This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nvot9
    Mmkay, first of all, Askew sucks. There's a reason he's only started 6 career games in 4 years, and there's a reason he accumulated a 1.8 ypc this year. We need a guy like leonard because With the "emergence" of Leon Washington, we will need a compliment back, a bruiser, someone who can break tackles, someone who can block, someone who's intelligent, and most of all, someone who can score. He's extremely powerful and athletic and is a dynamic player.

As for Shaun Ellis, he's not a 3-4 DE. He had a miserale year in '05 and wasn't exactly what we all though he would be this year either. He looked decent against the run, but I'd like someone who's more stout and who can make plays in the back-field.
    About an very misplaced statement: FB and RB are not "virtually the same thing" FB is much more of a blocker and no FB since Alstott has really been a true impact playmaker like a RB. Leonard would be a good 3rd rounder 2nd is too high he had padded stats against bad competition earlier in his college career and had a lot of short TDs.

As for the coments about Ellis not being a 3-4 DE that is bull, he had a great season and if he had another DE so he and Dewyane wouldn't be double teamed every play he would have had a flashier season. HE IS NOT ALMOST DONE hes still in his 20's.

The jets SHOULD NOT WASTE an early 2nd rounder on Leonard he;s good but not the guy they need. Tony Hunt is a much better fit and less of a reach in the 2nd.

Best luck for the Jets would be to get Marshawn Lynch somehow without giving too much or anything up for him.

Jets Needs in order (fits for the Jets...a combonation of them obviously)
    RB (Lynch / Hunt)
    DT/DE (Okoye/ Anderson / Carriker/ Tyler)
    CB (Asante (FA) / Clements (FA) / Ross / Bennet)
    OT (Ugoh / Sears / Frye)
    WR (Ginn / Bowe/ Meachem / Higgins)
    OG (Blalock / Ramirez)
    LB (Bruce)
    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• I think what you said right there is the plan we should be undertaking. :D

Comment

• Hey guys, just wondering if this is a totally rediculous idea...

Does anyone think that Dwight Freeney, who is a FA, could fit into our system somehow, as a pass rushing OLB? I know he'd be expensive and this is probably a stupid question, but just wanted to see what everyone thought...

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08
          Originally posted by nvot9
          Mmkay, first of all, Askew sucks. There's a reason he's only started 6 career games in 4 years, and there's a reason he accumulated a 1.8 ypc this year. We need a guy like leonard because With the "emergence" of Leon Washington, we will need a compliment back, a bruiser, someone who can break tackles, someone who can block, someone who's intelligent, and most of all, someone who can score. He's extremely powerful and athletic and is a dynamic player.

As for Shaun Ellis, he's not a 3-4 DE. He had a miserale year in '05 and wasn't exactly what we all though he would be this year either. He looked decent against the run, but I'd like someone who's more stout and who can make plays in the back-field.
          About an very misplaced statement: FB and RB are not "virtually the same thing" FB is much more of a blocker and no FB since Alstott has really been a true impact playmaker like a RB. Leonard would be a good 3rd rounder 2nd is too high he had padded stats against bad competition earlier in his college career and had a lot of short TDs.

As for the coments about Ellis not being a 3-4 DE that is bull, he had a great season and if he had another DE so he and Dewyane wouldn't be double teamed every play he would have had a flashier season. HE IS NOT ALMOST DONE hes still in his 20's.

The jets SHOULD NOT WASTE an early 2nd rounder on Leonard he;s good but not the guy they need. Tony Hunt is a much better fit and less of a reach in the 2nd.

Best luck for the Jets would be to get Marshawn Lynch somehow without giving too much or anything up for him.

Jets Needs in order (fits for the Jets...a combonation of them obviously)
          RB (Lynch / Hunt)
          DT/DE (Okoye/ Anderson / Carriker/ Tyler)
          CB (Asante (FA) / Clements (FA) / Ross / Bennet)
          OT (Ugoh / Sears / Frye)
          WR (Ginn / Bowe/ Meachem / Higgins)
          OG (Blalock / Ramirez)
          LB (Bruce)
          i agree with u exactly. leonard would be a dumb pick, becus FB is not our priority right now. as u said, tony hunt/michael bush would work better. and also as u said ellis is the man. the only thing is, i think lynch would be a bad pick. id rather see a big bulky back that would be the opposite of leon, becus then ud have the whole spectrum of running styles covered

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by disgruntledjetsfan
            Hey guys, just wondering if this is a totally rediculous idea...

Does anyone think that Dwight Freeney, who is a FA, could fit into our system somehow, as a pass rushing OLB? I know he'd be expensive and this is probably a stupid question, but just wanted to see what everyone thought...
            i think that there is a 0% chance that the jets sign freeney. mangini uses belichick's cheap methods of signing lowkey guys and grooming them into stars. freeney would not be signed, and ESPECIALLY he would never be moved to OLB

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• tedd ginn jr. is an absolutely dumb pick. in the nfl he will never be more than a decent WR and a good KR/PR. the jets are fine for now at WR. DT amobi okoye is the way to go round 1

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• now that troy smith will probably slip to round 2, PLEASE dont talk about him going to the jets. if the jets draft him, i will probably become a dolphins fan

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Iv'e been reading some of nyjetsguy27's posts and i couldn't agree more with everything he says. This kid is the real deal. If you want advice for draft this is the kid to ask!

Amobi Okoye DT - Excellent

Comment

• Originally posted by The Swamp
                    Iv'e been reading some of nyjetsguy27's posts and i couldn't agree more with everything he says. This kid is the real deal. If you want advice for draft this is the kid to ask!

Amobi Okoye DT - Excellent
                    ummmmmm thanks? yah okoye, hunt/bush, revis-thats the way to go

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• How do you think the Jets Run Defense will be if they draft Amobi Okoye?

Also iv'e heard rumors of the jets trading vilma for portis? Is this true

Comment

• Originally posted by The Swamp
                        How do you think the Jets Run Defense will be if they draft Amobi Okoye?

im sure that the redskins are more open to getting rid of portis with the way that ladell betts has stepped in this year, but even still i think that they would never accept a trade for just vilma. maybe if we threw in draft picks they would. but personally i think that we can get a good enough RB in the draft and we dont need to trade away our allstar LB for him. and i think okoye alone would totally transform the run d. also, with an additional year of getting to no the 3-4, i think the jets run d will be great. he will also help the pass rush too

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                          Originally posted by The Swamp

im sure that the redskins are more open to getting rid of portis with the way that ladell betts has stepped in this year, but even still i think that they would never accept a trade for just vilma. maybe if we threw in draft picks they would. but personally i think that we can get a good enough RB in the draft and we dont need to trade away our allstar LB for him. and i think okoye alone would totally transform the run d. also, with an additional year of getting to no the 3-4, i think the jets run d will be great. he will also help the pass rush too
                          Vilma is much more valuable than Portis... I wouldn't trade him straight up, nevermind if we through in other things.

Anyways, I hear rumours about Denver taking Okoye... who thinks we might actually trade up to get him?

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp
                            Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                            Originally posted by The Swamp

Vilma is much more valuable than Portis... I wouldn't trade him straight up, nevermind if we through in other things.

Anyways, I hear rumours about Denver taking Okoye... who thinks we might actually trade up to get him?
                            Where did you hear that rumor about a vilma/portis trade? Seriously I want to know! Vilma led the Jets in tackles and calls the defense Mangini being a Defensive minded guy wouldn't trade his Defensive all pro QB for something they need that could be plugged in the draft.

Mike Tannenbaum announced that the Jets will be trying to improve the team through the draft more than FA. Papers are saying since Tannenbaum is a cap guy and Mangini comes from NE where they dont pay FA huge money the Jets won't give big money to a guy like Turner or Samuels (even though Samuels would be great).

On the comments about Okoye I think he's good and going to be better but not worth trading away picks especially if the team is going to improve via the draft. Also check it out through Mel Kiper on weight Okoye's less than 300 lbs. NFLDC while great for giving roster heights and weights Kiper gives measurements

Obviously the NFL season hasn't even finished but Sante is going to command big money out of NE especially if he plays well down the stretch and I personally think the Jets could go CB 1st now since Denver among many other teams will be interested and in a better position to tak okoye so the Jets unless they trade down to get even more picks (which is not impossible) might take the best available which could be a CB maybe even a WR IF AND ONLY IF a GREAT one falls (dont get upset Its very DOUBTFUL).

I was down on him before but if Carriker is available in the 2nd (preferably late 2nd) and the Jets can get Dewayne to perform like a true NT then he might be a fit. I wouldn't be upset if they dont go DT 1st because their are 2 HUGE guys later in the draft (Solai, Doughtey) they might be able to plug in.

START LISTING DREAM JETS DRAFTS
                            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• I think I'm going to be the only one who thinks this and might get a lot of slack for this, but if we traded up for anyone I'd want it to be Marshawn. Leon is NOT an everydown back. As good as Bush could be, with his injury, he's as risky as it gets. Lynch and Peterson are IMO the only two complete backs in this draft so if we could get one of them it would be amazing and really help our running game. That would make it so much easier for Chad, because this whole year we've had to set up the run with the pass and it's really been very hard, when it should be the opposite.

P.S. I like Tony Hunt but I really don't think he has much starting potential also, I see him just as a 3rd down bruiser. If we took anyone in the second, I'd want it to be Leonard because he could help so much in both the running and passing game. And as of right now, his stock is higher than Hunt's or probably Bushes. So for any of you who are saying Leonard in the second is a reach, then Hunt is definately a reach at pick 40.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• I think we take Okoye if he is available there, if not, we take Lynch if he's available. If none of those two people fall, we take a shut down cornerback like McCauley.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information