant see him ever turning into a sure starter, more of a solid starter and has a big bust potential...i do think we should try him at safety a little too, and really wouldnt mind him and jim leonhard sharing the SS spot opposite rhodes
                  Right I don't really like Elam either and would like to bring in a new safety to start next to Rhodes. Hopefully that guy could cover for some of the deficiencies of Lowery who has the potential to develop into a solid starter IMO especially with a pass rush.

As for bringing in another guy maybe in the mid-rounds but of all of the needs we have (WR, ILB, S, QB, CB, DE) corner is the position I'm most comfortable with a young guy at the position who can start in Lowery. QB and WR I don't think should be addressed unless it's early because we already have enough mediocre talented guys who could step up and outplay their draft position. Defensive end we have no youth, ILB and safety are huge question marks, so those two positions along with either QB or WR (preferably WR) should be addressed early IMO along with maybe DE or a bruising back. I just don't see room to draft a corner early unless it's a stud like Jenkins, and he's basically the only stud in the draft and should be long gone by our pick unless he runs like a 4.55.

Comment

• IMO I think we should get someone on offense in the 1st round and then defense in the 2nd. I dont think Farve will be back and we would need to either get a top QB or a playmaker to put around Ratliff or Clemens.

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                      IMO I think we should get someone on offense in the 1st round and then defense in the 2nd. I dont think Farve will be back and we would need to either get a top QB or a playmaker to put around Ratliff or Clemens.
                      I disagree. I think that Ryan will look to put his staple on this defense by trying to draft a leader (Delmas, Maualaga, Jackson). If you look at our D, we don't have a Ray Lewis or Brian Dawkins type of leader, and I think it is something Ryan covets. I would look for D in round 1, maybe round 2, followed by O in the later rounds

Sig by Me

Comment

• I know this won't happen, but I'd like to see us trade our first for a first next year, then trade our second and third to move up into that late first-early second area to draft defense.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                          I know this won't happen, but I'd like to see us trade our first for a first next year, then trade our second and third to move up into that late first-early second area to draft defense.
                          i wouldnt mind that if we trade our first to a team taht we konw will be bad next year so were in the running to draft a QB...other than bradford mccoy and i guess tebow, who are some top 2010 QB prospects...cant think of any big names off the top of my head but im sure im missing somebody
                          JETS

Comment

• I would love 2 get Mccoy next year hes an absolute beast. Thats not a bad idea I wouldnt mind something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                              I disagree. I think that Ryan will look to put his staple on this defense by trying to draft a leader (Delmas, Maualaga, Jackson). If you look at our D, we don't have a Ray Lewis or Brian Dawkins type of leader, and I think it is something Ryan covets. I would look for D in round 1, maybe round 2, followed by O in the later rounds
                              And I didnt mean that I think were going 2 go offense I just meant I wanted 2 go offense in the 1st round. But I agree with you that Rex is going 2 draft his future leader on D in the 1st round. Rey would be a nice fit

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                                I know this won't happen, but I'd like to see us trade our first for a first next year, then trade our second and third to move up into that late first-early second area to draft defense.
                                I could dig that. I mean realistically we're looking at drafting a safety or an inside linebacker in all likelihood, maybe Tyson Jackson in that range also or a corner. But if we fill a need or two in FA that could make sense. Not really sure I like this year too much and having two firsts could make sense. Keep in mind we'll usually trade to see where the value is (the year where we basically gave up the house to get Revis and Harris because value really dropped off after 45 or so) so if we think this year is weak in positions we need but next year could be strong where we need it's not THAT unrealistic.

As for QB's next year Jevan Snead will probably be up there as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information