Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For some reason I dont think moving Hobson to the inside is a smart move. I think he had a really good year and proved himself this year. Peronsally I hate Hobson and I dont know why I just hate him, but he has proved that he is definatley worthy of that spot. I dont htink it's a smart move. IMO, we have bigger needs then an OLB as of now.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by vilma
      what about Jarvis Moss as a OLB and moving Hobson inside. You can never have enough pass rushers
      i just think that we have more important needs than "additional" pass rushing LBs right now. such as DE, CB, RB

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Nyjetsguy? Quick question what city are you 50 miles east from???

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Can we stop talking about Lynch,there is such a small chance that he actually falls to us. If we get him it will be one of those tings u cant plan for because something really really weird happened. If Lynch were available at 24 I'd take him in a heartbeat, but he just won't be there unless he does something stupid, and if he does something that stupid then I don't want him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
            1. Brian Leonard is a perfect fit. Hes from the area, he is a leader, a bruiser, and a H-Back.
            2. Don't get Marshawn. Looks good, smells good, seems good, but we can put it off for another year with a bruiser in the system. Wait till the sophmore running backs come out. We can always either trade up then or possibly land one of the Big 3: Slaton, McFadden, Rice. Ray Rice would be interesting to see if we got both him and Leonard to stay in Joisey.
            3. DRAFT O-LINE. Alright, Pete Kendall is a solid o-lineman. But, he is aging and is reaching the end of the career. I'd rather once again not take the sexy pick and draft an o-line. If we are gonna be monsters up front our running backs are gonna look like studs. Take a look at Denver. Part because of the offensive play calling, part because their O-line is incredible. Blaylock is the smart way to go. We need a guard, and our O-line wont even be a question for multiple years.
            4. DRAFT D-Line. Id rather work on Offense first because as of now, I believe we dont have any power and our offense needs more work. D-Line is another thing that we need to draft. I dont believe we are going to get a NT this year so everyone should stop mentioning. Okoye gets smaller each day between what scott says and what Mel Kiper says so. By the time the draft comes around his hieght and weight is going to be 6'1 190 lbs. Karriker could be a wise move, but I wouldnt go trigger happy with him. Take him a little deeper into the draft.
            5. Don't Draft McCauley. Look I know im gonna get eaten up for this comment, but guys our secondary isn't a main priority. If we sign Asante that would be huge. He knows the system and is great at doing it. Our secondary gets flashes from both Barret and Dyson. Both these guys could get a little better. Dyson did have a bunch of picks this year and we see little signs of Barret here and there. I like Justin Miller because he is still young. The question is though, will he be anything more then a returner? Thats what I hate thinking about.
            clearly no one saw what i said...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Nyjetsguy? Quick question what city are you 50 miles east from???
              my name is nyjetsguy, so you can take an educated guess that i am somewhere in the ny/nj area. the only huge city near us is NYC. i live 50 miles east of NYC on long island

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• thats how we rep my man....im an island guy as well...but im more of 15 miles from the greatest city on earth...

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm more like 0 miles from the greatest city on earth.

Comment

I responded but didnt want to quote that whole long ass thing, some stuff specifically about Leonard ive said that i agree with o line as well, you can go back and read my comment about Lynch. Mccauley is too physically imposing to merely write off, just because it isnt our biggest need in our scheme, doesnt mean we shouldnt take a potential superstar if he falls to us. As for D Line, sure, everyone has said we should go after okoye or carriker or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039
                      Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                      I responded but didnt want to quote that whole long ass thing, some stuff specifically about Leonard ive said that i agree with o line as well, you can go back and read my comment about Lynch. Mccauley is too physically imposing to merely write off, just because it isnt our biggest need in our scheme, doesnt mean we shouldnt take a potential superstar if he falls to us. As for D Line, sure, everyone has said we should go after okoye or carriker or whatever.
                      We are drafting defense first round, you can take that to the bank.

^^Sig From Nvot9
                      J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                        Originally posted by josh07039
                        I've got to tell you I disagree. It completely depends who falls to us. No way we're taking a defensive lineman in the first because there are no good 3-4 fits besides Branch who will be gone. I doubt we take a linebacker, defensive back will be left alone in the first because we play zone unless a stud falls to us. Offense we could draft line and although I wouldn't be too excited about it I could see us drafting a tight end. A bruising RB is a possibility depending on who rises/falls come draft day. Honestly I see us trading out of the first. But although defense is a very strong possibility, I don't really see any good fits and think that choosing defense in the first is far from a lock right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222
                          Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                          Originally posted by josh07039
                          I've got to tell you I disagree. It completely depends who falls to us. No way we're taking a defensive lineman in the first because there are no good 3-4 fits besides Branch who will be gone. I doubt we take a linebacker, defensive back will be left alone in the first because we play zone unless a stud falls to us. Offense we could draft line and although I wouldn't be too excited about it I could see us drafting a tight end. A bruising RB is a possibility depending on who rises/falls come draft day. Honestly I see us trading out of the first. But although defense is a very strong possibility, I don't really see any good fits and think that choosing defense in the first is far from a lock right now.
                          what would you think about like giving up everything, like both our 2nds, maybe a 1st next year, to get alan branch....let's face it, he could make us an elite team----i know it's unlikely with Mangini and with what we did with Dewayne a few years back trading up for him, but itd be awesome to see him on our team

^^Sig From Nvot9
                          J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222
                            I could see us drafting a tight end.
                            THERE IS NO WAY THE JETS DRAFT A TE AT ALL LET ALONE IN THE FIRST! I don't mean to get on you that much but why would Mangini/Tannenbaum draft a TE? read Cannizero's article about what the Jets should fix, one of those key ingredients is getting Chris Baker a sure handed play mkaing TE the ball more.

Baker can Block and make great catches.
                            Jets should draft whatever is bets in the 1st and if value isn't there trade down and get more picks.
                            From the 2nd and on the picks are a little easier to pick out
                            -2a:RB/OL
                            -2b:OL/RB
                            -2c:DE/DT
                            -3:CB
                            -4:WR
                            -5:DL
                            -6:LB
                            -7:OL

what would you think about like giving up everything, like both our 2nds, maybe a 1st next year, to get alan branch....let's face it, he could make us an elite team----i know it's unlikely with Mangini and with what we did with Dewayne a few years back trading up for him, but itd be awesome to see him on our team
                            Oh My GOD NOOOOOO!!!!! If you think Alan Branch will make the Jets an ELITE team you are dreaming! Branch is not worth trading up for AT ALL! he will not be a true NT despite his weight ( NT's aren't usually 6'6 the proportion is bad for the 3-4). And would be a horrible fit for the jets. He did not play well against top competition and is extremely overrated the Jets should not trade up at all in the 1st or give away picks this year or next year.

ALAN BRANCH= waste of picks for the Jets
                            don't just go by what the rnakings say he's not a GREAT player he played on a GREAT team but was surrounded by great guys and if you look at the Ohio St. and USC games besides his fumble recoveries which were lucky he had no impact. His stats weren't great either, I like okoye at 25 not trading up bc he commands more of a double team and can shed it Branch just played for Michigan and was a big guy who couldn't get past the double team in college which does not translate unlike Okoyes 8 sacks and tackles for loss. You;re heart is in the right place but the Jets cant give up that much depite playing disciplined they still had holes this year which would be better filled with more picks and plus Tannenbaum announced they want to develope through the draft so I doubt they'll trade up and waste picks.
                            QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Any trades you guys are lookin at for the GM Mock that we should go for?

- I'd rather not trade for a CB, rather make a strong push for Asante Samuel.
                              - I think we should put Victor Hobson on the trading block and make a really strong push for Adalius Thomas as well, or trade for a rush OLB.
                              - Going for an NT and Carriker in the Draft might be the best idea.
                              Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by hcbrad08
                                Originally posted by derza222
                                I could see us drafting a tight end.
                                THERE IS NO WAY THE JETS DRAFT A TE AT ALL LET ALONE IN THE FIRST! I don't mean to get on you that much but why would Mangini/Tannenbaum draft a TE? read Cannizero's article about what the Jets should fix, one of those key ingredients is getting Chris Baker a sure handed play mkaing TE the ball more.

Baker can Block and make great catches.
                                Jets should draft whatever is bets in the 1st and if value isn't there trade down and get more picks.
                                From the 2nd and on the picks are a little easier to pick out
                                -2a:RB/OL
                                -2b:OL/RB
                                -2c:DE/DT
                                -3:CB
                                -4:WR
                                -5:DL
                                -6:LB
                                -7:OL

Oh My GOD NOOOOOO!!!!! If you think Alan Branch will make the Jets an ELITE team you are dreaming! Branch is not worth trading up for AT ALL! he will not be a true NT despite his weight ( NT's aren't usually 6'6 the proportion is bad for the 3-4). And would be a horrible fit for the jets. He did not play well against top competition and is extremely overrated the Jets should not trade up at all in the 1st or give away picks this year or next year.

ALAN BRANCH= waste of picks for the Jets
                                don't just go by what the rnakings say he's not a GREAT player he played on a GREAT team but was surrounded by great guys and if you look at the Ohio St. and USC games besides his fumble recoveries which were lucky he had no impact. His stats weren't great either, I like okoye at 25 not trading up bc he commands more of a double team and can shed it Branch just played for Michigan and was a big guy who couldn't get past the double team in college which does not translate unlike Okoyes 8 sacks and tackles for loss. You;re heart is in the right place but the Jets cant give up that much depite playing disciplined they still had holes this year which would be better filled with more picks and plus Tannenbaum announced they want to develope through the draft so I doubt they'll trade up and waste picks.
                                I enjoy the fact that you completely left out me saying I wouldn't be too excited about drafting a tight end. Tight ends are important from where both Schotty and Mangini come from, Miller is good value late in the first, and Baker is good but not elite. I could see us drafting a tight end, and while I'd rather go in other directions having a Todd Heap type guy couldn't hurt I guess.

As far as Branch goes, I'd rather not trade up for anybody but if we were to trade up for one player he's the guy. I'm just not sure we'll have the juice to get it done. I'd still rather not trade up for anyone though. We need all the picks we can get.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information