Russell or Garcia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell or Garcia?

The question is simple, who should start?

Who ya got?

Russell should start just because we have so much invested in him and it will benefit us in the long haul. I think we would have a better chance to win now with Garcia though.

Comment

It has to be Russell....he made some strides last year with his decision making and with the new additions at WR we should have an improved passing by the end of the year. There may be some growing pains with WR's at the start, but our passing game can't get any worse from a WR standpoint.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

why the hell should the raiders give up on a kid with one year playing time with a 60mil contract i sure hope the raiders dont have such lack of faith on this kid.

Comment

Neither? I'd prefer to have a viable option.
          My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

No matter how good Garcia may look in camp, which he hasn't at all to this point, Russell will be leading the team into week one. After that, it will probably be an issue to be evaluated on a week-to-week basis, partly because I’m not expecting Russell to be anymore than an above average starter in his second full season. Garcia is the key to a few more victories this season, and we all know how hungry Al and the coaching staff are for success. I’d say this season even moreso than the last few. We could see a few instances where Russell is pulled in favor of Garcia during the second half of games to try and obtain the W. Our pass protection is still a major concern of mine as well as the majority of the receiving core, which shouldn’t help his cause much.

Comment

Starting Garcia means we have given up on Russell, and I havent

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                Neither? I'd prefer to have a viable option.
                I always enjoy your posts, however pessimistic they may be ..

Comment

Yeah I don't think Garcia was payed to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                    Yeah I don't think Garcia was payed to start.
                    I never said who would start, but rather who should ..

Which QB gives the team the best chance to win this season?

Comment

In my opinion, its not even a question. Jamarcus Russell WILL and SHOULD be your starter next season. I think getting a veteran that actually did something and knows the game very well around him will do wonders. It is also GREAT insurance having Garcia as a backup. As an Eagle fan, I can remember how he put the Eagles on his back and brought them to the playoffs a couple season ago.

Comment

I don't get why some people want to start Garcia to WIN NOW. That will make us what? 6-10 instead of 4-12?

Comment

Originally posted by whatadai View Post
                          I don't get why some people want to start Garcia to WIN NOW. That will make us what? 6-10 instead of 4-12?
                          Nah, more like 8-8. Good enough to take this division. :)

Comment

I hate to say this, but come on, Garcia gives us a better chance to win at this point. Russell still cant even hit his rb's out of the backfield consistently, and hasn't looked any better in camp.

Comment

I don't think it matters if Russell is outperformed in training camp its his third year and Al wants to prove hes right, I'm pretty sure he'll start at the beggining of the season and even if he plays awful I feel he'll be the starter for quite a while this season before he's replaced.
                              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information