This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
    hopefully we can keep Schottenheimer, cuz he'll know if Turner is an everydown back/if he is worth a first rounder.
    thats a good point, if anyone knows about turner, its him. in newsday today they said that the 3 finalists are the georgia tech HC, jim mora jr, and schotty. hopefully they go with the big name and take mora, but you never know. as for turner, they most id be willing to give up for him is our #1 second rounder, i think our first rounder would be stupid

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• I'd be willing to give up our late second for Turner, but not much more. Everyone knows that every year there are a bunch of good backs. Running back is the easiest position to replace, and generally has the lowest learning curve.

Comment

• im all for drafting Gary Russell in the 5th rd and hoping he turns into a very good pro back who compliemts Leon well. Minnesota backs have been very successful recentley and the 1 yr in which Russell got a full season of carries he avergaed over 6 yrds per carry. He also has good size (5-11, 220) and speed (4.45) (I got those measurments of another message board). Also, hopefully we can use McCariens as bait to get an extra 2nd rd pick or as part of a deal for Turner and with the extra pick acquired draft a guy like Meachem or Gonzalez to replace McCareines. It would also save us some cap space for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by vilma
          im all for drafting Gary Russell in the 5th rd and hoping he turns into a very good pro back who compliemts Leon well. Minnesota backs have been very successful recentley and the 1 yr in which Russell got a full season of carries he avergaed over 6 yrds per carry. He also has good size (5-11, 220) and speed (4.45) (I got those measurments of another message board). Also, hopefully we can use McCariens as bait to get an extra 2nd rd pick or as part of a deal for Turner and with the extra pick acquired draft a guy like Meachem or Gonzalez to replace McCareines. It would also save us some cap space for the future.
          i second this and cotchery is too valuable to trade and turner is not worth a 1st round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by vilma
            im all for drafting Gary Russell in the 5th rd and hoping he turns into a very good pro back who compliemts Leon well. Minnesota backs have been very successful recentley and the 1 yr in which Russell got a full season of carries he avergaed over 6 yrds per carry. He also has good size (5-11, 220) and speed (4.45) (I got those measurments of another message board). Also, hopefully we can use McCariens as bait to get an extra 2nd rd pick or as part of a deal for Turner and with the extra pick acquired draft a guy like Meachem or Gonzalez to replace McCareines. It would also save us some cap space for the future.
            i doubt we can still get a 2nd for McCariens though i'd have no objections to trading him or getting Meachem or Gonzo

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick
              Originally posted by vilma
              i doubt we can still get a 2nd for McCariens though i'd have no objections to trading him or getting Meachem or Gonzo
              we might be able to get a late 2nd from a team like San Diego who has a terrible recieving courp and dosent have many other needs or Tampa Bay who has indys pick and could use some more talent at reciever but its not a big enough need to use their earlier 2nd.

Comment

i agree. its not like other GMs are dumb, they know how bad mccareins actually is. i think a best case scenario for him would be a 3rd/4th rounder

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• i notice alot of you think coleman is still at the level he was his rookie season. how could you think that? hes dropped alot. saftey is somewhat of a need. if weddle is there in the 2nd, hes ours.

if we dont pick up one, eric smith will be starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                    Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick
                    i agree. its not like other GMs are dumb, they know how bad mccareins actually is. i think a best case scenario for him would be a 3rd/4th rounder
                    The best case scenario is more like a 5th rounder...

Comment

• I agree with a ton of the things people are saying, I'd rather trade the first for more picks this and next year, earliest I'd give up for Turner is the late second, I think Gary Russell would be an awesome idea (although he couldn't play this year for some reason, that could turn Mangini off), and Coleman is definitely not the same player he was his first season, although I think he may continue to start regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222
                        I agree with a ton of the things people are saying, I'd rather trade the first for more picks this and next year, earliest I'd give up for Turner is the late second, I think Gary Russell would be an awesome idea (although he couldn't play this year for some reason, that could turn Mangini off), and Coleman is definitely not the same player he was his first season, although I think he may continue to start regardless.
                        safety definately isn't a need, even when coleman isn't playing great, Eric Smith stepped in and played alright.

Also does Schlegel officially suck, bc if he does maybe we can get another 3-4 ILB to compliment Vilma, but someone that is big. I don't love Barton much anymore.

^^Sig From Nvot9
                        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Schotty is staying!!!! :D :D

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Schotty's name is off the board for Dolphin's Coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

Schotty is staying!!!! :D :D
                              Good. We need some damn continuity.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2732215

I'm so happy. Good choice Shotty!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information