Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not having a 1st round pick I think it would be a perfect time to upgrade the Center position. I would rather have a true #1 WR but if our first pick comes in the middle of the 2nd round chances are slim. That said a quality starter center for the next couple years could be found in that range. That position has been a mess ever since Barret Robbins lost his head....

I dont know exactly who it could be, but I want a tough, durable, reliable, strong and smart guy. Somebody with a lot of experience who was a leader on his college and HS teams.
    Last edited by Raider_fan_Canada; 11-28-2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Thread sticky and merge.

Comment

O-line is definitely the way to go. I really would like to see Bruce Campbell start next year. Though C is definitely a huge need, and depending where Campbell ends up playing RT/RG should also be adressed. One thing we need is another shutdown corner. I ain't confident in CJ or Routt across from Nnamdi. Bringing in another shutdown guy would be huge for our defense.

I personally would love to have Newton, but I really doubt he does drop to the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by _YL_ View Post
          I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.
          thats merely a matter of opinion I've seen him make some weak throws and some good throws but the fact is hes hardly thrown the ball much during his college career so the scouts don't have alot that they can judge on.Hes also in an offense that uses the pass in order to suprise its opponents.Its fairly easy to say though that he does have alot of potential. Lets not pretend that this organization is run like most others this is Al Davis in charge and to think that Cables job will be safe for a couple more seasons is a mistake. Putting a raw QB who needs time to develop in a situation where the coaching staff,schemes,and everything else change pretty easily isn't a good idea. Newton in Oakland seems like a oil and water situation to me.
          But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB's
          Thats great for a mock draft. It doesn't support your argument.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Argument no opinion yes,

But Can I please get a real QB please,I would literally do anything to get A.Luck or trade whatever needed for K.Kolb.
            Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

Kolb is intriguing, but they will want a king's ransom for him.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Don't see them wanting no more then what Houston gave to Atlanta.from what I see

Luck
                Newton
                Mallett

in that order we have a shot to J.Locker.
                Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

Locker, Ponder or Newton in the 2nd sounds just about right

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Im all for Newton or Locker. With our O-line still not established yet it benefits our offense way more to have a QB that can escape the rush. Newton would offer up some more playcall options. Designed QB runs FTW!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SwagU View Post
                      Im all for Newton or Locker. With our O-line still not established yet it benefits our offense way more to have a QB that can escape the rush. Newton would offer up some more playcall options. Designed QB runs FTW!!!!
                      That's not gonna fly in the NFL. I doubt we get a shot at either, to be honest here. Newton is destined for the top 10, and Locker for the top 20.

Comment

Someone like Nick Foles is far more likely. That said, if Luck and Newton come out, some QB will probably fall into the late 1st or farther. I kinda doubt we see 4 QB's go top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          Someone like Nick Foles is far more likely. That said, if Luck and Newton come out, some QB will probably fall into the late 1st or farther. I kinda doubt we see 4 QB's go top 20.
                          I'm a big fan of Foles. He's got the intangibles that I look for in a QB, to go with the cannon for an arm. I'd even settle for someone like Stanzi in the third or fourth round.

Comment

I'd much rather snag a center in the 2nd and try and get a vet QB, but it depends on who becomes available. Maybe Denver is stupid and lets Orton walk. I'd love to get him on this offense.

Comment

Orton behind our offensive line would be a joke.

Comment

Because some other QB or a rookie QB would be better behind the line, correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information