Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that was scary for a tad..if we lost him to Miami. The thing that scares me is if he was almost willing to be a head coach this year what does the future store?

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
      Originally posted by derza222
      I agree with a ton of the things people are saying, I'd rather trade the first for more picks this and next year, earliest I'd give up for Turner is the late second, I think Gary Russell would be an awesome idea (although he couldn't play this year for some reason, that could turn Mangini off), and Coleman is definitely not the same player he was his first season, although I think he may continue to start regardless.
      safety definately isn't a need, even when coleman isn't playing great, Eric Smith stepped in and played alright.

Also does Schlegel officially suck, bc if he does maybe we can get another 3-4 ILB to compliment Vilma, but someone that is big. I don't love Barton much anymore.
      Never said safety was a need, just that Coleman is overrated by people on this board. I even said he'd continue to start. Another ILB compliment would be nice, David Harris?

And I'm very, very glad Schottenheimer is staying.

Comment

• i think that at worst coleman is a decent safety, and normally hes pretty good. even is he is only decent, eric smith showed a lottttttt of promise this past season, and i think hell be great too. a day one pick on safety would be the dumbest move in the history of the jets. good news about schotty, i love his system

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• I think our safety's are perfect for where we are right now to be honest. Kerry Rhodes had an incredible year and Erik Coleman had a solid year for the most part. I think becuase he had an incredible rookie year, our standards for him are a litlte higher then they should be. He still gets the job done and there is nothing more id really like to see out of him. A guy I see us drafting for some reason is HB Blades. For some reason I can just see him in a Jets jersey. I dont know why but I do. I know he is probably no where on the Mangini list do to the higher needs we have, but I just picture it.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• i am now saying:

1-carriker
            2a-mccauley
            2b-bush

what does everyone think about possible meachem in round 3. we only have 2 WRs, and coles gets banged up way too much. a good #3 could reallllllly help out the pass. 2 things... do you think hell be around round 3, and do you think hell be good?

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• i just noticed that in this entire jets thread, no one has talked about kerry rhodes non appearance to the probowl. he led all AFC safetys in sacks, ints, and i think tackles, and he doesnt make it. and its not like hes some unheard of guy, hes a big name now. i saw a interview with kerry a while back and the lady asked him "when did you know you'd be the real deal in the NFL?" he said "against the colts this year when 4 or 5 times during the course of the game manning would point to me and say WATCH KERRY... PICK UP KERRY" kerry rhodes is by far the best safety in the nfl, and he got cheated out of the probowl, period.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                i am now saying:

1-carriker
                2a-mccauley
                2b-bush

what does everyone think about possible meachem in round 3. we only have 2 WRs, and coles gets banged up way too much. a good #3 could reallllllly help out the pass. 2 things... do you think hell be around round 3, and do you think hell be good?
                I dont like it at all. I dont think Carriker is worth the first round pick. I dont like this guy McCauley at all. Bush is the only one id maybe consider. Carriker is probably a smart selection but I dont think that high. McCauley is meh to me and I dont really see anything special. Bush is coming off a major injury so there are too many '?'s there. I'd rather see something like this

1. Blaylock
                2a. Leonard
                2b. ?

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                  Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                  i am now saying:

1-carriker
                  2a-mccauley
                  2b-bush

I dont like it at all. I dont think Carriker is worth the first round pick. I dont like this guy McCauley at all. Bush is the only one id maybe consider. Carriker is probably a smart selection but I dont think that high. McCauley is meh to me and I dont really see anything special. Bush is coming off a major injury so there are too many '?'s there. I'd rather see something like this

1. Blaylock
                  2a. Leonard
                  2b. ?
                  The first mock is alright except mccauley would be the 1st rounder then Bush then Carriker. FOr that one id rather have leonard than bush. T/he second one, Blaylock may not fall to us, it the same as lynch, the chances of him falling are slim.

Comment

• its more of a what I want draft rather than a mock. I forgot to put that there. I think this kid McCauley will just be another average corner that you barely hear about. He isn't anything special. Our problem is that this draft doesn't help our defensive line needs. We gotta work wtih whats there and deal with it. This is a good draft but not the type of draft the jets need. I mean some positions can clearly be helped more then other but not the ones I believe we need.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• The more I think about it, this draft is going to depend on who is a F/A and who we sign of those people. That will clear the smoke screen for me atleast.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039
                        Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                        i am now saying:

1-carriker
                        2a-mccauley
                        2b-bush

1. Blaylock
                        2a. Leonard
                        2b. ?
                        The first mock is alright except mccauley would be the 1st rounder then Bush then Carriker. FOr that one id rather have leonard than bush. T/he second one, Blaylock may not fall to us, it the same as lynch, the chances of him falling are slim.
                        yah blalock is a 1% chance of reaching us, so i didnt even bothering putting him in. as for carriker, im not too sure how long hed last into round 2. ive been hearing a lot of hype about him, so i put him in at round 1. mccauley is about the best CB physically as possible. hes tall, strong, and fast. thats why i think its worth the try. with coaching by mangenius, he might be good. and i love bush. but what do you guys think about meachem??? you didnt tell me. good/bad? round 3 or higher?

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                          its more of a what I want draft rather than a mock. I forgot to put that there. I think this kid McCauley will just be another average corner that you barely hear about. He isn't anything special. Our problem is that this draft doesn't help our defensive line needs. We gotta work wtih whats there and deal with it. This is a good draft but not the type of draft the jets need. I mean some positions can clearly be helped more then other but not the ones I believe we need.
                          I disagree about mccauley, hes not an average prospect with little potential, hes more of a boom or bust time IMO, Hes really big and fast and just an all around great athlete, however, he had a disappointing senior year which is what scares alot of people, including myself. I don't really love mccauley, but he may be one of the few value picks at our spot.

Comment

• We definitely talked about Rhodes getting snubbed for the Pro Bowl awhile back, at least in the NFL thread but I thought we did here too. He did make second team All-Pro though, which is more legit because I believe there's no fan voting. He should have made it, but what can we do about it at this point?

And McCauley will probably not be an average NFL corner. He will either be a superstar or a massive bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                              Originally posted by josh07039
                              Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                              i am now saying:

1-carriker
                              2a-mccauley
                              2b-bush

1. Blaylock
                              2a. Leonard
                              2b. ?
                              yah blalock is a 1% chance of reaching us, so i didnt even bothering putting him in. as for carriker, im not too sure how long hed last into round 2. ive been hearing a lot of hype about him, so i put him in at round 1. mccauley is about the best CB physically as possible. hes tall, strong, and fast. thats why i think its worth the try. with coaching by mangenius, he might be good. and i love bush. but what do you guys think about meachem??? you didnt tell me. good/bad? round 3 or higher?
                              Meachem is a good player , but not necessarily filling one of our bigger needs.

Comment

• he is one of those guys im down on cuase of his senior season and Im just not a fant hats why I dont like him. IMO, I think he isnt going to be anything special.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information