Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank god for Michael Huff moving to FS...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank god for Michael Huff moving to FS...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=26540

Yayyyy:D

Might be old to you guys so sorry if so, but it says Wilson will be playing more in the box, which wasn't Huff's strong suit, he is a free range type of FS, now that he is finally in a more natural position I have big expectations for this seconary, I really hope it can stay together for some time.

Look for Huff to be a playmaker, he has great awareness, instincts, and has a nose for the ball...With 2 great cover corners he should have some chances to be a playmaker finally...Great decision by Oakland, always bothered me that he was being asked 2 be in the box.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Best secondary ever with that move.

Comment

Michael Huff DeAngelo Hall Gibril Wilson Nnamdi Asomugha

WOW!

Comment

Russell says he is "down" to 269, fatty.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
          Russell says he is "down" to 269, fatty.
          hey its a gland disorder and he is big boned...lol jk

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

LMAO, Harris at LT? LOL, have a good time being on your behind Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              Best secondary ever with that move.
              Your avatar really screws with me, in so many different ways.

Comment

If he can play to his potenial this year, we will have the best secondary in the league. All we need to do is somehow resign Asomougha

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I'm holding off judgment on Huff. He's gotten progressively less aggressive as time has gone on, which I think played a big part in the selection of Branch in this past draft.

Keep in mind that Huff did not play a free safety position in college. He was an in the box guy and man coverage guy all the way. How he takes to his new position is yet to be seen.

Comment

Huff is going to beast it.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      I'm holding off judgment on Huff. He's gotten progressively less aggressive as time has gone on, which I think played a big part in the selection of Branch in this past draft.

Keep in mind that Huff did not play a free safety position in college. He was an in the box guy and man coverage guy all the way. How he takes to his new position is yet to be seen.

Technically no he wasn't listed as a FS, but essentially he played as one for us...Fact is we had two FS back there(the other being Michael Griffin), but Huff still wasn't asked to do the same things he was when he got to the NFL, which is take on blockers and the tight end, being in close space and not being able to use his instincts and athleticism to make plays...You are right he did play lots of man which is why FS suits him better, he can slide down and cover a slot WR, make play in the open field, and he can fill in the box...I just don't think you want to ask him to be in the box the entire game taking on guys who outweigh him by 60 lbs, your not really getting a chance to see him use his athleticism to the fullest extent.

I'm not going to act like moving him to FS makes him a pro bowler, but I did happen to meet him back in Irving, Texas(where he's from originally) at the gym I worked at, and he voiced alot of displeasure in his role and what he was asked to do, its alot different then what he was doing at Texas and he wasn't comfortable in that role...When you have guys feeling that way they over think things, and just don't let the game come naturally...If you switch Huff's role to something similiar to how Michael Griffin is used for the Titans in the secondary I think you would see a big difference, Griffin has been a damn good FS thus far and anyone who saw the two play throughout college could tell you Huff is the superior safety in every aspect...I assume he is just as happy about the switch and this year will be a big one for him as well, but with two corners who can play man on an island, I believe if you let him play some centerfielder you will see completely different results.

Comment

My only point is that in college, Huff was rarely ever a centerfielder and he was never much of an interception threat. Most of his big plays came in tight coverage within the first ten yards or breaking up option plays in the backfield. Obviously, once the guys got bigger and faster he couldn't do the same sort of thing, so the move will be good for him. But the best thing he's done to date is cover tight ends, which he won't be able to do as a free safety.

I think the Wilson signing may pose more benefit for Huff than any other move Oakland could have made, but I want to see Huff take that centerfield role and make it his, because I have no memory of him every being asked to do it before.

Comment

Wilson is pretty bad in coverage, he makes some interceptions but really not a threat either. He makes alot of tackles but thats mainly due to our linebackers and all of our DBs being average, so don't look for him to be as productive as his last season.

I think he'll land somewhere near 3 INTs, 60 tackles, maybe 2 FF, 12 PBD. he's good but not great.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                            Wilson is pretty bad in coverage, he makes some interceptions but really not a threat either. He makes alot of tackles but thats mainly due to our linebackers and all of our DBs being average, so don't look for him to be as productive as his last season.

I think he'll land somewhere near 3 INTs, 60 tackles, maybe 2 FF, 12 PBD. he's good but not great.
                            Good but not great is a huge improvement over Shweigert so i'll be happy if thats the case.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post

From what I've seen, he's above average in man coverage, and he's probably built better to battle guys like Gonzalez and Gates. I think he ends up playing closer to the line unless the front seven shows some major improvement, but I think he's probably best in that role.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information