Originally posted by derza222
    Originally posted by josh07039
    [quote:c40a45e43a="Young Nasty Man"]its more of a what I want draft rather than a mock. I forgot to put that there. I think this kid McCauley will just be another average corner that you barely hear about. He isn't anything special. Our problem is that this draft doesn't help our defensive line needs. We gotta work wtih whats there and deal with it. This is a good draft but not the type of draft the jets need. I mean some positions can clearly be helped more then other but not the ones I believe we need.
    I disagree about mccauley, hes not an average prospect with little potential, hes more of a boom or bust time IMO, Hes really big and fast and just an all around great athlete, however, he had a disappointing senior year which is what scares alot of people, including myself. I don't really love mccauley, but he may be one of the few value picks at our spot.
    Crap we're on the same page on McCauley Josh.
    what, Crap, it just shows we are the smartest ones here at the moment.
    We've always been the smartest ones here and always will be...
    notice I said at the moment, toonster comes here sometime.
    Oh true story. toonster is the smartest person in the universe. Shaved usually knows what he's talking about too.
    I suppose he does, doesn't mean I have to agree.
    Yeah, but he's usually money. We're NFLDC vets, we've been here for awhile, more than one draft. Speaking of which, so much changes before the draft, its tough to say that nobody worth our pick will be available or this guy is the perfect fit and will definitely be available because so much changes during predraft workouts. Just something for everyone here (including myself at times) to think about.
    Well from now on i will preface everything I type on this site with "as of right now" or " based on the information available at this moment" to illustrate that the nfl draft is a fluid ever changing entity.
    I didn't mean for everything its just sometimes people make it seem like theres no way that said player at said position will be worth our first rounder. And please nobody think I'm an ass for not mentioning you among smart Jets fans I was kidding, to an extent. toonster is a genius though.

Back to the draft, I was wondering who on this forum wants Turner, who wants to draft an everydown RB, and who wants to draft a power RB a bit later. Also, if you had to choose for us to trade up (for a specific player, i.e. Branch, Lynch) or trade down into the second and pick up more day 1 picks, which would you prefer?[/quote:c40a45e43a]I feel that Leonardd's value will rise to bottom one so i don't want a trade up or down, b/c everyone knows my views on Leonard. I suppose that answers the turner question too.
    Let me end with this statement, as a rabid Rutgers fan for my entire life I would consider any draft that doesn't include Leonard to be depressing and a failure. Its not merely b/c hes from RU, but b/c he fits so perfectly into this team and Mangini's team concept.

Comment

• to answer your question derza, heres what i want in order from most to least:

1- draft a power back in the late second (bush probably, hunt maybe)
      2- trade for turner
      3- draft an every down back like lynch

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• i think that we should draft jarvis moss. I know that we dont need a DE/OLB since we have Bryan Thomas for that but in a year or two he could fill in for the aging Kimo Von Olehoffen. He can also fill in for barton or even hobson he will be a great back up his rookie season and hopefully step in when kimo leaves.
        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

PLAYERS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
        KELLEN CLEMENS QB #11
        BRAD SMITH WR #16
        DAVID HARRIS MLB #52
        DARRELLE REVIS CB #24

Comment

• Originally posted by FenwayFaithful
          go pats
          classless...just like his head coach

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsman309
            i think that we should draft jarvis moss. I know that we dont need a DE/OLB since we have Bryan Thomas for that but in a year or two he could fill in for the aging Kimo Von Olehoffen. He can also fill in for barton or even hobson he will be a great back up his rookie season and hopefully step in when kimo leaves.
            I like Jarvis Moss alot as a 3-4 rush OLB to play opposite Thomas and moving Hobson inside but he cant play end in a 3-4. Hes 250lbs and undersized 3-4 ends are 285.

Comment

• Originally posted by vilma
              Originally posted by jetsman309
              i think that we should draft jarvis moss. I know that we dont need a DE/OLB since we have Bryan Thomas for that but in a year or two he could fill in for the aging Kimo Von Olehoffen. He can also fill in for barton or even hobson he will be a great back up his rookie season and hopefully step in when kimo leaves.
              I like Jarvis Moss alot as a 3-4 rush OLB to play opposite Thomas and moving Hobson inside but he cant play end in a 3-4. Hes 250lbs and undersized 3-4 ends are 285.
              that is a good point i think he would play great opposite Thomas but if we move barton inside where do we put hobson?

PLAYERS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
              KELLEN CLEMENS QB #11
              BRAD SMITH WR #16
              DAVID HARRIS MLB #52
              DARRELLE REVIS CB #24

Comment

• Ed Reed is much better than Rhodes. I mean, I love Rhodes, but come on.

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp
                  Ed Reed is much better than Rhodes. I mean, I love Rhodes, but come on.
                  did anyone say he was?

^^Sig From Nvot9

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2732215

Man, so much respect for this guy, he must really like working for Mangini. I'm so happy.

^^Sig From Nvot9

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                      Originally posted by frogstomp
                      Ed Reed is much better than Rhodes. I mean, I love Rhodes, but come on.
                      did anyone say he was?
                      No, this comment is out of nowhere. :roll:

Yeah, last page. Someone said Rhodes was the best Safety in the NFL.

Comment

• I really want Turner. He is a gem. He is a quick back that hits the hole fast. He is great for hte inside runnign game. He is a big boy and really can do some damage.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

Man, so much respect for this guy, he must really like working for Mangini. I'm so happy.
                          I posted that earlier.

Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                          I really want Turner. He is a gem. He is a quick back that hits the hole fast. He is great for hte inside runnign game. He is a big boy and really can do some damage.
                          Me too, man.

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:

Just saw it on the Jets website. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                              I really want Turner. He is a gem. He is a quick back that hits the hole fast. He is great for hte inside runnign game. He is a big boy and really can do some damage.
                              Ill say it again, Turner benefits from going up against tired defenses geared towards stopping LT. Additionally he runs behind a great Line and the best blocking Fb in the league.

Comment

• He is going to be a hot commodity and it's not going to be easy but still I would love to try.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information