This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate scotts mock for the jets
    round 1- i dont think moses is a horrble pick because of whos left, but idk if i see him fitting with the jets
    round 2a-horrible pick, horrible value there, i think with so many DTs coming off the board we should go CB there
    roudn 2b-i hate irons, the last thing we need is another injury prone rb, he had only 1 good year in college, and he doesnt really compliment leon, and especially when bush is there who in my opinion is probably the most underapreciated players in this draft

Comment

• I disagree

Originally posted by nyjets5125
      round 1- i dont think moses is a horrble pick because of whos left, but idk if i see him fitting with the jets
      I can't say that I'm a big fan of his, but the Jets need a passrusher and Moses is a pass rusher. Plus how cool would it sound to say that Abraham was replaced with Moses :P

round 2a-horrible pick, horrible value there, i think with so many DTs coming off the board we should go CB there
      Mebane has the tools and skills needed to develop into a NT in the future. Is the value perfect? no. but if they could pick up a NT for the future in the second round then I'd be happy with it. Even if he doesn't start he would be a valueable and versatile player on the defensive line. NT is an incredibly demaning position and the starters only play about 60% of the snaps as it is.

Cornerback is hardly enough of a need to be considered a necessity pick.

roudn 2b-i hate irons, the last thing we need is another injury prone rb, he had only 1 good year in college, and he doesnt really compliment leon, and especially when bush is there who in my opinion is probably the most underapreciated players in this draft
      You claim to hate Iron because he is an injury prone runningback, yet you glorify the most injury prone runningback in the draft. Bush is a 6-3 250lb runningback that runs too high, and is coming off of a serious leg injury as it is. If that doesn't scream injury prone I don't know what does.

Kenny Irons has some Curtis Martin in him. He's a little undersized but he plays like he's 20lbs heavier. Martin suffered from inuries throughout his career also, but he grinded his way through him as though he was healthy.

Comment

• about the bush v. irons thing, i no it was very hypocritcal about irons being injury prone and then praising bush, but i think bush is just so much better and fits the team so much better, and i think bush is worth the injury problems but i dont think irons is

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125
          about the bush v. irons thing, i no it was very hypocritcal about irons being injury prone and then praising bush, but i think bush is just so much better and fits the team so much better, and i think bush is worth the injury problems but i dont think irons is
          I'm curious as to why you think Bush is a better fit for the team. I really don't like Moses as a player and would prefer not to go with a 3-4 OLB but if it's BPA I wouldn't care. In that case I don't like the Moses pick though. Otherwise I think Zim's analysis was money.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222
            about the bush v. irons thing, i no it was very hypocritcal about irons being injury prone and then praising bush, but i think bush is just so much better and fits the team so much better, and i think bush is worth the injury problems but i dont think irons is
            I'm curious as to why you think Bush is a better fit for the team. I really don't like Moses as a player and would prefer not to go with a 3-4 OLB but if it's BPA I wouldn't care. In that case I don't like the Moses pick though. Otherwise I think Zim's analysis was money.
            Bush is a bigger, stronger runner than Irons, but they have about the same speed (same timed speed). also, bush is more productive and more of a game changer/difference maker. also, i think the bush-washington tandem would be great. it would be the jets version of thunder and lightning, except this one would actually work.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjets5125
              Originally posted by derza222
              Bush is a bigger, stronger runner than Irons, but they have about the same speed (same timed speed). also, bush is more productive and more of a game changer/difference maker. also, i think the bush-washington tandem would be great. it would be the jets version of thunder and lightning, except this one would actually work.
              Bush is NOT a power runner, don't assume he is just because he's 250. Bush is a 250 lb back that runs like he's 200 (he tries to run around people, not over them), Irons is a 200 lb back that runs like he's 225. And Bush is coming off a more serious injury than Irons is. Not that I really prefer Irons a ton, but I'm not a big Bush fan either. Lots of Jets fans tend to overrate him, he's not the kind of back you'd expect just by looking at his measurables.

Comment

• The jets dont really need a 3-4 OLB, they need a situational pass rusher (i.e. Mark Anderson). I wouldnt totally rule out Moses, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by El$anDollah
                  The jets dont really need a 3-4 OLB, they need a situational pass rusher (i.e. Mark Anderson). I wouldnt totally rule out Moses, though.
                  agree 100% on that...i def love the idea of alama-francis...i remember watching a bunch of hawaii games cuase my roomate was huge on colt brennan this year and besides the fullback who i kept confusing as an offensive lineman the person who really shocked me was alama-francis...after only playing a few years of serious football the kids a defensive captain and a physical beast...i generally dont like using the term terrific upside but for our third rounder i really feel he could be the person to groom as the new DE and replace kimo...and who knows with his physical tools and apparant amazing work ethic could replace him by season opener or midseason...and his father was a decent nfl player so u got that pedigree nonsense some people value..which is nice

Comment

• and from the quotes after seasons end it doesnt seem like dre bly would be too high a priority for the jets...as i remember hearing we plan on building through the draft more times than anything else really....i mean i wouldnt mind having him on our team but i dont like the idea of giving up anything to get him

Comment

• We signed another Patriots coach!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2766781

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2
                        We signed another Patriots coach!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2766781
                        It's official-

Patriots= Jets feeder team

Comment

• Did you guys hear, Asante Samuel got Franchised. I guess should look into Nate Clements now.

Comment

Did you guys hear, Asante Samuel got Franchised. I guess should look into Nate Clements now.
                            whered you ehar that? i heard about briggs, not asante

Comment

Did you guys hear, Asante Samuel got Franchised. I guess should look into Nate Clements now.
                              Samuel was really the only high priced free agent cornerback that I really would've liked on the Jets due to his familiarty with the scheme and coaches. Clements doesn't have that experience and will undoubtedly have a very big price tag. Free agent cornerbacks are hardly worth what you have to pay them.

Comment

• Since Dewayne Robertson is nearing the end of his rookie contract do you think the Jets are open for trade offers for him? I've heard that while he is a good DT he just doesn't fit the NT profile. So what would it take to trade for him? A first rounder?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information